Can't we that GSP is the best MMA fighter of all time ?

You could make an argument for it, but I don't consider GSP GOAT. Got finished twice while still in his 20's, didn't finish an opponent since '07, and won a few controversial decisions. A great fighter and ambassador to the sport, nonetheless. And since Andy got popped for juicing, I'd put GSP at 2 all time, behind Fedor of course. Jones and Aldo are the GOAT's of their divisions, but not really in the discussion atm imo.

Jones: Bonnar, Vera, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Evans, Gustaffson, Teixeira, Cormier.

That's 10 wins against ranked competition. He had 8 title defenses, two against MWs in Sonnen and Belfort, which shouldn't have happened.

GSP: Spratt, Karo, Trigg, Mayhem, Sherk, Hughes x 2, Penn x 2, Condit, Fitch, Alves, Hendricks, Diaz, Shields, Koscheck x 2, Serra, Hardy.

That's 19 wins against ranked competition. 10 Title defenses, all against top ranked competition in his weight class.

I think GSPs accomplishments overall are noticably higher than Jones', or anyone else's for that matter. He's beat almost twice as many ranked fighters in his division. He's just beat more top competition.

Sherk, Penn, and Serra are all natural lightweights. If you count those you should count Jones' wins.

A GOAT would never run away from the sport after having gotten his ass kicked and gifted a decision by corrupt judging.

Edit: and in his alleged "prime" on top of everything.

A GOAT would never run away from the sport after having gotten his ass kicked and gifted a decision by corrupt judging.

Edit: and in his alleged "prime" on top of everything.

What does retiring have to do with ones accomplishments?
I believe you are grasping at anything to discredit GSP.

Arguments have been made, and will be continue to be made for any of the following 4 fighters:

Jones, GSP, A. Silva, Fedor

Most people agree they are 1 through 4 as of 2015, but there's no consensus on the order now and there won't be anytime soon.

Jon Jones is the GOAT. Too bad he is an idiot.

Arguments have been made, and will be continue to be made for any of the following 4 fighters:

Jones, GSP, A. Silva, Fedor

Most people agree they are 1 through 4 as of 2015, but there's no consensus on the order now and there won't be anytime soon.

I used to agree, but have replaced Silva with Aldo. His career is tainted in my opinion. I do realize not everyone has the same stance on Steroids.

can't we all agree to proofread our post titles before posting so that it is somewhat clear what the topic being discussed is?

agreed, i think he is the only one that can claim he beat every fighter he faced - technically, jones can't do that and he was busted for coke.

Why can't Jones say that? When he's literally beat everyone he's ever faced?

And you don't think that GSP would adapt his style to whatever would be the most effective under the given rule set? If it were Pride Rules he would still get the reactive TDs. Its not as if he was Randy Couture using the cage to get Greco style TDs from the clinch against the cage. Knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent would have lead to him finishing a lot more of his opponents.

^Yes. And as for the knees to the head, see his fight with Thomas Denny back in the day, then think about how often he got side control in the UFC. concussions 4 everyone

can't we all agree to proofread our post titles before posting so that it is somewhat clear what the topic being discussed is?

welcome to the Internet, where not everyone speaks English fluently.
If by reading the title and his post you can't grasp what he wanted to say, the issue is with you...:redface:

Jesus Christ, if losing early in your career makes you ineligible to be known as the GOAT, then why is losing later in your career as damaging, especially when one of those losses is to a fighter that was handled easily by Anderson.

Anderson is the only fighter to beat top ranked fighters in three weight classes, finished Hendo (who beat Fedor), finished Franklin x2, finished former LHW champion Griffin, defeated Mach Sakurai when he was arguably #1 P4P, KO'd Vitor, TKO'd Okami, beat Sonnen twice (who beat Shogun), Carlos Newton, Demian Maia, and several other elite fighters.

Anderson has a case for the GOAT, as does GSP/Jones/Fedor.

I've stopped considering Jon Jones as one of the GOAT since he last tested for abnormally low testosterone levels.

No, its not clear cut for any of the 3 best fighters of all time. You can make cases for all 3

Jesus Christ, if losing early in your career makes you ineligible to be known as the GOAT, then why is losing later in your career as damaging, especially when one of those losses is to a fighter that was handled easily by Anderson.

Anderson is the only fighter to beat top ranked fighters in three weight classes, finished Hendo (who beat Fedor), finished Franklin x2, finished former LHW champion Griffin, defeated Mach Sakurai when he was arguably #1 P4P, KO'd Vitor, TKO'd Okami, beat Sonnen twice (who beat Shogun), Carlos Newton, Demian Maia, and several other elite fighters.

Anderson has a case for the GOAT, as does GSP/Jones/Fedor.

He lost his case when he tested positive.

At this point it's between Fedor, GSP and Jones and Jones is a few wins away from making it undisputed. That's scary.

It's between him or Fedor. Followed by Aldo, then Silva, then Jones

I've stopped considering Jon Jones as one of the GOAT since he last tested for abnormally low testosterone levels.

lol, you made a troll account against Jones and spend 90% of your time trolling every other thread. No one gives a shit when you stopped respecting Jones.

Wow. You couldn't just bumped any one of the 5000+ threads on this.

Or would it be blasphemus?

I mean come on, the guy kept his belt for 6 years, avenged all his losses, beat the toughest competition EVER faced by a champion...

I doubt anyone has ever done that.

Anderson is the best to watch and Fedor has that aura

How would GSP beat Schilt, Zulu and Choi?

Humor me.

Back