Can't we that GSP is the best MMA fighter of all time ?

Fedor, but GSP is top 5.

It's really hard, 2-5. Jones, Aldo, GSP, Anderson.

Or would it be blasphemus?

I mean come on, the guy kept his belt for 6 years, avenged all his losses, beat the toughest competition EVER faced by a champion...

I doubt anyone has ever done that.

Anderson is the best to watch and Fedor has that aura

It is utter crap.

GSP is the WW GOAT. Period.

THE GOAT is the HW GOAT. Which is Fedor. Period.

Not even close

Overrated division - Serra, Hardy, Koscheck, Alves, Fitch, and Diaz

Inability to finish

Safest champion in MMA history

Weakest highlight reel in championship history

Ran away from a rematch with his biggest challenge

Retired off of a controversial win that he was gifted

P4P he is definitely in the discussion. If someone wants to say GSP is the GOAT P4P I can't hate on that opinion.

P4P he is definitely in the discussion. If someone wants to say GSP is the GOAT P4P I can't hate on that opinion.

Then write the damn word P4P. So that I don't have to go crazy.

Even looking in the fairy tale P4P view Fedor is superior.

Fedor on average faced significantly bigger opponents.

Imagine BJ Penn reigning the MW division (at least) for 7 years and 3 months.

I mean come on, the guy kept his belt for 6 years, avenged all his losses, beat the toughest competition EVER faced by a champion...

I disagree with that, he beat a lot of guys who were highly ranked at the time but in terms of technical skill I think WW generally was somewhat overrated during his reign being mostly focused on wrestling due to lack of investment from Japan.

Fitch was the #2 guy for years but what is his skill set? passable striking and sub defence and good but not the very best wrestling, that would not have gotten him such a position at LW, LHW or HW.

You look at the way guys like Lawler, Lombard, Maia and Palhares moved from good but not dominant MW carees(when MW wasn't considered that strong) to cutting though big names at WW lik a hot knife though butter and I think it tells you a lot. Many guys at WW had gone there entire careers without ever facing good sub games or good striking with takedown defence.

Last edited:
GSP is below quite a few greats, not even close to #1. Silva, Fedor, Jones, Hendo are above him. In a few years he probably won't even be in the top 5 anymore.

That's one of the dumbest posts here.

Silva who has like 6-7 losses is the 1st, but GSP who has avenged by stoppage his only 2 losses isn't even top 5.

LOL. Sherdog.

I think it was the part where you say "come on" that finally convinced me.

so we shouldn't that Jose Aldo is the best MMA fighter of all time anymore.

gotcha.

No.. she just has no other way to keep her name relevant

GSP is the greatest in my mind.

I've got him in 3rd place behind Fedor and Andy. Jones may surpass of all them though

Sherk, Penn, and Serra are all natural lightweights. If you count those you should count Jones' wins.

It's different, because they are 'natural lightweights' who were ranked as WWs. Penn was top 3, and was the former WW champion, defeating Hughes. Sherk and Serra were also ranked. I suspect one could claim Sonnen was ranked because of the Shogun fight, so he could be given that, but certainly Belfort wasn't.

He was never a favorite of mine, but i would say yes. As far as skillset and general physical condition, GSP was the best ever.

I'd say Jones is probably the best as much as I dislike the guy. He's been fully tested in my opinion.

I'd put GSP at #2. P4P he would be tough for anyone. The Serra loss and lack of finishes after that definitely hurt his status a bit. But the guy was pure dominance and professionalism after the Serra loss.

Silva and Fedor are at #3 and #4 in no particular order. Fedor didn't have the strength of competition and losing three in a row in Strikeforce, especially to Hendo, just kills his argument. Favorite fighter to watch and best are two totally separate things and Fedor fans confuse them.

Silva was amazing but untested in some ways. I would have loved to see Silva vs. GSP at catchweight. It would have answered the questions about his handling of well rounded fighters with top notch grappling. Sonnen definitely raised some eyebrows. It's too bad he never fought someone like Weidman during his younger years.

1) GSP
2) Jones
3) Fedor
4) Aldo
5) Silva

The steroids business really took a toll on Silva imo.

Back