Social CDC: The average American man is 5'9 and 198 pounds; an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
(Bloomberg) -- The average American is heavier than at the start of the 21st Century -- and very close to being obese, according to Centers for Disease Control data on body metrics.

The average American man is 5-feet, 9-inches tall and weighs 198 pounds; an average woman is 5-feet, 4-inches and 171 pounds, based on CDC data. That compares with 189.1 pounds and 163.6, respectively, at the start of the century.

A man of average height is considered overweight between 169 and 202 pounds and obese above 202 pounds. A woman of average height is considered overweight between 140 and 174 and obese above 175 pounds. The average non-Hispanic white American male weighs 202.2 pounds.

The Obesity Society, a scientific research organization, this month classified obesity as a worldwide, non-communicable chronic disease. “Obesity meets all criteria for being a disease, and therefore, should be characterized as such,“ said Cathy Kotz, the society’s vice president and a professor at the University of Minnesota.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/onwe...rican-is-borderline-obese-cdc-says#gs.Swj3vXA

--------------------
Very interesting, it means that an offseason Johnny Hendricks is very close to an average american
hendricks.jpg

We live in country where the average person consumes only processed foods, red meat and an adundance of Dairy on a daily basis.

It’s no surprise they’re all putting on the pounds.

We need common sense laws to protect our health. Nobody NEEDS fast food, refined sugar, empty calories, soft drinks, etc. I think the government should step in. Take a look at one of America's biggest killers: heart disease. I think we all can agree that our children's safety and future is at stake.

Do something before it's too late!

To a man who lifts a 171 pound woman is considered a spinner, bro.

Diet and the fact that a whole lot of inventions that made america more sedentary; seems like this was an obvious conclusion

Also, immigration keeping the US at manlet height status.

Kidding....kind of

I wonder how much the parents are to blame. It’s not uncommon to see parents giving their toddlers chips, cokes, candy,and chocolate as meals. Then they turn up their noses to any vegetable they come across as they get older. No wonder.

I'd like to see the 10% and 90%. I bet the US is the most extreme, most fit on one end and most disgusting on the other.

(Bloomberg) -- The average American is heavier than at the start of the 21st Century -- and very close to being obese, according to Centers for Disease Control data on body metrics.

The average American man is 5-feet, 9-inches tall and weighs 198 pounds; an average woman is 5-feet, 4-inches and 171 pounds, based on CDC data. That compares with 189.1 pounds and 163.6, respectively, at the start of the century.

A man of average height is considered overweight between 169 and 202 pounds and obese above 202 pounds. A woman of average height is considered overweight between 140 and 174 and obese above 175 pounds. The average non-Hispanic white American male weighs 202.2 pounds.

The Obesity Society, a scientific research organization, this month classified obesity as a worldwide, non-communicable chronic disease. “Obesity meets all criteria for being a disease, and therefore, should be characterized as such,“ said Cathy Kotz, the society’s vice president and a professor at the University of Minnesota.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/onwe...rican-is-borderline-obese-cdc-says#gs.Swj3vXA

--------------------
Very interesting, it means that an offseason Johnny Hendricks is very close to an average american
hendricks.jpg

That actually means nearly every fighter above light weight is over weight except while preparing for a fight

198? With a good cut, he's a welterweight. Are we calling welterweights fat? Since when was GSP fat?

Is this article calling GSP obese?

/twisted logic exercise.

I wonder how much the parents are to blame. It’s not uncommon to see parents giving their toddlers chips, cokes, candy,and chocolate as meals. Then they turn up their noses to any vegetable they come across as they get older. No wonder.

Growing up, there was maybe one or two legit fat kids in my class. Now, my kids are in school and there's a ton of fatties wobbling around.

When ppl talk about modernity and how technologically advanced we are I think of things like this. I think of how we still burn shit for fuel, and how we bury our trash as if removing it from our immediate presence is a solution. So many illusions.

Back