Can't we that GSP is the best MMA fighter of all time ?

No. GSP was a great fighter, but only ranked second, first place considering all aspects is certainly Fedor. Fedor is the perfect mix of talent, power, technique and show. A example of a sporstman must be not as Jones and Anderson Silva.

I think he is the most professional MMA fighter and the best athlete.

But his fear of committing and trying to end fights, even against weak competition diminish his accomplishments IMHO.

I have Fedor, Silva, JJ ... and Aldo above him.
They all stayed for almost as long, were as dominant but actually finished their fights whenever possible.

I won't claim you are wrong though. to each their own.
We all see pluses and minuses differently. SOmething that might matter to you might not matter to me.

No. GSP was a great fighter, but only ranked second, first place considering all aspects is certainly Fedor. Fedor is the perfect mix of talent, power, technique and show. A example of a sporstman must be not as Jones and Anderson Silva.

Sportsmanship is irrelevant, it's about who's the best performer. I think Fedor or Jon Jones are the overall best. Silva fans are mostly the ones complaining of Fedor freak fights in Japan whilst Anderson has a record padded with VERY favorable match-ups... And unlike Fedor who allowed Nog to play his game, Anderson just danced around his BJJ no-hoper opponents. Showboating made the victories seem more spectacular than reality.

Jon Jones is incredible actually but has seemed beatable, especially against guys who are more his own size (Gus for example).

GSP is a karate striker who became one of the best wrestlers in the division. THIS IS UNHEARD OF. His talent is undeniable and impressive I think all around he is better than Anderson Silva at least and I think he is more likely to be clean than JBJ. He lost to Hendricks but it's hard to say why, maybe he just wasn't in it mentally.

Hughes was better and more dominate at WW, the only difference is he didn't retire at 32yo.

If Hughes would have retired at the same age GSP did, he would have ended his career at the top after being the first man to stop a prime BJ Penn.

Hughes didn't lose his title until he was 36, which is 4 years older than GSP was when he retired for good.

I say that as a huge GSP fan and someone who can't stand Hughes.

Hughes was not 36 when he lost to GSP the first time. He had just turned 33.
To say Hughes was more dominant is simply wrong.

Jon Jones is clearly the greatest

He did everything better than GSP, he was younger and more dominate. GSP ended his career making excuses and whining on the real.

With that said Jones probably hasn't even hit a real prime because he was too busy partying and in the strip clubs.

Jones: Bonnar, Vera, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Evans, Gustaffson, Teixeira, Cormier.

That's 10 wins against ranked competition. He had 8 title defenses, two against MWs in Sonnen and Belfort, which shouldn't have happened.

GSP: Spratt, Karo, Trigg, Mayhem, Sherk, Hughes x 2, Penn x 2, Condit, Fitch, Alves, Hendricks, Diaz, Shields, Koscheck x 2, Serra, Hardy.

That's 19 wins against ranked competition. 10 Title defenses, all against top ranked competition in his weight class.

I think GSPs accomplishments overall are noticably higher than Jones', or anyone else's for that matter. He's beat almost twice as many ranked fighters in his division. He's just beat more top competition.

Not if he were to get yellow cards for stalling. Also a ring is not as good for wrestling based styles.

And you don't think that GSP would adapt his style to whatever would be the most effective under the given rule set? If it were Pride Rules he would still get the reactive TDs. Its not as if he was Randy Couture using the cage to get Greco style TDs from the clinch against the cage. Knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent would have lead to him finishing a lot more of his opponents.

I would put GSP ahead of Jones based on Jones being a dirty fighter and leaving the sport for now but if Jones comes back to reclaim his throne but is held to account when he extends his fingers into the face of his opponent then I will give it to him. Fedor and Silva come in 3rd and 4th in whatever order but you are free to re order those 4 in any way you wish.

Not a chance in hell GSP is the greatest.

Not a chance.

GSP is top 5 for sure, but I'd put a few people ahead of him.

Nobody has a better record. Yes, there is "a chance".

Numbers lie and so do judges.

There is more to being the greatest than just what your record says about you.

There is what's on paper and there is what REALLY transpired.

What 'really' transpired is he beat everyone he ever faced.

Numbers lie and so do judges.

There is more to being the greatest than just what your record says about you.

There is what's on paper and there is what REALLY transpired.

Uhm... sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back