• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social CDC: The average American man is 5'9 and 198 pounds; an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds

Yup i def missed that one. Good looking out. Refined processed sugars and corn syrups are in so many food products it’s insane. Usually the first thing to cut when going on a diet is soda. That’s usually the #1 thing.

Don’t go too crazy with fruit but at least eat that during the week if you need something sweet. Save the sweets for the weekend.
Corn syrup is in everything.

I was buying peanut butter today, searching for something with just peanuts. JIF had a peanut butter where the 1st or 2nd ingredient was corn syrup and then sugar. If they can't make peanut butter without that stuff, no wonder Americans are getting fatter. It's crazy that I have to look through 6 different brands of peanut butter to find one that's just peanuts, lol.

I was buying peanut butter today, searching for something with just peanuts. JIF had a peanut butter where the 1st or 2nd ingredient was corn syrup and then sugar. If they can't make peanut butter without that stuff, no wonder Americans are getting fatter. It's crazy that I have to look through 6 different brands of peanut butter to find one that's just peanuts, lol.

Took you that long to find natural peanut butter? Its super common

We live in country where the average person consumes only processed foods, red meat and an adundance of Dairy on a daily basis.

It’s no surprise they’re all putting on the pounds.
There is the terrible diet, mixed with the total lack of exercise . When I lived in the US I'd Park my car at a shopping area once and walk my stuff to my car each time. See so many lazy people drive like 300ft.
Plus does anyone use stairs anymore? I see young people taming elevator up a single floor.

It''s really easy to make peanut butter you can just add regular sugar or sub with other natural sweeteners. A mixer is a nice add.

Growing up, there was maybe one or two legit fat kids in my class. Now, my kids are in school and there's a ton of fatties wobbling around.
Those kids would be like a little bit fat nowadays. Now so many kids are wobblers. Seems like most kids are fat and soft now. Kids gotta stay away from the witch from Hansel and grettle

I wonder how much the parents are to blame. It’s not uncommon to see parents giving their toddlers chips, cokes, candy,and chocolate as meals. Then they turn up their noses to any vegetable they come across as they get older. No wonder.

A lot.

Obesity is much slower to catch on in cultures that have some adherence to concepts of shame/honor.

In the West the maximization of life being a collective drive to fulfill your wants leads to an inability to cease wants.

The foods though (and abundance thereof, ironically) are part of the problem. The body is made to store fat, because 5 generations ago, famines and starving to death were a thing, and 15 generations ago a way of life.

Those kids would be like a little bit fat nowadays. Now so many kids are wobblers. Seems like most kids are fat and soft now. Kids gotta stay away from the witch from Hansel and grettle

Are children not getting the proper cultural influences anymore? This shit completely changed my life when I first saw it as a prepubescent youngster. I made my parents buy me the red polo Arnold was rocking lol. Just pure narcissistic vanity alone would be enough to keep me from ever turning into some disgusting fat cunt. I think visible abs (and I don't even mean like fitness model or anything) are a good threshold IMO. If you can't see them, you got a problem.

tenor.gif

Still Knocks.

What an excellent word. A+ word!

Also, a toxic combination of parents who do not know what discipline or wisdom mean and would have no idea where to look, a society that frowns upon such notions and is hostile to personal criticism, on a primitive level peers who now wobble together and shame each other over other, even stupider things, and on a more advanced level a circle back to "why shouldn't I be fat?" with a darker underlying, "why shouldn't I be or not be anything? we're all dying soon anyway..." whereupon the young are encouraged to flower early, to consume everything lest they become old and no longer enjoy the immediacy of all kinds of excess. Fascinating stuff.

Are children not getting the proper cultural influences anymore? This shit completely changed my life when I first saw it as a prepubescent youngster. I made my parents buy me the red polo Arnold was rocking lol. Just pure narcissistic vanity alone would be enough to keep me from ever turning into some disgusting fat cunt. I think visible abs (and I don't even mean like fitness model or anything) are a good threshold IMO. If you can't see them, you got a problem.

Very true, yet, If the cultural influence boils down to "be hot, or be not!" then the gruel is rather thin.

Replacing all the reasons for "doing what I want" underlies a deeper sense of dread in a lot of people. I am being hot or not for basic evolutionary (or primal, reproductive) want to expel or replicate my DNA.

Hmm. Why? The public at large can not quite figure out the deeper reasons for their malaise, but their brains do in an unsettling fashion.

The conscious or subconscious starts to question why, I would imagine that is multiplied as Americans fight the "untrendy" and in many cases eroded or "obsolete" place for the elderly. Once the inspiration and wisdom of society, now that the currents of popular culture and in many cases politics want to see disappear.

I live in SC, so the 171 thing ain’t exactly a shocker. Biscuits and gravy FTW.
5'4" and 170lbs. That's a pretty fat broad right there.
WTF lol wow. Looks like I got engaged at the perfect time.
5-feet, 4-inches and 171 pounds?

she is probably about as wide as she is tall.
171lbs is the average American woman? Holy shit... LOL
Bunch of fat asses in this country.
171 lbs woman isn’t small guys.
5'4 171 dat ass betta be phat

Female, 5 foot 4 (163cm), 171 lbs (78kg)

4gXkUjp.jpg

SEERZxj.jpg

Took you that long to find natural peanut butter? Its super common
It didn't take that long, they're all sitting right next to each other. My point is that there's 6 of them full of crap and only a few that are just peanuts. If you just picked peanut butter off the shelf, you're more likely to end up with junk than just peanuts.

It''s really easy to make peanut butter you can just add regular sugar or sub with other natural sweeteners. A mixer is a nice add.

That's pretty cool and also not for me. But I definitely appreciate the vid, might do it with my kid.

It didn't take that long, they're all sitting right next to each other. My point is that there's 6 of them full of crap and only a few that are just peanuts. If you just picked peanut butter off the shelf, you're more likely to end up with junk than just peanuts.

Crap; but delicious crap

WTF lol wow. Looks like I got engaged at the perfect time.
A 5'4" woman should be 120 lbs MAX
I can't believe all of you are glossing over the statement that the average American woman is 171 pounds ... ... ???

Are you shitting me? Am I reading that wrong?
5-4 171? Jesus Christ
5'4" and 170lbs. That's a pretty fat broad right there.
Fat bitches need lovin too.

Just not from me.
Bunch of fat asses in this country.
171 lbs woman isn’t small guys.
171lbs is the average American woman? Holy shit... LOL
5-feet, 4-inches and 171 pounds?

she is probably about as wide as she is tall.
5'4 171 lbs average for women? LOL

Glad I got a wife who works out every day doing dem squats and shit!

Wow Hawaii has a higher IQ than Cali?? Yikes...
I like how many people went hard on this one, completely glossing over the fact that the average man is just as fat and short too. A lot of projection going on in this thread.

I like how many people went hard on this one, completely glossing over the fact that the average man is just as fat and short too. A lot of projection going on in this thread.
mz7fl6lp79uz.jpg

Back