News Canelo to fight at cruiserweight!!

Actually I don't want to be too hard on you

LOL....thanks..

Where was Benavidez when Canelo was clearing out the all belt holders at 168?
He was nowhere to be found because he wasn't positioned to get a shot because he obviously lacked the discipline to be at that level.
Maybe if he wasn't stripped of his 2 titles he would have been there and in a better position, maybe even holding a belt again.

Stripped of one title for blowing fat lines off of his trainers sack.
Stripped of another for not being able to make weight.

What does being stripped of 2 consecutive belts as soon as you get them do to your stock?
Makes a lackluster resume even worse.
If Benavides was ready to be there Canelo would have been there.

Don't blame Canelo....he can't waste time any time on undisciplined Boogymen who can't even hold on to their titles, while he's pursuing being one of the GREATEST.

Last edited:

Looks like some dude called Floyd Mayweather, agrees with me.
GG

Last edited:
The only reason this fight is doable for Canelo is because Makabu only has to make 190 pounds and he's the weakest titlist of the bunch at Cruiser. He's also small for the weight and not a genuine elite. Usyk on the other hand was a big Cruiser and, along with Evander, was the best (most accomplished) fighter in the division's history. Usyk is much bigger and far, far more skilled than the likes of Makabu. He still had to put on mass to move up to Heavyweight and that's what he did. He's 220+ pounds now on fight night. Unless he drains himself down to 190 then Canelo won't be fighting him, ever. Realistically Canelo's limit is Light Heavyweight and even there he has to be very selective with who he fights. Once a fighter starts giving up too much size/weight to an opponent they'll easily get pushed around the ring and moved by their heavier opponent's punches, even their jabs. This is why we have weight classes.

Yeah I wasn't really serious with the usyk fight. Just liked the thought of it, as ridiculous it is.

Last edited:
This is a high risk and low reward fight for canelo but maku deserves the money and whoever thinks that maku won'tt take this fight 100% srs is delusional.

Maku has the chance to beat the most popular fighter and if he beats Canelo... Jackpot $$$$$$$

You stated 4 divisions...154/160/168/175
Either way, do you think there is a bigger "prize" currently out there in those divisions worth more than another division title at cruiserweight?
It's not that it's such an egregious fight but it's more novelty than actual accomplishment if he's going to claim CW champion status. It's just a title. In the grand scheme of things it's pretty pointless other than fighting a bigger guy.

When considering Canelo's mindset, I don't see it being that simple.
I don't see him stopping at CW if he takes out Makabu without any real adversity.
I think he's too hungry to stop at Makabu.
Any critique of this move is based on a belief that he is just going to move up and steal another title and then come back down which is a big assumption to make.
I beg to differ.
His last fights have left him feeling unstoppable, and for valid reasons.
He is seeking boxing GREATNESS.
Every additional CW title will bring him closer to it.
Wins over Benavidez and/or Beterbeast just won't do it.

Hard to believe that anyone familiar with boxing history does not acknowledge how special this move is, and the importance of what it may become.
This is not that much of a special move. Back in the days that there was one champion per division a "cherry pick" like this wasn't possible. This would be the equivalent of Mickey Walker fighting a ranked HW but not the champion. It was impressive Walker could beat some bigger men but he didn't have any sanctioning body at the time offering to make him a "titlist" without having to beat the best fighter in the division.

It's not that it's such an egregious fight but it's more novelty than actual accomplishment if he's going to claim CW champion status. It's just a title. In the grand scheme of things it's pretty pointless other than fighting a bigger guy.
So then why havent more people done it? Theres only been a handful, ever, to manage it.

Oh you still don't get it. Lets try again. His division used to be 154 before he moved up. Then it was 160, now its 168. 175 is not his division because he fought once and left. Kapish?

For the casuals it will be beating a bigger man at cruiser even if he's mediocre at best. For people that know boxing its cleaning out 168 and fighting Benavidez.
Benavidez is a fight that still has time to simmer and maybe happen at 175. Hopefully after this fight Canelo starts unifying at LHW.

