CFB Playoff Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure, but Alabama generally wins all their games by having bigger and stronger athletes on both sides of the football and then just not doing anything stupid.

I think it's so weird that they lose 1-2 games a year. They have consistently had a top 3 class for the past what, 6 years? and one of the GOAT coaches, arguably the best since the Bear. They shouldn't lose a game ever, yet their longest winning streak is 19.

I think it's so weird that they lose 1-2 games a year. They have consistently had a top 3 class for the past what, 6 years? and one of the GOAT coaches, arguably the best since the Bear. They shouldn't lose a game ever, yet their longest winning streak is 19.

Me too skz, me too. Maybe our coaches are overrated. maybe the recruits are overrated. Maybe the players get overconfident and forget that they have to put out on every play.

Comparing Saban to Coach Bryant is difficult though. Saban is probably a better coach and his players respect him, but Coach Bryant had a way of making guys do anything to not disappoint him. In 20 years, I don't see Sabans ex players getting emotional talking about him. Coach Bryant's former players get choked up talking about the ole man. Coach Saban is intimidating, but Coach Bryant had charisma, grit, and a presence that's just rare now.

Me too skz, me too. Maybe our coaches are overrated. maybe the recruits are overrated. Maybe the players get overconfident and forget that they have to put out on every play.

Comparing Saban to Coach Bryant is difficult though. Saban is probably a better coach and his players respect him, but Coach Bryant had a way of making guys do anything to not disappoint him. In 20 years, I don't see Sabans ex players getting emotional talking about him. Coach Bryant's former players get choked up talking about the ole man. Coach Saban is intimidating, but Coach Bryant had charisma, grit, and a presence that's just rare now.

It has way more to do with how much the game has changed. The offenses that are ran, how much throwing the ball has developed and then add into that the rule changes that greatly favor the offenses. If this was 15-20 years ago Bama would still be in these playoffs. Now that athletes are getting put in space/spread out it has piled on so much pressure for the defensive players/coaches. The hardest thing to do in athletics IMHO is covering a guy one on one and tackling in the open field. There's a reason why when the spread really hit the SEC the defenses have been looking more and more flawed.

This is why I am not one of those fire Mike Stoops guys. When you watch the Baylors, TCU's, and Oregons of the world run their offenses it's scary as shit as a defensive guy. They spread you out and go really fast so your players have little time to react and on top of that the coach in the booth is looking at your alignment and calling the play down. Bam, all within 12-15 seconds of the last play. One missed tackle or alignment and they pick up 20, 30 or a TD.

Saban's not a dummy though that's why he wanted the play clock rule implemented and why he went and got a Kiffin. He's a pro style guy but he runs an explosive offense. Saban knows that he's gonna have to out score some people.

I think Misto wrote this:

B6j4C0yCIAArJXs.jpg

Saban knows that he's gonna have to out score some people.

Should probably teach the corners how to cover someone. Hey, who coaches those guys anyways?

:icon_lol:

I don't think you guys have much to complain about....

Theres a report posted on Rivals this morning that Harbaugh has been turned down so far by two assistant coaches. If you assume that rumors are true, he also tried to hire NU's new RB coach (who was his RB & TE coach with the 49ers). All three of these coaches have a lengthy history with Harbaugh, so maybe the guy is just really difficult to work under?

lol what nonsense

Saban and Bear had two totally different styles. Nick was brought to Bama to win, not coddle his players. It's a different era. A presence like that is rare today because most coaches aren't around after 3 years. Don't forget that when Saban gets to the NCG, he's money.

Theres a report posted on Rivals this morning that Harbaugh has been turned down so far by two assistant coaches. If you assume that rumors are true, he also tried to hire NU's new RB coach (who was his RB & TE coach with the 49ers). All three of these coaches have a lengthy history with Harbaugh, so maybe the guy is just really difficult to work under?

*forwards r

Does anyone have a link to calls from the Finebaum after Ohio State crushed Alabama?

oregons national championship game uniforms dont have their school colors anywhere on them
Thats dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back