Media Cain KO/Knee Buckle (you look and decide)

all 4 of his limbs and neck gave out right after he got cracked hard by the right uppercut. Flash KO, he recovered quickly but his knee was fucked. It wouldnt have mattered he was always going to be KO/TKOd in this match up
bahahah you are fuckin dumb

Anyway, here's what I'm seeing:

This is before the punch lands, just to get a frame of reference on Cain's posture, etc:
ktyWyXp.gif

Discuss away.

Who should take responsibility for Cain's weird frog stance that eventually led (if not for the punch) to the injury to begin with...?

His head, arms, legs are all in different directions.

It looks like the punch wobbled Cain which caused him to move his left leg that collapsed afterwards. Ngannou caused the loss but the punch did not put Cain out.

His knees buckled up after the uppercut. What is there to debate anymore?

He got hit with a uppercut that he didnt see coming and thats the shots that hurt fighters the most. When he was going down he hurt his knee same style like cro cop got head kicked by gonzaga and hurt his leg. First I felt sorry for cain but then when he said in the post fight press conference that he wasnt hurt by punch he only twisted his knee I lost all respect for him. The best thing from this fight is we can see the progress of Francis. He's not running at a opponent and throwing haymakers like in stipe fight but at the same time he's not gun shy like in Lewis fight. I believe he will be the champion by the end of 2019.

His reaction when he hit the ground it was one of obvious pain and discomfort. There’s no question there is something wrong with his knee. However he did get hit. I think he was going to get knocked out eventually.

I’m happy Ngannou won, but to be honest, that wasn’t a KO at all. That was a TKO due to an injury to a knee. It did seem like it was a KO from the angle on the broadcast (which is the same as that shown on the pics posted by TS), however, the replay (which included other angles) clearly showed that Cain was never out. Just a very unfortunate injury there. However, he seemed fine afterwards, was able to get back to his feet to congratulate Ngannou, so hopefully it won’t put him on the shelf for another 2 years.

Even though you can't see the punch land on the chin, I thought the sequence was more obvious from the angle they used live.
Although they changed camera just as it happened, so you have to slow it down to see it properly.

He got caught with a short hard shot, because he was rocked he lost his balance and buckled his leg. The shot is what caused this though and Francis deserves credit.

First KO in UFC history where unconscious fighter screams in pain.

Amazing card.
You don't have to be unconscious to be TKO'd. He was cleanly dropped by a punch, that is a fact.

I know he landed, and I know it snapped Cain's head up. But Cain doesn't buckle until he plants his foot. Not in that gif, either.
I see Cain start sliding down immediately after his head pops up. I also see Cain start sliding back while his knees slide forward.

Neither would I associate with a takedown. Both I would associate with unconsciousness.

The reason breaking it down wouldn't really work is because it all happened within 2 seconds. The moment that punch lands in real time he goes down. You're literally breaking down milliseconds judging if hes fine or not after the punch lands.

Here’s what I saw.

A right uppercut rocks him and his legs give out.
But Francis defends with his left hand across Cain’s face and pushes him backwards.
So now Cain collapses in a grotesque way for his left knee.

Uppercut stunned him which caused him to lose balance and when he planted his foot, his knee gave out. Yes, it's a bit fluky but it's like Coleman/Shogun. Shogun posted and broke his arm to break the fall but it was still the Coleman takedown that put him in that position.

Ultimately it was the knee giving out that stopped the fight but it wouldn't have given out if the uppercut didn't cause him to plant like that.

You don't have to be unconscious to be TKO'd. He was cleanly dropped by a punch, that is a fact.
Lol, go watch the video zoomed in.

He started screaming the moment the uppercut landed while still standing because he switched his left legs position and it buckled. He wasn't out, his knee gave out.

Back