Social CDC: The average American man is 5'9 and 198 pounds; an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds

6'2, 175 .

My litmus test for fatness is whether or not you can see your penis when you're urinating.
If you cannot, due to a mound of blubber, that should be a cue.

That won't make people work out and working out doesn't make you lose weight. Losing weight is 100% diet and no one wants to follow a diet, or they'd already not be fat.

I would say diet and following a healthy diet regimen is 90 percent of the battle.

Exercise is still very important.

I will agree, that the fastest results in my physique, lbm percentage etc came about from cutting out processed food, a great deal of alcohol, and just other shit...

Meal prepping also helped change my life along with Crossfit.

Corn syrup is in everything.

I was buying peanut butter today, searching for something with just peanuts. JIF had a peanut butter where the 1st or 2nd ingredient was corn syrup and then sugar. If they can't make peanut butter without that stuff, no wonder Americans are getting fatter. It's crazy that I have to look through 6 different brands of peanut butter to find one that's just peanuts, lol.
Trader Joes has a good one.

Pics usually help give context to a thread but some of these are ban worthy IMO.

6'2" 180lbs. checking in. Did I mention teh part about benching 275?

That's actually very thin.

The average is kinda misleading, i mean add th people appearing on my 600 pound life and it's skews the data. I need to know the mode, the height and weight that occurs the MOST in the people polled.

That being said I am below average height, and I feel like my current weight would be on the cusp of being considered overweight for my height, if not already there.

It is also a regional thing in a lot of ways. From state to state, the rate of obesity ranges for 22% (Colorado) all the way to 38% (West Virginia). The rest of the states pretty much cover everything in between. That is a pretty big difference based on location.

200 calories of exercise is fucking hard????

I hope you are joking bro. I do that about every 15 minutes with my Muay Thai training

Burning 200 calories takes a lot of effort comparatively to the 2 minutes it takes to eat it. You could eat a burger of 1000 calories in 5 mins. If you dig into a box of chocolates or cookies, you can easily be 1000 calories down and not feel full in the slightest. Fitness is 90% diet, and it's especially important for ordinary people who don't train.

Considering dietary guidelines this does not surprise me in the least.

Burning 200 calories takes a lot of effort comparatively to the 2 minutes it takes to eat it. You could eat a burger of 1000 calories in 5 mins. If you dig into a box of chocolates or cookies, you can easily be 1000 calories down and not feel full in the slightest. Fitness is 90% diet, and it's especially important for ordinary people who don't train.
That's why you make a box of chocolates last more than one day.....you don't have to eat them all in one sitting.

That's why you make a box of chocolates last more than one day.....you don't have to eat them all in one sitting.

Lol @ acting like you're above eating too many of your favourite sweets. My solution is simple, I just don't buy them, you're asking for trouble buying them and keeping them around the house.

Lol @ acting like you're above eating too many of your favourite sweets. My solution is simple, I just don't buy them, you're asking for trouble buying them and keeping them around the house.
Sweets I can limit, what I'm not above is eating more than a serving of popcorn or chips.

This bullshit came out of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, had a limited testing pool and is the equivalent of "THE PAY GAP".

Total up the amount of
everyone's weight and divide it by the number of people and then apply it to everyone. Its a bullshit thing to do as it does not apply...they could not even be bothered by getting information from health company data bases so their pool represents a larger portion of the population.

All it takes is to have a few grossly obese people in the pool to throw all the numbers off as one 500 pound fat ass would add a few pounds to the average of a few hundred people...this entire thread is just food for morons.

This bullshit came out of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, had a limited testing pool and is the equivalent of "THE PAY GAP".

Total up the amount of
everyone's weight and divide it by the number of people and then apply it to everyone. Its a bullshit thing to do as it does not apply...they could not even be bothered by getting information from health company data bases so their pool represents a larger portion of the population.

All it takes is to have a few grossly obese people in the pool to throw all the numbers off as one 500 pound fat ass would add a few pounds to the average of a few hundred people...this entire thread is just food for morons.
it's ok if you are fat

Corn syrup is in everything.

I was buying peanut butter today, searching for something with just peanuts. JIF had a peanut butter where the 1st or 2nd ingredient was corn syrup and then sugar. If they can't make peanut butter without that stuff, no wonder Americans are getting fatter. It's crazy that I have to look through 6 different brands of peanut butter to find one that's just peanuts, lol.

Years ago I switched to peanut butter (ingredients: just peanuts) from whatever the peanut based desert is that is passed as it usually, and I can confidently say most of the people I know or have met have never eaten anything other than the icing sugar/corn syrup + canola oil and 6 other ingredient variety.

it's ok if you are fat

iu

what does that have to do with this? You think this is some inside job from the CDC or some deep state paid off by healthy food lobbyists and gym owners? Do you disagree US has an obesity and poor eating health epidemic?

what does that have to do with this? You think this is some inside job from the CDC or some deep state paid off by healthy food lobbyists and gym owners? Do you disagree US has an obesity and poor eating health epidemic?

