Can we agree that Jamahal lost that fight before it even began?

Nah, you're just projecting your own weakness and insecurities onto Hill.

The moment I saw this video of Jamhal's footwork against Glover, I knew it was over.

Holy shit, I had no idea how bad it was until I watched this earlier.

This is such a hilarious and wonderful example of why an argument from authority never works in MMA. Seeing legitimate fighters state without laughing that they actually thought that Hill was somehow levels above Alex is just palpable. Listening to Anthony Smith cope even about his analysis skills makes me wish he was fed to Alex on his way up.

Last edited:
I don't think Jamal looked scared in the cage

(at least not anywhere near Megan Anderson scared)

He even interacted with Alex' walk out performance

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed it early in the week too but figured whatever it might just be regular butterflies (I don't pay much attention to him so wasn't sure what was "typical"). As soon as he walked out, I looked at my buddy and said "Oh shit, he is shook. He is fucking shook bad. This is gonna end early." lol. Did not see that ending coming though. I knew it would be a KO but goddamn. Epic moment.

Anthony Smith irritates me so much, like to an irrational degree.
Haha my entire friends circle bets against him every fight. Hilarious his nickname is Lionheart and then he basically gives up halfway through every fight. I'm sure he's a decent dude as a person, but I absolutely cannot stand him as a fighter/personality.

Reactions: TR1
No...Hill lost because he came to fight a stand up fight against a two division kickboxing champion lol...

If your going to play with fire...your going to get burned..he was likely hoping to get lucky and catch Alex and get that 300k bonus...

Cant blame him really

SIGNIFICANT STRIKES

FIGHTERSIG. STRSIG. STR. %HEADBODYLEGDISTANCECLINCHGROUND
Alex Pereira
Jamahal Hill
24 of 30
12 of 22
80%
54%
12 of 15
1 of 7
6 of 6
3 of 6
6 of 9
8 of 9
13 of 16
12 of 22
0 of 0
0 of 0
11 of 14
0 of 0

you cant beat someone by KO, if you cant reach his head,
Jamahal Hill landed one strike to the head
Look at that signature strength- my signature strength is only 20 out of 30

The Death Stare affects all mortals

giphy.gif
I shat my pants. Again.

no. i dont think it was a mental thing at all. hill simply wasn’t good enough to win.

Nothing but a build up of forced trash talk that wasn't called for. Throughout fight week, Jamahal would go from looking all pumped up and aggressive to scared shitless, meaning that he was actually scared shitless the entire time. His way of dealing it was to be disrespectful and angry, and as we know, anger's most often sourced from fear. It all culminated during Pereira's walkout when Jamahal was doing everything from standing outside the octagon to flailing around inside it. I'm not saying this was as bad as Megan Anderson looking like an utter ghost when she was entering the Apex to fight Nunes, but it was still bad.

This goes to show you that Pereira has become truly special. Guys are aware of the threat of brutal violence that he imposes. I get the sense that this same thing happened to a lot of Silva's opponents.
To be fair this wasnt a performance like Forrest vs Anderson were someone totally shat the bed but yeah from the off it looked like he was fighting scared akin to Volk vs Topuria, scared of an opponents power and trying to stay as far away as possible whilst throwing out rather weak lowkicks to look busy.

Back