Social CDC: The average American man is 5'9 and 198 pounds; an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds

How the fuck is highlighting that the data was formulated by an anti obesity group NOT showing a biased group all after showing the way data is manipulated by those needing data to back an idea?!?

Do you idiots actually believe the BMI is a legit formula to determine a persons weight?!?

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439
"The person who dreamed up the BMI said explicitly that it could not and should not be used to indicate the level of fatness in an individual."

"Quetelet is also the person who came up with the idea of "the average man." That's a useful concept, but if you try to apply it to any one person, you come up with the absurdity of a person with 2.4 children. Averages measure entire populations and often don't apply to individuals."

According to the BMI, almost every single MMA fighter, is over-weight to OBESE.

Obese 5' 8" 190+ lbs
iu

Grossly Obese 6' 4" 260 lbs
iu

Bmi is okay with average person.

Athletes is a another deal

(I myself would prefer body fat % test)

"an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds"

No wonder there's so many chubby chasers out there who consider fatties "real women." They've become desensitized and acceptant to females with such obscene dimensions and lifestyles.

This is very accurate. Horny young guys adapt. You now see women celebrated as 'thick' who would have been considered close to obese some time ago. And while younger girls 15-20 can get away with it as nothing is hanging yet, as they age the lack of disciplines becomes a disaster.

BMI is fine for non athletes and people who dont work out seriously like above said.

Still not sure what other dude's point is. Pay gap misinformation leads to bad policies like exposing payrolls, pressure to overpay etc. There's no downside to slightly overestimate how obese people are. There's no negative policy to come from this that some lobbyists are pushing. Most people are obese don't exercise and don't eat well. These numbers don't appear that off from general observation

According to the BMI, almost every single MMA fighter, is over-weight to OBESE.

Obese 5' 8" 190+ lbs
iu

Grossly Obese 6' 4" 260 lbs
iu
I don't like BMI but to be fair you literally listed two dudes who use synthetic testosterone to aide in muscle weight/mass.

If you took a random 100 americans that where 5' 8" 190+ lbs and 6' 4" 260 lbs there would be maybe 2 or 3 tops that aren't significantly overweight. Being that weight and not being overweight is gonna be rare, you'd basically have to make it a priority in everyday life

True but its a start.
Not really. I usually ate a peanut butter crisp broke up into a large cup of chocolate soft serve all through school
Not fat
Played soccer and lost weight, had to eat more
Laying on your ass all day>one meal

I wouldnt pat myself on the back if I were you. I reply with that meme whenever someone in here exhibits an inability to moderate his use of "cuck".

It's usually lame af when people do, but for some reason the "out of his mind" part made me chuckle and Sano's my boy. Palis can be a brutal prick at times (as well as brilliantly hilarious, I.e. luckyshot), but he ain't no incel.

It does for me. I don't want to be fat, and even as a dad who has very little free time, I can rock out 100 pushups in one go. There aren't any pull up bars around me, so I use playground equipment, moneky bars or swing sets.
I don't mind a bit of fat, but anything more than a bit is gross and feels wrong to me.
When I was little I could do stuff and not be tired and fall to pieces. But I had a tough family, daily beatings and all. Being out of shape was a death sentence. Kids these days have no shame and no motivation to be in shape

That's pretty brutal, man. Just out of curiosity, what's the paternal / maternal break down for your white and hispanic sides? The mother of my child has parents that are first gen immigrants from Michoacán and the upbringing was really stringent. Being a dad is fucking awesome though. :D

II.jpg

III.jpg

I wouldnt pat myself on the back if I were you. I reply with that meme whenever someone in here exhibits an inability to moderate his use of "cuck".
I'm not sure how this changes anything. When have I ever given 2 shits what other people think let alone some lowly cuckold like yourself? You got a lot to learn young one and you should show more respect to a former President like myself.

Im 5' 9" and 173 lbs. Im considered fat with my 34 inch waist?

I recently moved to a small town in the Midwest. The number of obese people at the Christmas parade was jarring. I knew rural America was fat, but there weren't just a bunch of chubby people. There were crowds of obese, no-neck having manatees walking around.

That's pretty brutal, man. Just out of curiosity, what's the paternal / maternal break down for your white and hispanic sides? The mother of my child has parents that are first gen immigrants from Michoacán and the upbringing was really stringent. Being a dad is fucking awesome though. :D

II.jpg

III.jpg
Was my brother mostly. Dude was mean growing up. Had a sleepover parry once. He told us to be quiet. Me my brother and my neighbor were like yes sir. My other buddies were like wtf we can take him . No way, we'd have been murdered, by that I mean he'd beat us all up, even though he's only two years older. It made me tough though.

My mom is Mexican from California. Her dad's family settled LA. He originally was a mulatto and eventually the family become mostly Indian. Grandma is much whiter. My mom depending on who you ask can pass as white. Her sister doesn't. My dad is half Ukrainian and half Irish. It's interesting because he grew up crazy poor, and my mom was rich.
Yeah man being a dad is awesome. It's weird for us guys. The kids grow on us, for women it's been in their stomach for 9 months so they're already bonded. For dad's that bond starts at birth.
Is it a boy or a girl? I want to say boy, but what do I know.
My daughter looks Mexican, and my son looks eurasian. no one would mistake my daughter for half non Japanese

Well the government should do something about that but murrcans will this it is communism and cry.

198lb is actually the target weight I'm shooting for over the next 6 months, well 195 to be exact. I'm now at 216 coming from 230.

Shit, at 198lb, I'll be looking lean as fuck, like them high school days.

You have to be over 6ft and wide in the shoulders though. Otherwise, you be fat.

Was my brother mostly. Dude was mean growing up. Had a sleepover parry once. He told us to be quiet. Me my brother and my neighbor were like yes sir. My other buddies were like wtf we can take him . No way, we'd have been murdered, by that I mean he'd beat us all up, even though he's only two years older. It made me tough though.

My mom is Mexican from California. Her dad's family settled LA. He originally was a mulatto and eventually the family become mostly Indian. Grandma is much whiter. My mom depending on who you ask can pass as white. Her sister doesn't. My dad is half Ukrainian and half Irish. It's interesting because he grew up crazy poor, and my mom was rich.
Yeah man being a dad is awesome. It's weird for us guys. The kids grow on us, for women it's been in their stomach for 9 months so they're already bonded. For dad's that bond starts at birth.
Is it a boy or a girl? I want to say boy, but what do I know.
My daughter looks Mexican, and my son looks eurasian. no one would mistake my daughter for half non Japanese

We're actually bringing our theybe up gender-neutral. Hah just kidding, it's a boy. That's some wildly diverse ancestry going on there, both sides of mine are Northern European origin (mostly Norway). I have no idea how much Euro my bm has compared to native but she's pretty brown skinned and people don't believe it's her kid lol. The family is pretty ecstatic about him though.

We live in country where the average person consumes only processed foods, red meat and an adundance of Dairy on a daily basis.

It’s no surprise they’re all putting on the pounds.

Leave dairy alone, asshole. Many people eat an abundance of butter, cream, cheese and milk and live long lives without being obese. The entirety of my father's side of the family did and still does.

The processed food and sugar are what's doing it.

BMI is fucking stupid for anyone who works out

Yeah it's really not accurate. Half the people in this study could be jacked and will show up as obese. I had a coworker in the military who was a body builder and constantly got hassled for failing his BMI tests, even though anyone with eyes could see he was in phenomenal shape.

those 300lb hippos definitely fucking with the average woman's weight category

Back