Social CDC: The average American man is 5'9 and 198 pounds; an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds

Yeah it's really not accurate. Half the people in this study could be jacked and will show up as obese. I had a coworker in the military who was a body builder and constantly got hassled for failing his BMI tests, even though anyone with eyes could see he was in phenomenal shape.
Same. A guy in my division got 'outstanding' on every fitness test, but failed every weigh in.

Leave dairy alone, asshole. Many people eat an abundance of butter, cream, cheese and milk and live long lives without being obese. The entirety of my father's side of the family did and still does.

The processed food and sugar are what's doing it.

Nothing says healthy like butter.

Nothing says healthy like butter.

Lol, you made the mistake already.

Life is not about healthy. Your life span is determined the second you exit your mother's womb. Your genes have already determined how long you will live. The only things that matter are the extremes.

Extreme exposure to radiation and chemicals, alcohol, tobacco, hard drugs, and extremely poor diets. That is what may take years off your life.

The idea that eating a depressing diet of veggies and other bland foods will actually ADD years on to your life. You are fucking fooling yourself.

But by all means, keep up the disillusion. Healthy living is moderation. A long life is healthy living and good genes, plain and simple.

And butter is simply dairy fat. Nothing wrong with it at all. Show me studies that prove butter takes years off of your life, asshole.

Lol, you made the mistake already.

Life is not about healthy. Your life span is determined the second you exit your mother's womb. Your genes have already determined how long you will live. The only things that matter are the extremes.

Extreme exposure to radiation and chemicals, alcohol, tobacco, hard drugs, and extremely poor diets. That is what may take years off your life.

The idea that eating a depressing diet of veggies and other bland foods will actually ADD years on to your life. You are fucking fooling yourself.

But by all means, keep up the disillusion. Healthy living is moderation. A long life is healthy living and good genes, plain and simple.

Yes butter is the healthiest food you can eat. Haven’t ya heard

Wherther or not the group is biased or not has nothing to do with the OP or the prior guy you replied to or my post.

Oh really...

QUOTE="D 1 Wrestler, post: 147640761, member: 411253"]i understand about the wage gap issue, there was an agenda for that data[/QUOTE]

That indicates that he believes there is NO agenda for THIS data. Also since when does refuting data in an article in an OP, not related to the OP?!? GTFO here with that shit.

I don't like BMI but to be fair you literally listed two dudes who use synthetic testosterone to aide in muscle weight/mass.

I congratulate you for tossing out the entire point to attempt to sound remotely correct.

BMI is not an indicator of being out of shape. "Overweight" is a meaningless term as it does not factor in muscle or body/fat ratio and it means even less when tossed in with a statistic used to push an agenda...the very idea of taking the weight of a group of people and averaging it out and then apply it to a population of 320,000,00+ people.

Talk about a topic meant to get the bottom feeders agreeing.

Oh really...

i understand about the wage gap issue, there was an agenda for that data

That indicates that he believes there is NO agenda for THIS data. Also since when does refuting data in an article in an OP, not related to the OP?!? GTFO here with that shit.
Because you are not focusing on data relevant to the topic. You have spun off on a tangent.

This discussion is about whether or not the upward movement in the average weight for women at 5'4" and 171 lbs is a good and positive thing.

You want to discuss 'whether BMI is a good measure' (we are not discussing that) and 'whether the group presenting the data is an advocacy group'. Even if they are it does not change that 5'4" and 171lbs is not healthy and not the right direction for things to be moving.

The FACT is that 5'4" and 171lbs as a new upward creeping average for women is horrid. Very bad. Terrible.

I congratulate you for tossing out the entire point to attempt to sound remotely correct.

BMI is not an indicator of being out of shape. "Overweight" is a meaningless term as it does not factor in muscle or body/fat ratio and it means even less when tossed in with a statistic used to push an agenda...the very idea of taking the weight of a group of people and averaging it out and then apply it to a population of 320,000,00+ people.

Talk about a topic meant to get the bottom feeders agreeing.
YOu are being silly.

Is it true that in the mass of the population of 320,000,000 people, as you say, half of which are women that some of the gals at 5'4" and 171lbs are jacked with muscle. Yes.

But we KNOW that the vast. vast, over whelming super majority, like 99% are out of shape and fat at that height and weight. That is who we are talking about and it is fine to talk about them and not worry about the few jacked, muscular 5'4", 171 lb women who may be lost in those stats.

BMI is far from perfect but it is applicable to most people. I would say that for at least 90% of people who have a BMI of 30 and above, it is because they are fat fucks, not muscle bound athletes. People who's body weights puts them in the obese category, but who are actually lean and muscular, are pretty rare. Even most guys who lift and carry a lot muscle are still only in the 25 to 30 range.

I am at 30. I am far from a “fat fuck” just stocky as hell. I have about ten pounds that i could lose, 15-20 would give me a six pack, but I like my ice cream a bit too much. My point is that the BMI was created for military and the standards then leaned towards leaner body types. Guys who lift and put on lots of muscle end up on the “obese” side of the BMI. I am 5’9” 210, but according to the BMI charts, i should be about 170, which i passed up sophomore year in college when i started lifting heavy.

My point is that BMI is not the best way to measure because of rhe surge of bodybuilding in the 80s. Men and women began to lift more during this period, putting on muscle, which made people heavier, but in a good way, not fat, but muscle, which throws off the accuracy of charts like the BMI.

Agreed that BMI has somewhat outlived its usefulness, but 200 lbs is still a lot of lbs. You got some muscle in that 210?

Yeah, it has shifted a bit once I hit late 30s, but I am still a fairly large individual.

We're actually bringing our theybe up gender-neutral. Hah just kidding, it's a boy. That's some wildly diverse ancestry going on there, both sides of mine are Northern European origin (mostly Norway). I have no idea how much Euro my bm has compared to native but she's pretty brown skinned and people don't believe it's her kid lol. The family is pretty ecstatic about him though.
Oh man had me for a second.
Cool man congratulations. She coukd be more white than it seems. Sometimes phenotypes work that way.
I'm way darker than my brothers. I look southern European while they look norther or western. I can get a Mexican like tan and they just get red and burn

5”9 , 169 ripped Manlet here beating national fatty average . But still under Sherdog average of 6”3, 230 jacked .

Who is that chick?

iu

We need common sense laws to protect our health. Nobody NEEDS fast food, refined sugar, empty calories, soft drinks, etc. I think the government should step in. Take a look at one of America's biggest killers: heart disease. I think we all can agree that our children's safety and future is at stake.

Do something before it's too late!
The government is incompetent. They should stay out of my cabinets and refrigerator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back