Carlos Condit underdog

All the pressure and hype will be on Rory again...UFC will focus on him in the build-up shows, betting favourite, etc... destined to go tits up for him against a guy like Carlos who feeds off being the underdog...wouldnt be surprised if Condit hits a silly number by fight time +150 to +180 range like he did against Diaz.

Rory improved a lot since the last time they fought, but people are forgetting Carlos improved a lot too. Rory wasn't able to finish a gassed out BJ Penn, he is not finishing Condit either. Condit via UD

agreed. McDonald is tough though. I think Rory should be a VERY minor dog.

Rory's been facing sub par competition compared to Carlos since they fought. Of course he's going to look like he improved more.

Money to be made on Carlos.

This ...
... no offense to BJ Penn but he is a LW.

Rory has been beating up guys that aren't in the same league that Carlos has and the biggest name Rory beat was a LW who Rory looked to be two weight classes bigger than and could not finish him.

If you are a betting man, do it now. I have a feeling that it won't take that long before enough people realize that Condit as the underdog is a great bet, and the line changes

I've never seen Rory fight boring.

When he shoots for a takedown because Condit is putting on too much pressure on the feet, and gets on top, but is unable to control Condit and strike from the top, it'll be a lay fest.

Boy carlos is going to go from undefeated in last 13 to 2 consecutive losses to GSP and Rory.

Makes you think though,Carlos is a true fighter.He knows it would be better for his career if he takes an easier fight and builds back up but Roary says lets do it and Carlos says Cmon.

condit won the 1st fight but barely...semi controversial stoppage...rory has looked beast ever since...condit is live but my money is on rory...think he takes this one...

Money on Carlos all day everyday in this fight...

Makes you think though,Carlos is a true fighter.He knows it would be better for his career if he takes an easier fight and builds back up but Roary says lets do it and Carlos says Cmon.

Carlos never wanted an easy fight.

He wants to get in there, prove he belongs in the top tier, destroy some guys, and get his rematch.

You'll never hear Condit say some shit like Rory did. "I don't care how good my competition is, I just want to stack bodies" or whatever the fuck he said. Sounded way too content to be fighting mediocre competition. He gained some respect calling out Condit, but he's going to respect good competition even better once he's done getting broken again.

condit won the 1st fight but barely...semi controversial stoppage...rory has looked beast ever since...condit is live but my money is on rory...think he takes this one...
Barely according to the ten-point must system. If you look at it as a fight, Condit was the clear victor.

Barely according to the ten-point must system. If you look at it as a fight, Condit was the clear victor.

MMA needs either more rounds, or a new scoring system.

And no matter the day of the week, Condit beats Rory in the Cesar Gracie Scenario (dark alley, no rules, no time limit).

One of the most even high-profile fight for quite some time I think, really looking forward to this one even more than GSP-Diaz which has a much more obvious winner.

Carlos never wanted an easy fight.

He wants to get in there, prove he belongs in the top tier, destroy some guys, and get his rematch.

You'll never hear Condit say some shit like Rory did. "I don't care how good my competition is, I just want to stack bodies" or whatever the fuck he said. Sounded way too content to be fighting mediocre competition. He gained some respect calling out Condit, but he's going to respect good competition even better once he's done getting broken again.

To be fair I don't think that quote means he doesn't care if his opposition is weak, it's more like he doesn't care either way.

Strange as it sounds, I think Rory wins the decision here. Odds sound right to me. In 5 rds, condit finishes rory though.

I have Condit winning. He's more experienced and more skilled technically. Rory is a beast but he should have waited a while before asking for this rematch.

Back