News Canelo to fight at cruiserweight!!

I don't mind this fight at all, although Biev is the only fight that really excites me atm. It would be hilarious if this was a warm up fight for Canelo to move to HW to face Usyk... People here would still complain he wasn't fighting Fury.

Why are people so eager for the Benavidez fight? Let the kid fight the other top contenders and reach his prime before asking him to face Canelo.

Makabu and Charlo in 2022, plenty of time to make Benavidez a walking corpse as he struggles to make 168

I mean, what more can I say?

The worst champion at CW is obviously Makabu. He got knocked out by Tony Bellew, which is embarrassing, and he's only 6'0 tall. He's even shorter than Caleb Plant.

I guess if it's not fighting mandatories at 168, the next best thing is to go belt hunting against the weakest champions. He's not the first person to do this, but he shouldn't be getting credit for it either.
Bellew is a big guy, why is that embarrassing

How anyone can criticise canelo for anything is beyond me, fights the best and keeps moving foward

Canelo could probably go up to heavyweight and still win fights. Toney did it and he wasn't much bigger than canelo. Get ready for canelo vs usyk in 2023.
The only reason this fight is doable for Canelo is because Makabu only has to make 190 pounds and he's the weakest titlist of the bunch at Cruiser. He's also small for the weight and not a genuine elite. Usyk on the other hand was a big Cruiser and, along with Evander, was the best (most accomplished) fighter in the division's history. Usyk is much bigger and far, far more skilled than the likes of Makabu. He still had to put on mass to move up to Heavyweight and that's what he did. He's 220+ pounds now on fight night. Unless he drains himself down to 190 then Canelo won't be fighting him, ever. Realistically Canelo's limit is Light Heavyweight and even there he has to be very selective with who he fights. Once a fighter starts giving up too much size/weight to an opponent they'll easily get pushed around the ring and moved by their heavier opponent's punches, even their jabs. This is why we have weight classes.

Would you pick Charlo or Benavidez to beat Makabu?
I am saying he is not the best cw out there is he. I will be more impressed if he can win another 1 or 2 titles at LHW which is hopefully what he plans on doing after Makabu.

How is makabu a champ last time anyone saw him he got KO’d by bellew

I am saying he is not the best cw out there is he. I will be more impressed if he can win another 1 or 2 titles at LHW which is hopefully what he plans on doing after Makabu.
If you wouldnt pick anyone else at this weight class besides Canelo to beat Makabu, then its pretty impressive, no?

If you wouldnt pick anyone else at this weight class besides Canelo to beat Makabu, then its pretty impressive, no?

Your question is stupid. Benavidez at even 168 would destroy that bum. Hilarious how you are trying to build up a cherry pick now lol. Other fighters are not moving up because they are not instantly given cherry pick title shot presents like the WBC constantly give Canelo. When he fought smith for the title, they threw in the vacant WBC belt just randomly. Its all a joke.

I don't give a fuck how limited Makabu is, you can see on the video how big the disparity in size is, this could be a strategy gone all wrong from Reynoso. I know Canelo has sparred the likes of Ruiz and Sanchez recently but Makabu has sparred heavyweights his whole career. It's an extremely intriguing fight for me. What gives me a slightly bad taste is the WBC dropping the limit to 190 pounds. Not doing it in consensus with the other sanctioning bodies is bad for the sport. I don't think it will have a huge impact on this particular fight though, I feel like Makabu at 190 would perform actually better.

Your question is stupid. Benavidez at even 168 would destroy that bum. Hilarious how you are trying to build up a cherry pick now lol. Other fighters are not moving up because they are not instantly given cherry pick title shot presents like the WBC constantly give Canelo. When he fought smith for the title, they threw in the vacant WBC belt just randomly. Its all a joke.
Im not building up anything. Im saying no one else at 168 could do shit to him. You are literally delusional about Benavidez. Note how youre the only one constantly riding his jock around here? Do you think youre just enlightened or something?

So a cherry pick champ at a cherry pick weight.

