Cain Velasquez praises Sergei Pavlovich, notes he is "really tough to deal with"

Should Sergei be the next to fight Jones, if he doesn't retire?

• Total voters
As a casualty investigator, for 35 years, who has built court cases for a living, likely longer than you've been alive, — it's not "an argument" — it's evidence.

I'm convinced by the scenario. Pavlovich was helpless, when pressured by a better man.

That same "better man" who was similarly pressured and destroyed by Stipe, in almost exactly the same way.

Insane? <45>

It is exactly the opposite: it is insane to give Pavlovich "too much credit" ... when he folded like a $3 lawn chair, the moment he got pressured by a bigger/stronger man ... who himself folded like a $3 lawn chair, the moment he got pressured and pushed by Stipe.

Pavlovich has beaten absolutely nobody of note. (Just fat, overweight cans.)

Denial ≠ Rebuttal
I have been a casualty investigator since 1988, so since you're 42, that's been since you were a snot-nosed 5-year-old.

By the same token, I really don't need "your opinion" on my opinion <45>

To address your curiosity, it's because I'm a fight fan.

And as such, I am unconvinced by Sergei Pavlovich, for the exact reasons stated above.

If you're convinced, fine.

I am not.

<bball2>
iu

My brother in Christ <45>

My thoughts are the opposite ... Pavlovich has looked good facing "weak prey animals" ... and shit all over himself and failed when facing a predator in Overeem. (Watch the video again.)

Made especially funny, because Overeem was a "prey animal" when in the same cage with Stipe.

Maybe MMA math doesn't work sometimes — but a lot of times it does ;)

Didn't the prey drop Stipe in the first round and put him in a guillotine?

Anyone who knocks anyone because they lost to Overeem is insane.

Yeah it's crazy how often I've seen this. Overeem on a good night can be a problem for anyone.

I think Jones retires after Stipe though.

Too much was made of that loss. It was his first big fight in a big promotion vs an elite level and very experienced HW. Critics still knock him for that loss which is ridiculous.

While it's true that it was a big step up in competition, plenty of fighters get that first big fight and actually perform, proving they belong. Pavlovich is obviously bouncing back from the loss just fine, but when you're at the UFC level, "give him a break, it's just nerves and better opponents" doesn't really fly anymore.

View attachment 1005620

Former champ Cain Velasquez offered high praise for Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight standout Sergei Pavlovich.

Pavlovich (18-1) and fellow contender Tom Aspinall are widely regarded as part of the next generation to potentially rule over the UFC’s heavyweight division. Recently asked about his opinion on the division, Velasquez hailed Aspinall and especially Pavlovich as future champ prospects.

Velasquez also revealed that he had trained with Pavlovich at American Kickboxing Academy several years ago. The former champ noted that while he still acquits himself well in training, Pavlovich was one of the few he found “difficult” to deal with. He also lauded the wrestling skills of Pavlovich, who is currently on a six-fight first-round KO streak. The 41-year-old recently told The Schmo:

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/C...-Notes-He-Is-Really-Tough-to-Deal-With-191339

Jones would never fight sergei

I have been a casualty investigator since 1988, so since you're 42, that's been since you were a snot-nosed 5-year-old.

By the same token, I really don't need "your opinion" on my opinion <45>

To address your curiosity, it's because I'm a fight fan.

And as such, I am unconvinced by Sergei Pavlovich, for the exact reasons stated above.

If you're convinced, fine.

I am not.

That's great, congratulations on your long and illustrious career as a casualty investigator since 1988. Too bad it has nothing to do with the topic and no one cares lol. BTW, let me help you with the math there sport. in 1988 I was 7 not 5.

You do need my opinion. Listen here sport, there's a pecking order on this site and you're gonna have to respect what I say. I've been on here a lot longer than you have. You're the equivalent of a pledge in a frat house so do your duty of cleaning toilets and puke and listen to those who are your elders on here, got it sport?

The fact that I am even asking for your opinion and giving you the time of day should of great value to you. So just answer the questions and be a good boy, got it sport? Good!

While it's true that it was a big step up in competition, plenty of fighters get that first big fight and actually perform, proving they belong. Pavlovich is obviously bouncing back from the loss just fine, but when you're at the UFC level, "give him a break, it's just nerves and better opponents" doesn't really fly anymore.

Please give me some examples?? It's very rare for a fighter of Pavs level to come into the UFC and immediately get a fighter of Reems level who was a consistent top 5-10 for around 8 years and a former title challenger.

As a casualty investigator, for 35 years, who has built court cases for a living, likely longer than you've been alive, — it's not "an argument" — it's evidence.

I'm convinced by the scenario. Pavlovich was helpless, when pressured by a better man.

That same "better man" who was similarly pressured and destroyed by Stipe, in almost exactly the same way.

Insane? <45>

It is exactly the opposite: it is insane to give Pavlovich "too much credit" ... when he folded like a $3 lawn chair, the moment he got pressured by a bigger/stronger man ... who himself folded like a $3 lawn chair, the moment he got pressured and pushed by Stipe.

Pavlovich has beaten absolutely nobody of note. (Just fat, overweight cans.)

Denial ≠ Rebuttal
how is Blaydes a can? he's been in the top 5-10 practically since he got to the UFC.
how is Lewis a can? he fought for the HW belt and interim belt and was in the top 10 when Sergei beat him (early stoppage notwithstanding).
how is Tai a can? he was top 5 HW when Sergei fought him.

top 5 =/= can
title challengers =/= can

just admit you dont like Sergei as a fighter and move on. your bias is clearly showing in your long-winded screeds. getting beaten by Overeem is nothing to be ashamed of because Overeem is one of the best HW strikers of all time.

Sorry... couldn't really think of a poll question.
That's alright, bro, we get the idea. I'm actually kinda sold on Sergei and Aspinall, I like both of them and would love to see a fight between the two. Most here seem to think Jones will retire after Stipe fight, so those two could def be a title fight.

Back