Catch Wrestling United II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find Pancrase VHS/DVDs for sale? Also, what other tapes should I get similar to Pancrase.

I've been trying to find some places and it's a bit difficult. Ebay might be the best bet, I did find the first 3 Pancrase events on DVD through a wrestling site I'll see if I can find it. UK based though.

Because he trains under Akira Maeda, doing the Karl Gotch work-out, for one thing. In that way, Miyata is pretty old school.

Thanks. I was wondering who he trained grappling with.

Thanks. I was wondering who he trained grappling with.

Well, Akira Maeda isn't the only guy he trains grappling with or anything. It is weird though; DREAM seems to deliberately avoid catching Maeda on camera in Miyata's corner.

He also trains with Kawajiri, Ishida and Sakurai--i.e., the other famous Ibaraki wrestlers (they went to the same high school, though Kawajiri and Ishida are younger)--as well as Kitaoka, Rumina Sato and tons of others.

I would also assume since Miyata is trained by Biggest Boss Maeda, he grapples alot with Tokoro Hideo.

Miyata's story is actually very inspirational to say the least.

Quick question, would any of you guys (or girls) consider this (Getting Started in AUTHENTIC Catch-As-Catch-Can Submission Grappling! April 2nd and 3rd, 2011) worth the time or money? If so, could any find the address of this event (so I could plan buses, flight, hotel/motel, etc. ). All I can gather is that it is somewhere in Salt Lake City.

I've been interesting in trying catch wrestling, but there's no school I can find in Alberta that teaches it, the nearest one in Canada I could find is in Ontario.

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while.

So I've just launched a business geared at the catch wrestling crowd. Its called rounded out strength training and our focus is circular strength training like Indian clubs, maces and bulgarian bags. So far our only product is the Indian club, but I'll be posting videos shortly on how to make bulgarian bags and maces (as they're both less than $10 to make yourself and work just fine)

Here's the link: Home - Rounded Out Strength Training
and my business email is: [email protected] feedback on the site would be appreciated as I have 0 web design experience so the site itself (while fully functional) is a work in progress.

What else would you guys like to see on the site? I was considering trying to get things like interviews and the like up there, maybe get some bigger names to show some quick techniques and demos and the like. I'm working on getting a short tutorial together on how to use them as well.

Let me know what you think!

If I had the money I'd spend as much time learning from Billy Robinson as possible. I'm going to contact one of the assistant coaches who travels from California to get the skinny on what he does since he seems to be at every one. I think he drives over but I'll ask about where he stays. I think last time it was at a place called 23rd Street Gym but don't quote me on that.

If BJJ guys had the chance to train with the late Carlson Gracie in a bootcamp that could be anywhere from 6-9 hours per day over a weekend I can bet you the majority would jump at the chance and travel a great distance. That's how I see it with Billy Robinson.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update everyone. I got my greenbelt in SAW under Mike Martelle this summer and with work and whatnot have been having trouble keeping a regular group going down here lately. But looks like we'll be picking up fairly shortly here.

On another note, I just launched my website Home - Rounded Out Strength Training Which focuses on circular motion strength training like Indian clubs and Maces. So far my only product is the clubs, but I'll be posting tutorials on how to make your own mace and bulgarian bag within the next few weeks (basically as soon as I can get my hands on a decent camera and mic)

When you get a second check out the site and let me know what you think. Best way to get a hold of me for things related to the site is [email protected]

Happy wrasslin'!

Quick question, would any of you guys (or girls) consider this (Getting Started in AUTHENTIC Catch-As-Catch-Can Submission Grappling! April 2nd and 3rd, 2011) worth the time or money? If so, could any find the address of this event (so I could plan buses, flight, hotel/motel, etc. ). All I can gather is that it is somewhere in Salt Lake City.

I've been interesting in trying catch wrestling, but there's no school I can find in Alberta that teaches it, the nearest one in Canada I could find is in Ontario.

900 CLAMS FOR 2 DAYS OF TRAINING ! ! ! ! ! !

Im sorry, but I dont need to pay 900 bucks for sombody to tell me if Im a Catch Wrestler or not. Thats riddiculous.

No one should go for "somebody to tell you you're a catch wrestler". If I had the money, I'd seriously think about moving to Little Rock and learn as much as I could from Robinson. He's like one of the last links to lancashire catch wrestling.

Scientific wrestling is a gip, everything is so overpriced it's pretty much guaranteed to hinder the developpement of catch wrestling.

Where is the best place to learn/practice catch wrestling then? If I'm going to have to travel over 3000 km just get to the nearest canadian one, any where in the world would be acceptable... well anywhere in the world which has english instruction.

Is Quebec really that far away from you? That's where Catch Wrestling Canada is based, in Montreal and Joliet.

Is Quebec really that far away from you? That's where Catch Wrestling Canada is based, in Montreal and Joliet.

It's on the other side of the country, google maps gave over 3000 km per driving route route.

Taking the Trans-Canada Hwy it would be 3,638 km and what take 1 day and 22 hours to drive there. And I doubt that includes driving conditions. If I drove 12 hours a day it would still take more than three days to get there.

And since I don't drive, I'm not going to pretend the bus, train or plane I'll need to get me there isn't going to set me back a couple hundred bucks. Plus hotel/motel, food, etc.

Mike Martelle is in Kingston Ontario at grizzly gym. He's the national rep for SAW. He gave Kris his blackbelt in SAW as well though that was more of an honourary thing from what I've gathered.

Jason Chinnick is out that way as well, he was the BC regional rep for SAW.

Nothing in Edmonton that i'm aware of though. There is some out here in Victoria BC, which is less of a drive. There's also a gym in Vancouver

Only place would be fake catch wrestling at Lance Storm's place haha. Otherwise I can't help you, and can only say weigh things up and see what you feel like is the best option for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back