Everything.

The myth of the wage gap was created by people that took a small pool of information on how much money men and women made, left out all relevant information and just averaged it out.

All that means is that THOSE people, made up THAT average. It does not represent the total population in EITHER example.

You get one man in your pool that makes 1 million a year and suddenly the average total that men makes skyrockets. Its the fucking same thing with this stupid ass survey. You can have a large portion of your pool UNDER weight and then toss in a few 500 pound fucks and make everyone sound over weight.

You are uneducated and thus easily deceived which is why so many use this simple trick so often.

https://www.physics.smu.edu/pseudo/LieStat/

"When talking about a group of values you hear of the "average" value. You might assume one thing but, on occasion, someone with an ulterior motive will use something different. The natural assumption is the arithmetic mean, which is the sum of the numbers divided by the count. There is another "average" that is sometimes used, namely the median. If you take all the values and arrange them in ascending order, then take the middle one, you have the median. It means that half of the values were lower and half were higher.

Example: Suppose you want to buy a home in a area where the average income is high (you might make some good connections among your neighbors). Your agent shows you a development in which the average income is over $1,000,000 annually. That sounds really good, so you buy. However, over time, your notice that few of your neighbors actually seem very wealthy. In fact, you can't seem to find anyone with an income over $100,000. Did the real estate agent deceive you?

Yes, in a way. It turns out that there is a tiny little cul-de-sac where 4 or 5 really highly paid executives live. They pull down $10,000,000 or more. The rest of the residents are in the $60,000 to $100,000 range. The few VERY LARGE incomes pulled the average WAY UP. You'd get a better picture of the income distribution by using the median, which might be $75,000 or so. A few large values skewing the distribution will drag the arithmetic average up but will not have much effect on the median."

Everything.

The myth of the wage gap was created by people that took a small pool of information on how much money men and women made, left out all relevant information and just averaged it out.

All that means is that THOSE people, made up THAT average. It does not represent the total population in EITHER example.

You get one man in your pool that makes 1 million a year and suddenly the average total that men makes skyrockets. Its the fucking same thing with this stupid ass survey. You can have a large portion of your pool UNDER weight and then toss in a few 500 pound fucks and make everyone sound over weight.

You are uneducated and thus easily deceived which is why so many use this simple trick so often.

https://www.physics.smu.edu/pseudo/LieStat/

"When talking about a group of values you hear of the "average" value. You might assume one thing but, on occasion, someone with an ulterior motive will use something different. The natural assumption is the arithmetic mean, which is the sum of the numbers divided by the count. There is another "average" that is sometimes used, namely the median. If you take all the values and arrange them in ascending order, then take the middle one, you have the median. It means that half of the values were lower and half were higher.

Example: Suppose you want to buy a home in a area where the average income is high (you might make some good connections among your neighbors). Your agent shows you a development in which the average income is over $1,000,000 annually. That sounds really good, so you buy. However, over time, your notice that few of your neighbors actually seem very wealthy. In fact, you can't seem to find anyone with an income over $100,000. Did the real estate agent deceive you?

Yes, in a way. It turns out that there is a tiny little cul-de-sac where 4 or 5 really highly paid executives live. They pull down $10,000,000 or more. The rest of the residents are in the $60,000 to $100,000 range. The few VERY LARGE incomes pulled the average WAY UP. You'd get a better picture of the income distribution by using the median, which might be $75,000 or so. A few large values skewing the distribution will drag the arithmetic average up but will not have much effect on the median."
i understand about the wage gap issue, there was an agenda for that data, that was not my point. i asked if you disagree that the US has an obesity and associated health issues epidemic? Whether it's 5'4 171 or 5'4 150, that's still fat fucks. There's no agenda here trying to find something that may or may not exist, US has an obesity problem.

The average is kinda misleading, i mean add th people appearing on my 600 pound life and it's skews the data. I need to know the mode, the height and weight that occurs the MOST in the people polled.

That being said I am below average height, and I feel like my current weight would be on the cusp of being considered overweight for my height, if not already there.
Give us the stats

<{jackyeah}>

i understand about the wage gap issue, there was an agenda for that data, that was not my point. i asked if you disagree that the US has an obesity and associated health issues epidemic? Whether it's 5'4 171 or 5'4 150, that's still fat fucks. There's no agenda here trying to find something that may or may not exist, US has an obesity problem.

Allow me to highlight something for you....

(Bloomberg)
The Obesity SocietyT, a scientific research organization

I like how many people went hard on this one, completely glossing over the fact that the average man is just as fat and short too. A lot of projection going on in this thread.

Funny because if you look back I was involved in an entire conversation about the man.

Come on now

Back