Catch Wrestling United II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old coach Kamal has a new gym in Austin running catch wrestling classes along with judo, bjj, thai boxing and boxing. He's also been running some seminars on catch wrestling with his American Combat League https://www.americancombatassn.com/...ch-wrestling-seminar-january-29th-3-sessions- It seems like his new sics system is hybrid. One of the instructors I talked to from the new academy said it was like hook and pound wrestling with a catch wrestling base. Anybody in Texas interested in catch wrestling should come check out the new gym John Shaddock | Facebook

Scientific Wrestling discount codes for the following products, redeemable until Jan 15th

01-08-2011 - Happy 2011 from Scientific Wrestling, DISCOUNTS INSIDE!!

PUNISHING RIDES by Josh Barnett Enter code: JOSH1

Regular price: $47.95
Sale price: $37.95!!

KILLER CRADLES: Terminal Takedowns starring Wade Schalles
Enter code: USA
Regular price: $98.95
Sale price: $75.00!!

W.A.R. Catch Wrestling (3 Disc Billy Robinson Seminar)

Enter code: WAR
Regular price: $98.95
Sale price: $75.00!!

Sport of Catch Wrestling Conceptual Syllabus (Catch Wrestling basics with Billy Robinson)

Enter code: Billy
Regular price: $87.00
Sale price: $50.00!!

Igor the sambo guy used to own the gym where I train. He comes in sometimes and I could get his dvds straight from him. I might get the leglocks one.

Anyone know what the Conceptual Syllabus with Mr. Robinson covers? I can't seem to find any review or details.

Igor the sambo guy used to own the gym where I train. He comes in sometimes and I could get his dvds straight from him. I might get the leglocks one.

Igor Yakimov? I competed against one of his students one time; Dom O'Grady.

It was funny discovering that Dom had trained with Igor, because of course, Yakimov is one of my heroes.

Anyone know what the Conceptual Syllabus with Mr. Robinson covers? I can't seem to find any review or details.

I think it covers correct stance and footwork, pivoting, introductory throws and hand fighting (eg catch arm drags) basic takedowns and leg rides and a couple of subs.

I don't know how it compares to the Beginners syllabus from Kris Iatskevich though, probably very similar though Robinson knows so many little details that fine tune a move or concept it's hard to compare.

Honestly I wouldn't say DVDs are the best way to learn, it helps, but going out there to some kind of club would be the best way. They should definitely have local wrestling clubs out there.

Honestly I wouldn't say DVDs are the best way to learn, it helps, but going out there to some kind of club would be the best way. They should definitely have local wrestling clubs out there.

Oh yeah, it's just to supplement any training you currently do. Pick one or two techniques at a time and take it to the mat to drill, drill, drill.

Get Kri's DvD's insted. You get alot more , and its way detailed, and thorough, and he breaks everything down great. Throws, subs, takedowns, and defense's.

Billy Robinsons one cost way more, and u get much much much less Im sorry.

A great one is Fujiwara's Submission Master. Very positive influence on my game.

A great one is Fujiwara's Submission Master. Very positive influence on my game.

This.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent choice.

The 3 DVD's I recomend the most are

Yoshiaki Fujiwara Submission master.

Tony Cecchine Lost Art of Hooking.

Kris Iatskevich Competition Catch Wrestling (all volumes)

Also for takedowns, throws, tackles and such I allways recomend
Darrell Gholar 9-7-5's of wrestling. I am yet to find any material out there for takedowns as informative as his.

This.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent choice.

The 3 DVD's I recomend the most are

Yoshiaki Fujiwara Submission master.

Tony Cecchine Lost Art of Hooking.

Kris Iatskevich Competition Catch Wrestling (all volumes)

Also for takedowns, throws, tackles and such I allways recomend
Darrell Gholar 9-7-5's of wrestling. I am yet to find any material out there for takedowns as informative as his.

Nice choices there, not seen Kris's DVDs yet but heard good things about them.

Submission master + LAOH are brilliant.

Gotta mention Imanari's DVD...sliding leglocks = sexytime.

Any recommended videos for solid neck-cranks/attacking the spine from any position really? Except for Keza-gatame.

Have found all my top-positions changed in MMA compared to BJJ to a more Catch influenced style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back