News Canelo vs Munguia May 4th PBC AMAZON PRIME PPV

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

Now it is being reported by Salvador Rodriguez of ESPN Knockout that Canelo might target Jaime Munguia in May and David Benavidez in September.

IMG_0675.jpeg

Last edited:
I would rather jump right into Bidez but it's big fight and it's gotta marinate.

to justify that nelo paycheck.

Munguia... he's got to lose someday might as well cash that 0 against someone who is going to net some real money.

my nightmare would be Nelo looks bad against Munguia...

0557cc3510dcdc8235b5225ac866dc94.gif

Worse than the Jermell fight… just what I thought to myself today, “Hey you know who Canelo needs to fight next? Someone even less appealing than the previous joke fight”.

If it isn’t Benavidez, and I mean the REAL Benavidez not his hopeless brother, announced as the big Sept/Oct fight and Mungiua just a tune up date in May, then I’ll be of the mindset Canelo don’t want it and I’ll really be disappointed as a fan. Nobody gives a shit about Munguia.

How exactly would this work out? Isn’t Munguia GBP/DAZN?
If it happens …. Munguia has to come to the PBC PPV TV (which more than likely is Amazon Prime) canelo is the A side and has an exclusive deal with PBC … just like Ryan Garcia vs tank

Canelo will get a spectacular KO, and I'm sure the promoters are hoping Munguia demolishes Ryder so that they can do the comparison thing and make him seem like a threat.

Munguia is fighting Ryder.

Munguia is fighting Ryder.
i think this is planned for after the Ryder fight. but it would not be a good option for Canelo, i think. Munguia is not an exciting fight imo because the result is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I’d be okay with Canelo/Munguia if it was happening this weekend instead of Munguia/Ryder. It’s an acceptable keep busy fight for an active champion. I think Canelo’s favoured May and September dates should be saved for bigger opponents than Munguia.

If there is good news here it’s that Munguia likely won’t be ready for May. He’ll win on Saturday, but it won’t be a walk in the park. I expect him to pick up some sort of injury or cut that will put him out of the running for May.

Finally, does anyone know the status of this Amazon deal? You’d think they’d have made a deal knowing they’d be able to start with a bang, but so far nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back