• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social CDC: The average American man is 5'9 and 198 pounds; an average woman is 5'4 and 171 pounds

r68g0.jpg

I like how many people went hard on this one, completely glossing over the fact that the average man is just as fat and short too. A lot of projection going on in this thread.
5'9" 200 is nowhere near as fat at 5'4" 170

That's pretty cool and also not for me. But I definitely appreciate the vid, might do it with my kid.
I used to love coming up with my own drink an food concoctions. I would do tons of things with orange / pineapple an banana base an add things like lemon juice or grapefruit a little to the mix way better then most.

I loved watching people spend a few hundred on a fancy mixer when I was doing most of that on a 35.00 mixer.

At first, I was struck by how much people are enjoying calling Americans fat. Then I remembered fat shaming is a good thing. It motivates people not to be fatties.

Very true, yet, If the cultural influence boils down to "be hot, or be not!" then the gruel is rather thin.

It's very harsh but in some subcultures, that is the first rule of the game. On a somewhat related note, the ads are better than the clothes and I'm sorry but...

A&F: Fat, Ugly People Shouldn’t Buy Our Clothes

"He doesn't want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people," Robin Lewis, analyst and co-author of The New Rules of Retail said in the interview . "He doesn't want his core customers to see people who aren't as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they're one of the 'cool kids.'"

The article also cited a 2006 interview that Mr. Jeffries did with Salon.com, in which he said that his business is marketing to "the cool kids," and that the brand is purposefully "exclusionary."

"That's why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don't market to anyone other than that," he said at the time. The company did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Friday.

{<jordan}

Was going to mock American women, but then looked it up and found out that the average South African woman (at 5'2" and 164lbs) is shorter and heavier than the average South African man.

black-women-heavier.jpg

Yeah. We got no room to talk.

Do a lot of Americans live on poor-man diets? In my experience, that's one of the leading reasons for disgusting obesity.

I live in the fat state of Mexico, only meth addicts are thin.

198lbs at 5'9" is pretty out of shape. Even if you have less than 7% body fat, you really dont need that much muscle. Most humans are not cornerback in the NFL. Most men should be under 170lbs at 5'9". Less weight is better for joints, and bones.
Agreed. Benson Henderson is 5"9 and carries more muscle mass than over 95% of people that at height and he still only weights 175

Corn syrup is in everything.

I was buying peanut butter today, searching for something with just peanuts. JIF had a peanut butter where the 1st or 2nd ingredient was corn syrup and then sugar. If they can't make peanut butter without that stuff, no wonder Americans are getting fatter. It's crazy that I have to look through 6 different brands of peanut butter to find one that's just peanuts, lol.

They even put it in certain kinds of pickles and relish. Bummer cause I like sweet pickles. I notice if you go to higher end supermarkets you’ll find less of it there

A 5'4" woman should be 120 lbs MAX
110 to 120lb at that height for just a regular woman is good.

For a more active female at that height (especially those that do weight resistance training) 125 to 135lbs looks incredible. Pretty much all of the strawweights in the UFC walk around in that range.

5'9" 200 is nowhere near as fat at 5'4" 170
Well, that depends on the person I'd say. An average height man is considered obese at 202+ but that obviously doesn't take into account someone with high muscle mass (roids not withstanding). What we're talking about here is the typical no muscle, short and fat dude. A women of average height is considered obese over 175+ so again, they are simular. I do think that is a bit generous to most women as they don't have as much leeway because they cannot gain the same amount of muscle mass. At the same time, they can carry more fat on their ass, thighs and breast. So if they are lucky genetically they can get away with more.

My girl is 5'2 and she's about 145lbs with a tiny waist and killer body.

I'm 6'2 200lbs and while I'm in good shape, I could stand to lose a few lbs.

Also, if we're going for the most unflattering pictures:
Male, 5 foot 9 (175cm), 196 lbs (89kg)

sPnYY.jpg

Q1Xo3.jpg

I do agree with you that a 5'4 girl is almost always fat no matter what, but there's a big difference in how someone looks. Sometimes they pull it off. Same with men.

I mean, this is 5'4 170lbs at the far left:
LA7CHWC.jpg

This is the same at the right:
195f0e64590faad4f37df63696c3d323.jpg

and this is on the right:
sLhbJ0N.jpg

and this one on the right:
ffeq1y2ck8jx.jpg

Last edited:
I like how many people went hard on this one, completely glossing over the fact that the average man is just as fat and short too. A lot of projection going on in this thread.
Loling good at you quoting people about "projecting" and then you "project" with your white-knight cucked out of his mind bullshit.

110 to 120lb at that height for just a regular woman is good.

For a more active female at that height (especially those that do weight resistance training) 125 to 135lbs looks incredible. Pretty much all of the strawweights in the UFC walk around in that range.
110-120lbs is very fucking thin dude. Borderline anorexic.

Loling good at you quoting people about "projecting" and then you "project" with your white-knight cucked out of his mind bullshit.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
Keep projecting your insecurities just because we made fun of the average American woman. Like, you have to be one of the lowest of the lows in the limpwristed leftist world to quote a bunch of us like that.

I can only imagine your retort asking for me to define "insecurities" for you.

I will say that the average American male physical specs are pretty pathetic as well. Life is too easy and people take that for granted. Not everyone wants to get up at 6 in the morning on a saturday and go run trails with a vest on or deadlift at 5pm on a monday like me. You're welcome for this perspective but do go on.

Keep projecting your insecurities just because we made fun of the average American woman. Like, you have to be one of the lowest of the lows in the limpwristed leftist world to quote a bunch of us like that.

I can only imagine your retort asking for me to define "insecurities" for you.

I will say that the average American male physical specs are pretty pathetic as well. Life is too easy and people take that for granted. Not everyone wants to get up at 6 in the morning on a saturday and go run trails with a vest on or deadlift at 5pm on a monday like me. You're welcome for this perspective but do go on.
I'm not even being facetious, I have no idea what projections you are talking about. This nonsense about "cuck" and all that is so pathetic to me. I was calling people out for only focusing on the women, because that's a typical deflection, and very predictable that women get the flak in here. I have no problem saying I have been a fat fuck myself before, and that those averages are fat on both sides.

That's a great build if you're 10% bf or less.

15% or less even. Most with that build don't look even as good as Hendricks in that first page picture.

Heaviest girl I've been with was 160, but she was 6'1" and an athlete. Hard to believe there are masses of people with BMIs so far beyond that.

I'm not even being facetious, I have no idea what projections you are talking about. This nonsense about "cuck" and all that is so pathetic to me. I was calling people out for only focusing on the women, because that's a typical deflection, and very predictable that women get the flak in here. I have no problem saying I have been a fat fuck myself before, and that those averages are fat on both sides.
What's pathetic to me is a dude white knighting fat women.

Back