Im not building up anything. Im saying no one else at 168 could do shit to him. You are literally delusional about Benavidez. Note how youre the only one constantly riding his jock around here? Do you think youre just enlightened or something?

Your claim about who else could beat Makabu at 168 is pointless, there is nothing to support it and doesnt change the fact his best win is a 45 year old glenn johnson, he is slow as hell and plodding. Yes I am one of the few Benavidez dick riders vs the sea of canelo dick riders here, because I don't just follow the casual hype train like most.

So a cherry pick champ at a cherry pick weight.
If only Canelo would follow the footsteps of the amazing career of Benavidez! I mean hes only looking to do something thats been completed what 5-6 times, ever?

Your claim about who else could beat Makabu at 168 is pointless, there is nothing to support it and doesnt change the fact his best win is a 45 year old glenn johnson, he is slow as hell and plodding. Yes I am one of the few Benavidez dick riders vs the sea of canelo dick riders here, because I don't just follow the casual hype train like most.
No you are literally the only one lol. Its pathetic.

If its so easy to do, why has it only been done 5-6 times, ever? Why doesnt the great Benavidez go up and snag a belt? Its easy right?

Why is it only Canelo does all these easy fights while guys like Benavidez and Charlo do nothing but talk bullshit hoping for a payday?

Canelo won't get credit for this fight from boxing fans but will get credit and over-hyped from his die hard fans and the Network he's fighting for, until he decides to challenge real threats he's just padding his record with C+ champions everyone knows who's the real threats and challenges.

Good nice win but nothing incredible not an unbelievable achievement, Canelo will just wait until certain already old monsters become shot or certain tough ex champions coming back can't make the weight and are to drained to put up a war.

No you are literally the only one lol. Its pathetic.

If its so easy to do, why has it only been done 5-6 times, ever? Why doesnt the great Benavidez go up and snag a belt? Its easy right?

Why is it only Canelo does all these easy fights while guys like Benavidez and Charlo do nothing but talk bullshit hoping for a payday?

Because Benavidez is interested in cleaning out his division and proving he is the best by calling out everyone yet they continue to duck him like Canelo.

Apparently at the press conference Canelo said he will fight GGG in sept next year? LOL

In reality Canelo is not moving upto cruiserweight. He is moving upto a fabricated division that the other bodies not acknowledge. Its all fake.

Because Benavidez is interested in cleaning out his division and proving he is the best by calling out everyone yet they continue to duck him like Canelo.

Apparently at the press conference Canelo said he will fight GGG in sept next year? LOL

In reality Canelo is not moving upto cruiserweight. He is moving upto a fabricated division that the other bodies not acknowledge. Its all fake.
So everyone will fight Canelo/each other, but theyre all scared of the big bad Benavidez? Lmao. You are a clown with this dude. You may be the first person I ever put on ignore.

Benavidez is a far, far, far less skilled version of Crawford. Talks a bunch of shit but doesnt fight anyone worth a fuck.

So everyone will fight Canelo/each other, but theyre all scared of the big bad Benavidez? Lmao. You are a clown with this dude. You may be the first person I ever put on ignore.

Benavidez is a far, far, far less skilled version of Crawford. Talks a bunch of shit but doesnt fight anyone worth a fuck.
I just noticed @Roids has had an account for 20 years.

Andrade sucks, has beaten no one, and Canelo has obliterated two “slick boxers” in BJS and Plant. Stop this slick boxer nonsense already.
Its a different type of slick. BJS was doing well before he had that "eye issue" and Andrade IMO is a better version of BJS.

He Just finished two slick fighters in BJS and Caleb Plant, Andrade is slower than Plant and got hurt by Liam Williams who is nowhere near Canelo level.
Floyd got hurt by DeMarcus Corley. So what? Fighters get hurt. I hate it when fans do this. Canelo recently fought Avni Yildrim. Why is that okay yet I bring up fighters like Andrade and people get defensive. If Andrade is slow then Canelo fans should be okay with it. He's definitely more skillful than Makabu.

Back