How soon can Jamahal Hill be ready? Chance of Adesanya sliding in before that?

usernamee

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hill had a pretty serious injury that takes time to come back from...

it sounds ridiculous but it's not out of the realm of possibility that they would give Adesanya a chance to slide in there before that and fight Alex for the title

every shot alex landed on izzy in their mw fights in the ufc you can see how much impact it has. every shot moved him. He gives up size strength and power to alex at mw. I think alex holds quite the advantage over izzy at lhw. would be fun to see.

A guy who is 0-1 at LHW and has lost 2 of his last 4 and got absolutely dismantled in his last fight fighting for the belt lol.

I wouldn’t put it above the UFC, but that would be a very underserved title shot.

But he also knocked Periera the f*ck out the last time they fought, only 7 months ago. That matters.

Izzy is on sabbatical so it's moot(The 2027 return date he was being facetious)He likely returns late Summer such as September and I feel his "He who laughs last laughs best" is his outlook on this rivalry he prob has no lhw aspirations regardless who holds the belt there.

It looks like teh writting is on teh wall.
The 2 buddiez Alex & Izzy have already worked all this out.
Izzy streamlined Alex to teh top, and now Alex will return teh favor.

Havnt u heard?

Izzy is gonna take some ridiculous amount of unnecessary time off like Jon Jones

I like Izzy but he doesn't deserve a title shot right now :rolleyes:

It’s the fight Pereira wants and I can see Adesanya potentially chomping at the bit at the chance to win the 205 title against a guy he has already proven he can beat. I don’t see why the UFC wouldn’t want it to happen either…

If Adesanya actually chooses to cut his break short, the fight will happen. I honestly think it’s up to him.

The UFC will do it if Izzy wants it. But he also has a potential grudge match with Dricus or a revenge fight with Strickland, both of which would do good numbers. He might also sit out most of/all next year if he legit feels burnt out. It all depends what Izzy wants to do, UFC will give it to him.

Izzy is on sabbatical so it's moot(The 2027 return date he was being facetious)He likely returns late Summer such as September and I feel his "He who laughs last laughs best" is his outlook on this rivalry he prob has no lhw aspirations regardless who holds the belt there.
That must be why he moved up before . Smart

Kind of a bad look for Pereira to call out Adesanya for an immediate title fight at a weight class you got springboarded into. Jan is right in his sentiment: he needs to defend that belt against light heavyweights. Either the Ank/Walker winner or Jan/Rakic winner. Ironically I can see Smith being thrown in there if he wanted a quick turnaround.

Didn’t Izzy retire after the Strickland fight?

That must be why he moved up before . Smart
Currently, he has no lhw aspirations(speculation on my part) but following his YT channel he has made subtle remarks that it isn't something he needs to do again to fulfil his career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back