Law Cashless Society: Should Retail Stores & Restaurants be Allowed to Refuse Cash as a Legal Tender?

What’s going to happen when either power or communications go out?
No more sales and everyone that relies on plastic is temporarily broke until the problems are fixed.

Most places wont sell you things when the power is out anyways. Cash registers tend to be electronic.

How poor are you, j-roc?
images

Man in my country they want to make you use as little cash as possible because that way its harder to dodge taxes.

As much as I hate people using physical cash, it would be pretty bad if places didn’t accept it. I use my card for everything outside of $20 each month. I would think most people are like that now.

I hate paying for things with cash. Counting the change the cashier gave me and then stuffing the bills into my wallet and putting coins into my pocket is less convenient than putting my credit card back into my wallet.

...Ok? Does that personal preference means you are in support of businesses to actually REFUSING to accept cash as a legal tender from other customers who actually wants to use it or not?

...Ok? Does that personal preference means you are in support of businesses to actually REFUSING to accept cash as a legal tender from other customers who actually wants to use it or not?

No. People should be free to use cash.

I'm assuming cashless businesses do not have cash registers?

What’s going to happen when either power or communications go out?
No more sales and everyone that relies on plastic is temporarily broke until the problems are fixed.

When was the last time you saw an analog cash register!?

So...

Rural Florida it is. Yeah, we don't accept 'possum skins and meth here as payment like Ya'll do...

Alot more north east than Florida. And course not, pennies and your cousins are Georgia currency of choice.

Why in the BLUE FUDGE would you not accept cash??!?!?

{<huh}
Only thing I can think of is less theft?

but by the same standards you would do less business not accepting cash, so who knows.

Should you be "allowed" to pay with legal, government-issued money?

MrBeast says yes.

Seems fake. They'd at least have you roll them up in coin rolls.

Back