Media Cain KO/Knee Buckle (you look and decide)

Velasquez blew his fkin knee out. He'll be back and destroy in vengeance. He always does.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter much. Cain's probably heading back to surgery and will be out another year at the least. I think it was a glancing blow but Cain was so close that Ngannou had leverage to push him back right after and that's when his knee went. Cain didn't react like someone who was KO'd. You could see/hear him scream out in pain when the knee buckled.

Ngannou hits like a truck but Cain's chinny and injury prone. He should retire.

I actually agree with all of this. Especially the part about Cain retiring. There was no way that he was going to win that fight last night. His knee is clearly shot beyond repair if it's collapsing just from planting on it like that and his body in general is badly beaten down.

That’s the right hand that caused Cain’s legs to buckle. Then he landed on the knee wrong. He wasn’t out but it dazed him enough to shut his legs off. Shame Cain hurt his knee in the process. You can see the mis-step as the toes slide into the cage.

But his legs don't buckle with the right hand. His left leg buckles when he puts his knee down. I posted frames. In which frame, prior to him planting his left foot, do you see the legs buckle?

I know it's been done to death, but I haven't seen this done yet, so I figured it might add something. I broke the gif that we've all been looking at into frames. It has 216 images total. I've just pulled out some key images. We can always look at more, if people feel like it.

Anyway, here's what I'm seeing:

This is before the punch lands, just to get a frame of reference on Cain's posture, etc:

ktyWyXp.gif

This is, as far as I can tell, the punch landing (I don't see Cain going limp):

DRlngXe.gif

This is Cain reacting to the punch (to me it looks like his head has snapped up, but he still looks alert and like he's still in control of his body, which has still not gone limp):

GjvCMPk.gif

This is Cain stepping with his left foot, just before the left foot makes contact (to me, it doesn't look like he's out, or like his body is limp):

DBpGHQP.gif

This is Ngannou coming across Cain's face with the forearm and pushing toward Cain's left foot which is just touching down (to me, that right knee looks to be driving, not collapsing, as some have suggested, but Cain does seem to be landing that left leg rather gingerly even as it just touches down):

5O1pxsz.gif

This is the moment Cain's left knee buckles (to me he still looks alert, but his body is definitely going loose here, to my eyes as a result of the knee collapsing and Cain reacting by trying to release tension):

btCbOJC.gif

This is Cain falling back (to me it looks like his body is just collapsing away from the buckled knee, and he still looks alert to me, with no sign of a KO that I can see, flash or otherwise):

ufFYH1s.gif

This is Cain's body really beginning to crumble over his knee (again, he looks alert and, to me, looks to be starting to cry out in pain at this moment, and not when he wakes up with his knee twisted under him as some people are suggesting):

MVCvDJJ.gif

Cain either collapsing over the knee or going limp even further, depending on your perspective (to me it still looks like he's alert and his knee is just buckling under him):

scCUQ5U.gif

And this is the last frame of the gif (unfortunately, because I think there's more to gather from how Cain actually lands and reacts):

3ZeTmB5.gif

Anyway, I know that different people will look at these images and see different things. That's just what I happen to see happening. I figured either way, since it's such a contentious issue, we might as well try to take the closest look possible.

Honestly not looking for a fight. Just open to discuss further and more precisely.

Discuss away.
I've zero doubt that the punch dropped him. The gif shows it pretty clearly imo. If there was damage done to his knee because of the awkward fall, full credit to Francis. Legitimate fight finishing sequence from Ngannou.

Anybody who doesnt see the punch taking out Cain should just leave Sherdog and stop making ridiculous injury threads.

Leave the discussion boards for people that know what the fuck they are watching.

To me it looks like he goes out from the uppercut.

Okay. But can you post the frame where that happened? That's why I posted the frames. So we could discuss it by showing each other what we're seeing.

Anybody who doesnt see the punch taking out Cain should just leave Sherdog and stop making ridiculous injury threads.

Leave the discussion boards for people that know what the fuck they are watching.

I don't see why no one will just post the frame where this happens. I posted frames to show you what I saw. I'm open to having my mind changed, but just show me first. The gif I used has 216 frames. You can split it up on any number of free websites. Why won't anyone just split it up and show me?

I see the shot land, and the head move, but Cain's body control seems fine until he plants the foot, and I don't see a dead stare in his eyes at any point. I've looked at all 216 frames and I don't see it in a single one. Split the gif yourself and find me the frame I'm missing.
It’s kind of a ridiculous request. When is there EVER a single frame that is the definitive proof of a flash knockout? Why would you be able to see it in a particular frame? That’s not the standard of proof.

The fact that his left arm goes limp is a pretty good indicator. The fact that his eyes are—presumably—tracking Francis’ cock or not tracking anything at all is another clue.

FantasticPinkGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

I've zero doubt that the punch dropped him. The gif shows it pretty clearly imo. If there was damage done to his knee because of the awkward fall, full credit to Francis. Legitimate fight finishing sequence from Ngannou.

The images in my OP are taken from the gif. Which one of those images shows the punch dropping him?

The images in my OP are taken from the gif. Which one of those images shows the punch dropping him?

975lpd.jpg

Now imagine that his knee gives out...

Which single frame proves that this happened? Notice how ridiculous that sounds?

It’s kind of a ridiculous request. When is there EVER a single frame that is the definitive proof of a flash knockout? Why would you be able to see it in a particular frame? That’s not the standard of proof.

The fact that his left arm goes limp is a pretty good indicator. The fact that his eyes are—presumably—tracking Francis’ cock or not tracking anything at all is another clue.

FantasticPinkGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

Actually, it's generally pretty easy to prove a KO with a single frame:

884616004.jpg.1514938614.jpg

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

In fact, if you post a gif of a guy getting KOd, flash or otherwise, I bet you I can split it into frames and show you a single frame (or a two or three frames) proving that it happened.

Last edited:
I can't see why there is any discussion or debate about it. He hurt his knee because he went down after being hit with two hard uppercuts. you just have to pay close attention to the slow-mo gif, watch Cain's head move both times, and notice his body going limp with each punch.

I know he landed, and I know it snapped Cain's head up. But Cain doesn't buckle until he plants his foot. Not in that gif, either.

Short right hand turns his lights out for a millisecond and he mis-stepped.

Actually, it's generally pretty easy to prove a KO with a single frame:

884616004.jpg.1514938614.jpg

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

In fact, if you post a gif of a guy getting KOd, flash or otherwise, I bet you I can split it into frames and show you a single frame proving that it happened.

Not flash KO’s. Not relevant.

Already posted one, but here’s another.

2_medium.gif

Now, imagine Kongo’s knee went out (which, by all rights, it should’ve.)

If you're even "flash" ko'd you're not going to be yelling out in pain when your knee buckles.

But I guess Anik said Fran KO'd Cain so . . .

<NoneOfMy>

Back