Rumored Canelo vs Benavidez PBC PPV September

so weird. He moves up to lose to a publicly unknown LHW but won't risk losing to someone he's expected to fight.

The only speculation that makes sense is that he's worried about Benavidez taking over all of the Mexican American support if he loses that fight cleanly.

Seems like he just wants to coast on favorable match ups and get paydays for the rest of his career.

I thought I had heard that they'd promised that for Benavidez, but couldn't keep their agreed upon pay for the other fight on his contract?
edit- just read it more closely, that seems to indeed be the case.

I thought I had heard that they'd promised that for Benavidez, but couldn't keep their agreed upon pay for the other fight on his contract?
edit- just read it more closely, that seems to indeed be the case.
Of course it is.
That's why no one's posted in any of these threads in 24hrs. Can't blame Canelo for PBCs fuck up.
Way to go Al.
PBC is fuckin trash and everyone knows it.

Of course it is.
That's why no one's posted in any of these threads in 24hrs. Can't blame Canelo for PBCs fuck up.
Way to go Al.
PBC is fuckin trash and everyone knows it.

LOL Canelo wants a king's ransom for powder puff fights that aren't going to draw.

DAZN is having the same issues negotiating with him that Haymon did.

LOL Canelo wants a king's ransom for powder puff fights that aren't going to draw.

DAZN is having the same issues negotiating with him that Haymon did.

This has become a comedy. It’s no wonder, he’ll Im a forever Maidana fan but to me Berlanga then Munguia feels like Floyd conning us into not one BUT TWO Maidana fights. If they give Canelo what he wants that’s what this will literally be. A year of predetermined outcomes.

Berlangas head should be Munguias, and Canelo should fight Benavidez.

This has become a comedy. It’s no wonder, he’ll Im a forever Maidana fan but to me Berlanga then Munguia feels like Floyd conning us into not one BUT TWO Maidana fights. If they give Canelo what he wants that’s what this will literally be. A year of predetermined outcomes.

Berlangas head should be Munguias, and Canelo should fight Benavidez.

Plus, the WBA said that Berlanga is now the mandatory ahead of Morrell, the regular champ, and M'Billi, the interim champ.

So there's another sanctioning body who's not going to enforce their rules and let Canelo sit on their belt as long as he wants to.

Well, it's official now. Canelo has just blatantly ducked Benavidez. I won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt any longer. Nor will I ever defend him again.

@Roids was right (for once). Canelo could still change his mind if the Saudis offer him a ridiculous sum but that's speculation. It seems that he's dead set on never fighting Benavidez. This is really going to taint his legacy.

Canelo seriously wants to fight Berlanga.
you know, i dont think i agree with the whole "no one's gonna care Canelo didn't face Benavidez" dialogue when he's choosing to fight fucking Berlanga.
sanctioning bodies should grow some balls and enforce their freakin mandatories. Canelo's gonna be the cinnamon clown to many from now on. what a shitshow.

on the bright side maybe we'll get Benavidez vs Bivol down the line somewhere. thats a good matchup. Joe Smith Jr is a fun one too.

I don't know why everyone is shocked that Canelo ducked Benavidez, it's almost like everyone forget that the boxing world forced him to fight GGG practically at gunpoint lol.

I don't think Canelo fears losing, he fears getting embarassed, exposed and potentially knocked out. He can live with a loss but he can't live with humiliation. That's why he chose to fight Kovalev who had 1 belt while Artur had 2. It's why he chose to fight Bivol who had 1 belt while Artur had 2. It's why he avoided GGG during his prime.

I don't know why everyone is shocked that Canelo ducked Benavidez, it's almost like everyone forget that the boxing world forced him to fight GGG practically at gunpoint lol.

I don't think Canelo fears losing, he fears getting embarassed, exposed and potentially knocked out. He can live with a loss but he can't live with humiliation. That's why he chose to fight Kovalev who had 1 belt while Artur had 2. It's why he chose to fight Bivol who had 1 belt while Artur had 2. It's why he avoided GGG during his prime.
Fans were hopeful because Canelo crossed the street and signed with PBC (who also promote Benavidez). A 3 fight $100 million dollar deal. Benavidez was expected by industry insiders and the general public to be one of his opponents.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back