Social California professor canceled after berating student over police discussion.

I read last week that there are now less and less International students coming to the US to study. I think this is a combination of universities overseas getting better and students/parents/governments overseas being sheepish regarding regarding woke curriculum.
I read last week too that there was less tourists traveling to the US for 2020

Most of education is a scam. College was worthless to me and I don’t see what it did besides waste my time and money.
Abolish education as we know it and replace it with small schools and homeschooling pods

I read last week that there are now less and less International students coming to the US to study. I think this is a combination of universities overseas getting better and students/parents/governments overseas being sheepish regarding regarding woke curriculum.
I teach MBAs and it has infected them too. mine guy applying to the USA for one wrote in his intro essay the normal BS and then “as a minority in the USA blah blah blah “. Like lol you’re going to another country to study but secretly you’re going to be oppressed?

Is this where all of the conservatives rush in to defend free speech?

Give the liberal rejects what they want already. We already know they aren't armed and are giant soy consuming pussies. They will not survive the society they think they want.

The trends I read started prepandemic.
Yeah, Republicans did a good job at making foreign exchange students feel unwelcome with their hostility towards immigrants. But things should go back to normal now that basic American leadership and decency has been restored to the Presidency

She wasn't cancelled for what she said, but her conduct. The guy comes across as more of a professor than she does. He's calm and reasonable.

Probably has CNN on in the background 24/7.

You could tell she was flustered because she couldn't mount even a semi-intelligent defense of her own position. She probably knew she jumped the shark with that "my life would be in more danger" in regards to calling police if an armed intruder broke into her home.

This perception of reality is only held by people whose go-to news source is Tucker Carlson.

Also sort of ironic that it is SO much easier to fire a professor for misconduct than a cop.

Not if they are tenured. It’s as difficult to fire a tenured professor. And I think it should be easier to fire bad cops, but it would be abused by departments that are afraid of upsetting anti-police protesters and politicians. There’s simply a process that has to be followed before a cop is fired and if they don’t follow it, they get sued. I worked with a guy that was accused of sexually assaulting his ex. She was not reliable and was a train wreck, but so was he. So she went to the state police and they charged him with the crime that he was later acquitted of. But while awaiting trial, they fired him without the required hearing and they got sued for over 100k. When I discuss cops that I have worked with that was a bad cop or used excessive force, he is one of them. I witnessed him throw a knee at a guy that I was fighting with. He missed him snd caught me on the forehead. I told him that if he had hit the guy in the face with the knee, I would have reported him. That was the end of our working relationship and friendship-which was limited. The process is basically that a complaint or allegation is alleged and the office of professional standards(internal affairs) investigates it and reports to the chief who makes the decision. If they believe there is cause to fire the officer, they have to call a disciplinary hearing in which they can bring council. If it is possible that charges with be filed, they have to read the officer their Garrity rights(think Miranda). Anyway, if they are to be fired, is is laid out in the disciplinary hearing and the officer can choose to accept it or file an appeal. Then either the city manager makes the call or the committee votes on it.

But I do agree that bad cops should be able to be more easily terminated, but it’s all very subjective, which can be an issue. I don’t like it that cops can simply resign before they can be fired.

This dynamic only exists in the media and on Sherdog. I would not trust the media to tell me we live in a woke society or under mask mandated tyranny. People need to get out more.

I don’t agree that it only exists in the media. I believe that in most colleges-save small private schools, more of the professors mean left and many are flat out progressive and try to steer their students in that direction. My wife is a dean st her university and we discuss the topic from time to time.

She should be suspended at the minimum. Obviously I don't agree that all cops are hero's either. She holds a professional positions and should keep her opinion to herself while at work.

Open discussion of differing opinions should be encouraged but in a “safe space” as the progressives like to call it. Berating and talking down to a student should not be tolerated.. if she was more than an adjunct, maybe she would have been given more leeway, but this became public and I am sure there some external pressure to act.

And I don’t just call call cops heroes either. I say you have to earn those stripesb

I don’t agree that it only exists in the media. I believe that in most colleges-save small private schools, more of the professors mean left and many are flat out progressive and try to steer their students in that direction. My wife is a dean st her university and we discuss the topic from time to time.
I agree that they are left but incidences of berating students for voicing opposing opinions? The media would make you think this is like a regular occurrence.

I agree that they are left but incidences of berating students for voicing opposing opinions? The media would make you think this is like a regular occurrence.

I can say that I have had it from both sides like s girl in only fans. I am just saying that the progressive left seem to be more be confrontational and have an attitude of moral superiority in addressing students with different opinions, but I am sure it goes
Both ways

That teacher sounds insane.

That being said: There is nothing wrong with telling people to know their rights, be wary of how they respond to police, and better yet, not respond at all beyond what you are legally required to provide. Everyone should watch videos like this one to understand why no matter how innocent you are, dont provide literally anything beyond what may be legally required. Watch any facebook or youtube video of somebody not providing police with answers/pleading the fifth and swarms of morons call them rude idiots or how "they should just cooperate."

Back