Social CDC: The average American man is 5'9 and 198 pounds; an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds

And just imagine how much worse it will be in 10/20 years.
Because the many adults grew up with an active lifestyle, like playing outside and doing sports.
Kids nowadays play videogames inside as exercize and eat even worse.
Like others already said, some 40 years ago I had like 1 or 2 fat kids in the entire school, now I see many and I really mean many little michelinman-like kids waggling around with 2 caloriebunkers as parents. So sad, maybe even criminal, giving your own child all kinds of diseases by growing em fat.

maxresdefault.jpg

what is your source for those statistics?

We need common sense laws to protect our health. Nobody NEEDS fast food, refined sugar, empty calories, soft drinks, etc. I think the government should step in. Take a look at one of America's biggest killers: heart disease. I think we all can agree that our children's safety and future is at stake.

Do something before it's too late!

The money is in the pushing not the stopping.

Never forget the biggest brake to excelling is comfort. Almost every example makes you feel comfortable (at least initially)

5.4 and 171??? That´s easier to jump over than to walk around.

Are children not getting the proper cultural influences anymore? This shit completely changed my life when I first saw it as a prepubescent youngster. I made my parents buy me the red polo Arnold was rocking lol. Just pure narcissistic vanity alone would be enough to keep me from ever turning into some disgusting fat cunt. I think visible abs (and I don't even mean like fitness model or anything) are a good threshold IMO. If you can't see them, you got a problem.

tenor.gif

Still Knocks.

It does for me. I don't want to be fat, and even as a dad who has very little free time, I can rock out 100 pushups in one go. There aren't any pull up bars around me, so I use playground equipment, moneky bars or swing sets.
I don't mind a bit of fat, but anything more than a bit is gross and feels wrong to me.
When I was little I could do stuff and not be tired and fall to pieces. But I had a tough family, daily beatings and all. Being out of shape was a death sentence. Kids these days have no shame and no motivation to be in shape

What an excellent word. A+ word!

Also, a toxic combination of parents who do not know what discipline or wisdom mean and would have no idea where to look, a society that frowns upon such notions and is hostile to personal criticism, on a primitive level peers who now wobble together and shame each other over other, even stupider things, and on a more advanced level a circle back to "why shouldn't I be fat?" with a darker underlying, "why shouldn't I be or not be anything? we're all dying soon anyway..." whereupon the young are encouraged to flower early, to consume everything lest they become old and no longer enjoy the immediacy of all kinds of excess. Fascinating stuff.
Haha thanks.
Yeah most parents don't do anything. They don't want their gets to be upset. I see so many kids out in public, where the parents just gave them a cellphone to make them be quiet. My kids get yelled at for being rowdy. They need to learn what is OK. Most parents are scared to teach them that.
I yell at other people's kids when we're out. No one else will, and even the parents don't do anything when their kids are being awful. Like spraying water on my family's things at the park.
Which all feed into what you said, why stop someone if it makes them unhappy? Well, there are consequences that's why.
Hedonism has really driven me to the right more and more. I can't stand it, esp when their being lazy is being pushed on everyone

It would be great if we could get away from the antiquated BMI index just to get a quantifiable number to determine overall health. I know i could/should lose ten pounds, but when I was younger and bigger, my BMI number made me look like a fat fuck. Currently, I am 5’9” and weigh 210. When I was 7 years younger, I weighed 220, but was solid. But being 5’9” I was in the obese, bordering on morbidly obese category. Go fuck yourselves with a flaming pine cone.

5 9 is like king of the manlets height.

Murica, nation of fat manlets.

200 calories of exercise is fucking hard. And it's completely wiped out by eating a candy bar.

And seeing as exercise makes you hungry..

Your dietary habits are just better than most Americans. Your weight has little to nothing to do with your exercise unless you exercise like a Navy SEAL.

200 calories of exercise is fucking hard????

I hope you are joking bro. I do that about every 15 minutes with my Muay Thai training

At first, I was struck by how much people are enjoying calling Americans fat. Then I remembered fat shaming is a good thing. It motivates people not to be fatties.

The old "fat americans" cliche is becoming less valid by the day. Euros doing their best to catch up. Especially the women.

I like how many people went hard on this one, completely glossing over the fact that the average man is just as fat and short too. A lot of projection going on in this thread.
We take out overweight women serious in this thread.

The old "fat americans" cliche is becoming less valid by the day. Euros doing their best to catch up. Especially the women.

Yep can't imagine they are any worse than some of the people you'd see on an average British high street , in your fat face America ! .

5 9 is like king of the manlets height.

Murica, nation of fat manlets.
It's not homogeneous, both white and black americans are taller than that average and hispanics mestizos and asians shorter. White/blacks are about the same height at 5'10"-5'11" average, very similar to european average heights.

It would be great if we could get away from the antiquated BMI index just to get a quantifiable number to determine overall health. I know i could/should lose ten pounds, but when I was younger and bigger, my BMI number made me look like a fat fuck. Currently, I am 5’9” and weigh 210. When I was 7 years younger, I weighed 220, but was solid. But being 5’9” I was in the obese, bordering on morbidly obese category. Go fuck yourselves with a flaming pine cone.

BMI is far from perfect but it is applicable to most people. I would say that for at least 90% of people who have a BMI of 30 and above, it is because they are fat fucks, not muscle bound athletes. People who's body weights puts them in the obese category, but who are actually lean and muscular, are pretty rare. Even most guys who lift and carry a lot muscle are still only in the 25 to 30 range.

Back