Carlos Condit underdog

Rory may win by three rounds of takedowns and LnP instead of two like last time.

Only reason I won't put money on the fight.

If this were a five rounder, I'd drop a grand on Condit easily. Rory is thanking the Gods that it's another three rounder right now.

In a 5 rounder I'd say there is value in Carlos. I think this fight will look a lot like rounds 1 and 2 of the previous fight without Rory fading in the third. It will be competitive, but I think it will be a clear win for Rory. I'd have bet Rory at the -120 opener for sure, but not too pumped on the -160 line.
The only question is how much Carlos improved his wrestling for the GSP fight and the fact that he knows Rory will go for the takedown. That may change the outlook of this fight compared to their previous encounter.

Only reason I won't put money on the fight.

If this were a five rounder, I'd drop a grand on Condit easily. Rory is thanking the Gods that it's another three rounder right now.

Pretty much this. I would take Carlos in a 5 rounder all day, whereas Rory has the tools to survive and outscore Carlos in 3.

Rory improved a lot since the last time they fought, but people are forgetting Carlos improved a lot too. Rory wasn't able to finish a gassed out BJ Penn, he is not finishing Condit either. Condit via UD

Yeah, I'm seeing this one go the way of the "Natural Born Killer" too. Rory is good, but he is going to walk into a wall with Condit, who, if St. Pierre retired today, would be the WW champ for the coming years.

The only question is how much Carlos improved his wrestling for the GSP fight and the fact that he knows Rory will go for the takedown. That may change the outlook of this fight compared to their last encounter.

Carlos' wrestling looked better than ever in the GSP fight.

I know how that sounds, considering how the fight went. That said, how many people have you seen hit a switch on GSP? Condit's wrestling is on the upswing, and that means bad news for Rory.

Pretty much this. I would take Carlos in a 5 rounder all day, whereas Rory has the tools to survive and outscore Carlos in 3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still picking Condit. I'm picking him to finish within 2 rounds.

If Rory wins, it will be boring.

Condit via TKO for me. If he nearly did GSP, I'm backing him to finish Rory. Condit has improved a lot since they last fought too, and the first fight wasn't nearly as one sided as some people seem to remember in those first 2 rounds.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still picking Condit. I'm picking him to finish within 2 rounds.

If Rory wins, it will be boring.

That's fair enough, I might play Carlos in a couple of parlays with this line whereas if it was a 5 rounder I would be more inclined to bet him heavier in a straight bet.

The only question is how much Carlos improved his wrestling for the GSP fight and the fact that he knows Rory will go for the takedown. That may change the outlook of this fight compared to their previous encounter.

I was actually thinking about this fight in the shower this morning (no homo). I think it would actually be smart for Condit to go for the takedown on Rory. I'm not entirely convinced Round 3 was just due to Rory gassing. I really think Condit's pressure and GnP from the top > Rory from bottom.

I don't know why but I can't see Condit winning the rematch.

I'm not biased because I'm not a fan of any of them, but if I have to I'd bet the house on Rory.

I was actually thinking about this fight in the shower this morning (no homo). I think it would actually be smart for Condit to go for the takedown on Rory. I'm not entirely convinced Round 3 was just due to Rory gassing. I really think Condit's pressure and GnP from the top > Rory from bottom.

Well, Rory didn't gas. He got hit by a right hand to the temple early in the third [4:23 on the clock] if I remember, and it was downhill from there.

But yeah, I think if Condit can get on top early, he'll wear Rory down and finish him.

Last edited:
Carlos should be the favorite. Money to be made here.

Rory is an awesome up and comer who is improving but just like Fitch beat back Eric, I think you will see Condit show the world Rory is just not at that level yet.

I think this could be a very close fight, but would give a slight edge to Rory.

Carlos' wrestling looked better than ever in the GSP fight.

I know how that sounds, considering how the fight went. That said, how many people have you seen hit a switch on GSP? Condit's wrestling is on the upswing, and that means bad news for Rory.

That's a great point. You can count on one hand the times he's been swept, and I don't remember anyone ever successfully sitting out against GSP. Does anyone remember specific cases and who it was?

Well, Rory didn't gas. He got hit by a right hand to the temple early in the third [4:23 on the clock] if I remember, and it was downhill from there.

But yeah, I think if Condit can get on top early, he'll wear Rory down and finish him.
This. Rory didn't gas. He was pressuring Condit before he got cracked with a right and went to shit.

Back