Carlos Condit underdog

Rory improved a lot since the last time they fought, but people are forgetting Carlos improved a lot too. Rory wasn't able to finish a gassed out BJ Penn, he is not finishing Condit either. Condit via UD

Rory is getting the benefit of his recent win. I like condit in this one.

just like he was the underdog the first fight, although there's very different circumstances here.

condit's a live dog here... but you have to think rory takes it.

Rory has the hype because he's the young phenom. This is going to be a tough fight for both guys.

Rory looked like a world-beater out there, but against an undersized opponent. He's skills looked extremely sharp nevertheless. Still, after Condit vs McDonald I, who has improved more? I'd have to go with Rory.

Definitely cannot count Carlos out and I hope he puts a stamp on Rory's face with a win, but I think his 'dog status is justified.

Rory's been facing sub par competition compared to Carlos since they fought. Of course he's going to look like he improved more.

Money to be made on Carlos.

Money on Carlos. Rory's looked good against very low level competition. Carlos is legit top 3.

I agree with the posters comparing level of competition. How good of a measuring stick is BJ Penn at 170 these days? Probably not a walk over by any means but in my opinion,(and most would be hard pushed to disagree)Carlos has faced tougher opponents, particularly as of late. The more I think about it the more I like Condit as a value bet. Tough fight to call though definitely, if Rory can get by Carlos I dont think anyone can deny his legitimatcy.

Last edited:
Rory's been facing sub par competition compared to Carlos since they fought. Of course he's going to look like he improved more.

Money to be made on Carlos.
Very arguable... although Pyle is underrated.

I think Carlos actually takes this re: poise and solid mental game. I'm going to put money on him.

Rory may win by three rounds of takedowns and LnP instead of two like last time.

In a 5 rounder I'd say there is value in Carlos. I think this fight will look a lot like rounds 1 and 2 of the previous fight without Rory fading in the third. It will be competitive, but I think it will be a clear win for Rory. I'd have bet Rory at the -120 opener for sure, but not too pumped on the -160 line.

Back