This is a high risk and low reward fight for canelo but maku deserves the money and whoever thinks that maku won'tt take this fight 100% srs is delusional.

Maku has the chance to beat the most popular fighter and if he beats Canelo... Jackpot $$$$$$$
He already hit the jackpot. Hopefully he played hard to get like Plant did and didn't just accept the first offer. If he somehow manages to splatter Canelo I'm not sure how many big fights would be out there for him but he can probably wrangle a HW title shot and the payday that goes along with it.

So then why havent more people done it? Theres only been a handful, ever, to manage it.
I think Canelo is PFP and a HOFer. If I'm ragging on him it's comparing him to the ATGs. So in our era he's picking up a "title" in another weight class but that doesn't really compare to moving up in weight the way Armstrong did it.

Last edited:
He has already reached Greatness, now it’s about becoming the Greatest.

Dude will come into the fight at 200 lbs looking like a brick shithouse, and if he can stand up to the power, it’ll be a sight to behold.

I’d rather him take on Breidis, but it makes more sense to see how can do at the weight first.
WBC are literally moving the weight class down to 190lbs for Canelo lol

Looks like some dude called Floyd Mayweather, agrees with me.
GG

You have got to be kidding...

"I can put that together for you"......Floyd

Anyone else here but Rolaids NOT taking that comment by Mayweather with a big ol'e grain of salt as being nothing more than an obvious attempt to try to sign him to Mayweather Promotions so he can try and get his beak wet off the Canelo money train?

Nothing more than a salesman blowing smoke up a potential customer's arse.

Means nothing.

SMH.....

Last edited:
WBC are literally moving the weight class down to 190lbs for Canelo lol

This is the part of this whole thing that's being overlooked. It just so coincides with Canelo's attempt to fight at CW that now WBC wants to move it back down to 190. They're the only ones doing it. You can't make this stuff up.

Now, there's a chance Makabu might be weight drained for the fight.

I think the perceived value of additional weight class titles is relative to the number of titles currently held by a fighter.
Looks like 3 seems to be somewhat of a dividing line as there have been 52 fighters that have ever accomplished it.
The number drops to only 15 fighters to ever have accomplished winning 4 different weight titles.
It gets even more interesting from here and up, which is what Canelo is attempting.

Only 5 fighters have EVER won 5 or more, making each additional one above 4 much more than "just a title" on a historical level.
Only 5 fighters in history have ever achieved 5 or more.
Mayweather, Leonard, and Hearns @ 5
ODH @ 6
Pacman @ 8

At this stage, when each additional titles put you higher and higher on an all-time list amongst such names, they are no longer "just a title" to me at all.

The numbers and names speak for themselves.

LOL....thanks..

Where was Benavidez when Canelo was clearing out the all belt holders at 168?
He was nowhere to be found because he wasn't positioned to get a shot because he obviously lacked the discipline to be at that level.
Maybe if he wasn't stripped of his 2 titles he would have been there and in a better position, maybe even holding a belt again.

Stripped of one title for blowing fat lines off of his trainers sack.
Stripped of another for not being able to make weight.

What does being stripped of 2 consecutive belts as soon as you get them do to your stock?
Makes a lackluster resume even worse.
If Benavides was ready to be there Canelo would have been there.

Don't blame Canelo....he can't waste time any time on undisciplined Boogymen who can't even hold on to their titles, while he's pursuing being one of the GREATEST.

The PBC groupies always look for a reason to discredit Canelo. First it was Kovalev over the hill, shot, took a dive. Then it was dont want to fight Plant. Now its ducking Benavidez.

Too cringe XD

The PBC groupies always look for a reason to discredit Canelo. First it was Kovalev over the hill, shot, took a dive. Then it was dont want to fight Plant. Now its ducking Benavidez.

Too cringe XD

Yes its not like he has a history of ducking fighters at 154/160/175 right? lol.

Back