News Canelo to fight at cruiserweight!!

Sure.
Canelo had proven this with fight vs old, over the hill Mosley who did not had won 1 from his last 3 fights.
And still eliglible for a title fight. Cos it is Clen. LOL.

Cherry pick with Kovalev was cool, I agree.
It looked like cherry pick Williams vs Briedis if surnames only does matters.
Canelo is the best in the world.

Absolute bullshit and you know it, yes I’ve watched Makubu you condescending bell end, so he lost to Bellew….. and ?

News flash CW bellew would also comfortably fuck up Charlo and Benavidez, lets see either take rounds off Usyk, these two are simply the recent boogeyman of the week because Canelo isn’t fighting them, both become bums the second Canelo takes them out.

The guys next 4 fights could be Makubu, Bivol,Beterbiev and Briedis and it still wouldn’t be good enough.

Because Bellew isn't good... If you lose to a fighter who isn't good, what does that make you? Bellew couldn't hack it at 175 so he had to gain weight to win a title at CW. Bellew doesn't have a single signature win at CW.

Also, if you've watched Makabu's fights, as you claim, you would know how he got ears boxed off against Mchunu until Mchunu gassed out.

All these idiots have been unsuccessfully calling Canelo’s career path for years now, he would never fight real 154 guys like Lara, then he would avoid 160 like the plague because of GGG, then he wouldn’t fight the top guys at 168.

They basically have a 100 percent record of being wrong, would actually be more dignified to just admit you’re being bitter bitches.

That's because he couldn't avoid those fighters forever. The media actually did their jobs and pressed Canelo to fight those guys. Now, the media's completely silent. People like Mike Coppinger are dismissing credible opponents for Canelo and then figuratively "blowing their load" when Canelo chooses fighters who have no shot against him and forces weight demands on them.

Canelo is the best in the world.
Where? @ 168 looks that he is today.

Don't count in his wins predictable win vs shot shadow of old Mosley, GGG fights ( Canelo didn't had won even 1 from these 2 and I newer will care about Vegas cards ) and had " won " cos pro boxing is not a sport at all.
Then shot Kovalev and wrong cherry pick with uncle Floyd.

Canelo was built by Oscar. Buy feeding him fights and getting him Mosley to fight with and this Khan fight etc perks.

Bellew doesn't have a single signature win at CW.
Well, maybe, unless this Makabu now is current reigning WBC CW champ.
This makes sense since Bellew now is retired relatively long ago.

Just checked Makabu's record & accomplishments, because I'm not familiar with him at all... And I don't get what the whining & complaining here is about. Some people will say anything and look for a reason to discredit Canelo, even though he's clearly what Floyd & Manny used to be - the hardest working man in the sport of boxing. Constantly taking high profile fights... and winning them.

I don't see a Evander Holyfield at cruiserweight. But is this Canelo's fault?

Anyone can have a pretty looking record.

Two fights I recommend: Makabu vs. Bellew and Makabu vs. Mchunu

That should pretty much tell you what his chances are against Canelo (Hint: Not great)

Boxing Insider Journal already installed Canelo as a -700 favorite, others have him at -1200... does that look competitive to you?

Anyone can have a pretty looking record.

Two fights I recommend: Makabu vs. Bellew and Makabu vs. Mchunu

That should pretty much tell you what his chances are against Canelo (Hint: Not great)

He put Bellew on his ass and KOed Mchunu. That’s an handful for a first fight at CW, especially for a former WW. Alvarez is good, though, which makes him a favorite. Have the likes of Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Mayweather and Pacquiao beaten first ballot hall of famers when they got a belt in every new weight class ? Nope. Not sure why this is worth crying about.

Last edited:
He put Bellew on his ass and KOed Mchunu. That’s an handful for a first fight at CW. Alvarez is good, though, which makes him a favorite. Have the likes of Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Mayweather and Pacquiao beaten first ballot hall of famers when they got a belt in every new weight class ? Nope. Not sure why this is worth crying about.
Canelo beat his favorite fighter 15 fights and 7 1/2 years ago, and he cant get over it.

I don't mind the fight in and of itself (Makabu is a decent fighter and there's a big size difference), I'm just annoyed that Canelo is going up to 190 and will then have to cut back down again to get back down to 168/175. Those kinds of cuts can hurt fighters long term and I don't think it's worth it for Canelo to face Makabu and then do damage to his body going back down when he could just face Benavidez or Bivol or Beterbiev or Charlo. I'd rather he fight Benavidez/Charlo/Beterbiev/Bivol now and then do the Makabu fight, seems more logical.

He put Bellew on his ass and KOed Mchunu. That’s an handful for a first fight at CW, especially for a former WW. Alvarez is good, though, which makes him a favorite. Have the likes of Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Mayweather and Pacquiao beaten first ballot hall of famers when they got a belt in every new weight class ? Nope. Not sure why this is worth crying about.

I've already made this point. Others have done this in the past, so he's not doing anything new. But those fighters also stayed in the weight class they moved up to. The only exceptions are Leonard fighting Donny Lalonde or Pacquiao fighting Margarito (but this was a vacant belt).

This fight will not be a handful for Canelo.

Dont know who Canelo ducked at 154/160 and he clearly cherrypicked Kovalev at LHW but you cant say hes ducking if hes not fighting at the weight...

So you are not aware the WBC made Canelo super champ when Charlo became his mandatory at 154, which meant he didnt need to fight him? Or at 160, he only needed Andrade's belt to unify the division but ran off without ever fighting him? Leaving 1 belt on the table when you could unify a division vs a tricky fighter seems like an obvious duck no?

So you are not aware the WBC made Canelo super champ when Charlo became his mandatory at 154, which meant he didnt need to fight him? Or at 160, he only needed Andrade's belt to unify the division but ran off without ever fighting him? Leaving 1 belt on the table when you could unify a division vs a tricky fighter seems like an obvious duck no?
Charlo was offered the fight and him or his agent turned it down. Canelo then went and fought Jacobs instead.

And Andrade? Ducked him in 2 divisions. Seems clear.

I've already made this point. Others have done this in the past, so he's not doing anything new. But those fighters also stayed in the weight class they moved up to. The only exceptions are Leonard fighting Donny Lalonde or Pacquiao fighting Margarito (but this was a vacant belt).

This fight will not be a handful for Canelo.

Because he’s good, which is hardly something you can blame him about.

As for staying in a weight class, well, Canelo has just unified the titles at 168 and hasn’t given up the belts so far.

Once more it is hardly worth crying about.

And Andrade? Ducked him in 2 divisions. Seems clear.

Andrade’s best win happened in 2013 when he went life and death with Vanes Martirosyan. Lol.

Andrade’s best win happened in 2013 when he went life and death with Vanes Martirosyan. Lol.

Oh and that's supposed to be a justification for not fighting him to unify a division? Odd. I would have thought it would be the direct opposite. You are making the case he was not a tough enough fight to bother to unify a division. Just think about that logic for a moment especially in consideration of the mubaku fight.. lol

PS. This is when your honesty and integrity is tested. Don't mess it up.

Oh and that's supposed to be a justification for not fighting him to unify a division? Odd. I would have thought it would be the direct opposite. You are making the case he was not a tough enough fight to bother to unify a division. Just think about that logic for a moment especially in consideration of the mubaku fight.. lol

PS. This is when your honesty and integrity is tested. Don't mess it up.
I'm glad you and @cuban23 have found your new boogeyman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back