Carlos Condit underdog

I have Condit winning. He's more experienced and more skilled technically. Rory is a beast but he should have waited a while before asking for this rematch.

I think he should have gone for Ellenberger or Kampmann first. Test to see if he can even hang in the top 10. Condit is a legit top 3 guy.

MMA needs either more rounds, or a new scoring system.

And no matter the day of the week, Condit beats Rory in the Cesar Gracie Scenario (dark alley, no rules, no time limit).

lmao@ Cesar Gracie scenario. Is that the legitimate title for that rule set? I assume it comes from Diaz' dont lose they just run out of time etc arguments? I'm keeping that.
Oh and I agree, Cesar Gracie scenario: Condit puts Rory away

When's the last time Carlos subbed anyone? I don't think that's gonna happen, though I'd love to see it.

It's definitely not going to be a sub. But what I see happening is Rory coming out with an awesome wrestling based gameplan and having a hell of a grappling battle with Carlos for the better part of two rounds, though I see Condit making a few sweeps and getting up to land shots on Rory. As the fight gets later, Rory gets a little sloppy and emotional, trying to land shots on Condit while getting caught and possibly TKO'd. I think it's going to be a really close fight, but Condit gets stronger as the fight goes on at that pace, whereas Rory won't. Condit by late TKO, again.

lmao@ Cesar Gracie scenario. Is that the legitimate title for that rule set? I assume it comes from Diaz' dont lose they just run out of time etc arguments? I'm keeping that.
Oh and I agree, Cesar Gracie scenario: Condit puts Rory away

It was a joke, haha.

Cesar Gracie said a few times after Condit/Diaz that "if they both walked into a dark alley, we all know who would walk out."

Against Rory Macdonald for UFC 158
source http://www.5thround.com/134241/ufc-158-georges-st-pierre-vs-nick-diaz-betting-odds/

Sound about right sherdoggers? Any value on Carlos here?
I'd take him in a 5 rounder over Rory but with it being the co-main it seems likely Rory can get a decision over Condit.

Wait, so because in their last fight Carlos came out on top in the end, the exact same thing is going to happen again?

Rory is better now, IMO Carlos is not improving as fast as Rory is at this point, still going to be a great fight.

Condit has way better cardio, is great from the bottom, nearly impossible to finish. I like Rory's chances better than last time they fought, but this fight could go the same way with Rory fading in the third round and Condit getting the finish.

I'll be putting all of my vCash on Condit when the time comes.

I've been tired of rematches, but this one really makes sense.

Rory was robbed in their first match, so odds look right.

He wasn't robbed. A robbery is when the judges give the poorer fighter that evening the decision. If the fight had gone to the scorecards and Condit had won 30-27, that would be a robbery.

He got knocked out with seconds left to go.

I think Condit wins this one. He's shown great confidence in his hands and movement. If there's one element of Condit's game that's improved the most since he and Rory last fought, it's here, and it's a huge advantage for Condit. He's extremely difficult to put into a poor position against the cage.

Rory's wrestling hasn't been tested against good welterweights, and he's relied too much on the size and strength advantage he's had over his opponents to do work and win rounds. He's shown he can grapple and clinch with opponents who stand directly in front of him, but not a guy who attacks at angles the way Condit does. Rory will get tagged by something he doesn't see coming, but I don't think it will take 3 rounds to make it happen.

Condit should be considered the favourite, since he just fought the champion and aquitted himself well. By making Rory the favourite, they are saying that he is the # 2 WW. Which means that he should fight GSP next if he beats Condit. I'm sure Dana would love that.

I think the fight will be good but Rory will get a decision.

I think that's ridiculous. I really cannot fathom Rory winning this fight but apparently a lot of you do. I guess I'll stay at home for this one, I've got Condit.

He was robbed when he looked and acted like he got hit by a car after that mauling in the third....

I will stick with my man Condit, despite the odss. I just like the guy.

More like Condit was almost robbed by the ten-point must system. Rory got his ass kicked.

One could argue that if Rory had survived a little longer and had gone to judges that the last round would of been a 10-8 making it a draw. REgardless Condit fucked him up

in vegas, id pick condit,

in canada after seeing how nervous he was against gsp, idk

Rory wasn't able to finish a gassed out BJ Penn, he is not finishing Condit either. Condit via UD

That's absurd. Not only is BJ very hard to finish, Rory was also very weary of getting countered and refused to get reckless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back