Rumored Canelo vs Benavidez PBC PPV September

For those that don't understand exactly what happened I'll break it down. Canelo had 2 fights left on his PBC contract. He wanted the other Charlo brother next. PBC couldn't come up with the guarantee they promised Canelo for that particular fight. This is technically a breach of contract but they offered a simple solution: Go ahead and fight Charlo and then Benavidez in September and you'll get your guarantee.

This was perfectly reasonable but Canelo rejected it. He obviously didn't like the Benavidez curveball thrown at him so he left PBC. Reportedly Benavidez wasn't one of the original 3 opponents that Canelo initially agreed to fight when he signed his 3 fight $100 million deal.

Fans were hopeful because Canelo crossed the street and signed with PBC (who also promote Benavidez). A 3 fight $100 million dollar deal. Benavidez was expected by industry insiders and the general public to be one of his opponents.
Canelo views himself as larger than the PBC, or Goldenboy, or any other promotion, on a certain level he is. Him being on the same side of the street as Benavidez is irrelevant since that's never been an obstacle to make Canelo fights. Canelo's primary motivation, even over money, is to save face and not get embarrassed, especially by a fellow Mexican. He's willing to risk a loss as long as it's an "honorable" loss.

Canelo views himself as larger than the PBC, or Goldenboy, or any other promotion, on a certain level he is. Him being on the same side of the street as Benavidez is irrelevant since that's never been an obstacle to make Canelo fights. Canelo's primary motivation, even over money, is to save face and not get embarrassed, especially by a fellow Mexican. He's willing to risk a loss as long as it's an "honorable" loss.
What's crazy to me is that Canelo was under the impression that he'd be able to make an easy $100 million to fight the rest of PBC's stable without them proposing Benavidez as an opponent. He wanted the path of least resistance for the most money.

This is telling. I always said that Benavidez would likely be the last opponent in his 3 fight deal. He wasn't planned to be initially but that's what the PBC wanted. Situations change, replacements are made, and yet Canelo was completely unwilling to adapt or play ball. This is a confirmed duck. It's no longer speculation anymore.

What's crazy to me is that Canelo was under the impression that he'd be able to make an easy $100 million to fight the rest of PBC's stable without them proposing Benavidez as an opponent. He wanted the path of least resistance for the most money.

This is telling. I always said that Benavidez would likely be the last opponent in his 3 fight deal. He wasn't planned to be initially but that's what the PBC wanted. Situations change, replacements are made, and yet Canelo was completely unwilling to adapt or play ball. This is a confirmed duck. It's no longer speculation anymore.
The fact that he thought he could get away with this just shows how he views himself relative to the boxing world, he believes he can call any shot he wants. TBH part of that is because the boxing world has been reluctant to criticize him because every fighter, every promotion, and every stable wants a bite at the Canelo payday. So he feels he can get away with murder. There's gonna have to be some serious social backlash from the community for him to wake up.

The fact that he thought he could get away with this just shows how he views himself relative to the boxing world, he believes he can call any shot he wants. TBH part of that is because the boxing world has been reluctant to criticize him because every fighter, every promotion, and every stable wants a bite at the Canelo payday. So he feels he can get away with murder. There's gonna have to be some serious social backlash from the community for him to wake up.
Public backlash will come. Especially from the Mexican community. I expect the Mexican ATGs will tear him apart. He's had years to fight Benavidez. Will it make him change his mind? I doubt it. I don't even think Turki Alalshikh could convince him otherwise at this point.

Poor little Canela is scared shitless of big daddy Benavidez. The Ring Magazine should give their belt to Benavidez for making Canela his bitch without even fighting. History will remember Canela as Saul “I was born ready to duck Benavidez” Alvaroid.

wtf

….. 200 million and I’ll fight him tomorrow … ‘ canelo

So 150-200m? Ridiculous. I don't even think the Saudis would pay him that much. They might offer him upwards of 70-100m tops to fight Benavidez. He just publicly priced himself out.

wtf

….. 200 million and I’ll fight him tomorrow … ‘ canelo

Makes sense to me. If he would risk getting KO'd for the first time ever since GGG and being totally usurped as boxing's primero superstar, might as well get paid Mayweather money. And if PBC can't pay him 35 million per fight, why stay with them?

wheres the guy who kept suking ngannous, conors and benavidezs dick while making fun of floyd and wilder?

<TheWire1>

Maybe Canelo is finally getting pissed about the public reaction to him avoiding the Benavidez fight.

Even if Canelo loses, he should face Benavidez. I understand the guy isn't the most stable but he is the #1 contender and has more than proved himself this year with his performances against Andrade and Plant.

Back