Media Cain KO/Knee Buckle (you look and decide)

before the uppercut Cain is going for a body lock, after the punch his right hand and arm stop motioning for a body lock and they go limp / fall off Ngannou BEFORE his left foot hits the floor and his knee buckles. In my opinion it's pretty clear the punch shut his lights out and he was unable to posture correctly on his left foot.

4IDOsE.gif

Cropcop ankle gave out here... the kick had no effect. If you watch closely, just before the kick lands his ankle comes off the ground from the pain of the freak accident.

frame_06_delay-0.13s.gif

Look how twisted it is when he hits the ground.

frame_26_delay-0.13s.gif

It must have been hitting his head on the canvas and the followup punch that left him unconscious.

Again, can you tell me in which picture you see the uppercut dropping him?
Dude your an idiot the uppercut dropped him which caused him to fall funny on his knee its obvious to anyone not riding Cains Jock Strap

I don't understand why people are caring so much about this. Either way, it only reinforces what we already knew. Francis hits like a sledgehammer, and Cain is a frail old man.

975lpd.jpg

Now imagine that his knee gives out...

Which single frame proves that this happened? Notice how ridiculous that sounds?

Perfect.

So here's Cain getting hit (and you can even see his eyes close in this shitty gif):

O4RxqhV.gif

And here's his head snapping back the opposite way (because when you get rocked that's what happens as your neck muscles go loose and you turn into a bobble head):

JZ3BtfB.gif

And here his arm drops and he starts to crumble despite no further contact with Kongo:

Pi5jWsR.gif

And here he is collapsing straight down, like he's been shot (because that's what happens when you go out for a second and lose control of your legs):

jVioPVE.gif

See? Easy peasy. Now how about someone shows me the same thing for last night's fight?

Cain's knee even buckled during open workouts (time-stamped to 7:45)

It’s funny how in the post fight presser he said the knee giving out was a “freak thing that happened”
It’s not man ... for you is normal

Last edited:
Just looks like he collapsed himself to the ground because of his knee. He landed awkwardly because Ngganou was pushing him backwards in the process. It doesn't look like he lost consciousness at any point.
2KBoshVideoBomb.gif

This is, as far as I can tell, the punch landing (I don't see Cain going limp):

I like this thread, even though we've had a few. Much ebtter tone for discussion and the frame by frame is new.

That said, you can't see a guy going limp in one frame. But after Cain gets hit with an uppercut, his head snaps back and his limbs go limp. In the still shots you provided, this limpness is evident from the increasingly deep bend in both knees and both hands dropping. It's not just one knee giving out. Textbook flash KO. The only reason there is any argument or confusion imo is that during the fight the camera angle made it very difficult to see the punch that hurt Cain. So by the time we pieced together what happened the idea that Cain never got hit had already taken hold.

But it's factually inaccurate. He ate a punch, went limp, and his knee buckled. Cain himself said he got hurt by the punch didn't he. It sucks, but there it is. Probably a combo of Ngannou hitting really damn hard even with short punches, Cain always being prone to getting hurt with strikes, and Cain being way out of his prime.

I also think it is worth noting, and this is a slightly different conversation, that Cain looked bad in the short time he was fighting. A bit flabby, and the high kick he threw didn't look great. He seemed slower than when he torched Travis Browne in his last comeback. Even if the knee isn't overly injured, Cain doesn't seem to have much left.

Perfect.

So here's Cain getting hit (and you can even see his eyes close in this shitty gif):

And here's his head snapping back the opposite way (because when you get rocked that's what happens as your neck muscles go loose and you turn into a bobble head):

And here his arm drops and he starts to crumble despite no further contact with Kongo:

And here he is collapsing straight down, like he's been shot (because that's what happens when you go out for a second and lose control of your legs):

See? Easy peasy. Now how about someone shows me the same thing for last night's fight?

Your descriptions sound like a play by play of this gif:
giphy.gif

Okay. But can you post the frame where that happened? That's why I posted the frames. So we could discuss it by showing each other what we're seeing.
You can't 'go down' in a frame. It requires the context of the punch landing and the body's reaction. Cain's head snaps up, and when it starts to go back down, the torso and limbs collapse in unison with it.

If he only fell due to a knee injury, only the leg would be collapsing while the body would stay strong and upright on the way to the ground.

Some sort of uppercut or short hook lands there, which pretty much dictates the narrative.

At first I thought Cain's knee just blew out, yada yada yada.

Now it looks like Francis lands that uppercut/hook inside (snaps his head back), which causes Cain's left foot to not come down where it should have, which finally causes his knee to buckle.

So instead of the fight being "Cain hurt his knee, and lost" it appears to be "Cain hurt his knee after Francis landed a big shot inside, and lost."

A big difference IMO.

Not gonna lie in fast motion is does kind of look like Cain got KO'd by francis' dick. Great shoop oppurtunity. I would but I can't shoop gifs

Perfect.

O4RxqhV.gif

JZ3BtfB.gif

Pi5jWsR.gif

jVioPVE.gif

First off, you’re not even meeting your own standard here...what is the single frame that is definitive proof?

All you are doing is telling a different story about what is happening in the gif.

The only obvious differences in these two cases is that Cain’s knee didn’t buckle vs. Kongo. If it had, he still would’ve immediately snapped back to consciousness, and he would have screamed in pain, and some people would argue that he wasn’t really out and that the knee giving out was the real problem. And while they would be right, that wouldn’t change the fact that he got dropped.

He got ktfo. No doubt about it. I honestly believe his knee is 100% as we speak. But he has to stick to his story now.

i resurrected myself just to say that mr.216 pics, you are color blind.

its ok you dont see green, they sell glasses and stuff

i broke down the 4,218 pics of the other angle, and in pic 517.5 i see cains head go limp and fall to the left

First KO in UFC history where unconscious fighter screams in pain.

Amazing card.

he ate a knuckle sandwich and lost control of his facilities and blew out his knee.

he never once looked in control of that short fight.

how many high kicks did he throw in 30 seconds? at least 3

Back