Social California professor canceled after berating student over police discussion.

I'm not so sure. Liberal arts perhaps. Huge amounts of academia are engineers, scientists and other STEM at the Undergrad level which I don't think lean one way or another. Same for post-grad including law school, med school, etc. I'm happy to be proven wrong but that is my guess.

Fair enough. It just seems to me that radical progressive ideals are tolerated more than the opposite spectrum

While I disagree with firing someone for expressing an opinion, I wouldn't want to enroll in a class with her as a professor. She is very emotional and I wouldn't trust her to give a fair grade to others with different viewpoints.

My business office, where I type these words from right now, is in Cypress. This is one of the best Community Colleges in the state... I don't know if that is saying much.

Good on them for dumping the POS. Cypress is not a Leftist/Democrat city. They actually have their shit together.

that college sure has changed. i went there in 2002-2003 and it wasn't bad back then

You’re woke. It’s ok. It’s not a bad thing. All it means is you will start seeing more and more things through the lens of equality as demonstrated in what you witnessed in this college zoom incident

It’s a disgusting, loaded, and corny term.

Fair enough. It just seems to me that radical progressive ideals are tolerated more than the opposite spectrum

I don't disagree. Traditionally, universities have been the home of people who are pushing boundaries whether that be in science or liberal arts. By definition, general society is Conservative since it is the status quo and the thing we are all used to and live in. Academia becomes the incubator for new "progressive" ideas - some good, some bad. An example would be how academia was more in the forefront of the "radical" Civil Rights movement and anti-Vietnam sentiment than was society generally, especially in the South. Academics don't make careers arguing for keeping the same Conservative ideas. I suspect no PhD paper with the theme "everything is cool, let's not change anything" has been well recieved except at specific Conservative universities.

I don’t consider police “heroes” ... I don’t idolize any profession for that matter. But the kid was respectful and If he does consider them heroes that’s what he thinks and feels....to each it’s own. The broad tried to turn it into a heated debate.

Back