Media Cain KO/Knee Buckle (you look and decide)

Just looks like he collapsed himself to the ground because of his knee. He landed awkwardly because Ngganou was pushing him backwards in the process. It doesn't look like he lost consciousness at any point.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Pretty obvious from the gif that he knocks himself out by headbutting Ngannou's abs so case closed for me

i watched the fight in real time and a few times again and watched the replays. Still shots can be deceiving

Sometimes. But sometimes real time can be deceiving because things are happening in very close succession. That's why still frames are the best way to determine the winners of races, or if a runner is safe or out at first.

Here, we have two things happen very close together (Cain getting hit, and Cain's knee buckling), one of them leading to a third (Cain crumbling to the mat). The discussion has been which of the first two lead to the third. Perfect situation to freeze the action and see.

This video will never be not relevant lmao

But the fight ended because of a flash KO anyways.

I'm not sure why we're debating what happened.

1) He DID get hit by an uppercut.
2) He did NOT get KOed by it.
3) He DID get somewhat rocked/wobbled/however by it. To what extent, does it really matter??
4) After that his knee DID give up (Whether the punch started it or merely enhanced it, it does NOT matter)
5) When he fell, his leg was in awkward position and probably fcked his knee even more.

Is it really hard to see this is what happened? o_O

Well if it wasn't for that punch, his knee would be fine. It definitely counts as a KO in my mind

I'm not sure why we're debating which happened.

1) He DID get hit by an uppercut.
2) He did NOT get KOed by it.
3) He DID get somewhat rocked/wobbled/however by it. To what extent, does it really matter??
4) After that his knee DID give up (Whether the punch started it or merely enhanced it, it does NOT matter)
5) When he fell, his leg was in awkward position and probably fcked his knee even more.

Is it really hard to see this is what happened? o_O

I feel like we're just debating it a little because Cain says his knee was the issue, and so did Dom, and some people think he was flash KOd, so we're taking a look and trying to decide which.

Seems like an okay discussion to have.

I'm certainly not arguing that it was some sort of flukey injury and that Cain would win the rematch. To the contrary, it looks to me like Cain's knee is just shot and that it was destined to buckle under him last night and will be destined to buckle under him at any point in the future. No fluke. Just a broken body. Should never fight again.

Well if it wasn't for that punch, his knee would be fine. It definitely counts as a KO in my mind

But that's the question. Does the punch cause the knee to buckle? Or is it just the awkward step he takes while being cross-faced, all of which happen after, and not as a result of the punch?

That isn't a pic. It's 216 pics. I've looked at them all, and I don't see that happen in a single one. Split the gif yourself and give it a look. Once you've found the frame where what you said happened happens, post that.

I know it's been done to death, but I haven't seen this done yet, so I figured it might add something. I broke the gif that we've all been looking at into frames. It has 216 images total. I've just pulled out some key images. We can always look at more, if people feel like it.

Anyway, here's what I'm seeing:

This is before the punch lands, just to get a frame of reference on Cain's posture, etc:

ktyWyXp.gif

This is, as far as I can tell, the punch landing (I don't see Cain going limp):

DRlngXe.gif

This is Cain reacting to the punch (to me it looks like his head has snapped up, but he still looks alert and like he's still in control of his body, which has still not gone limp):

GjvCMPk.gif

This is Cain stepping with his left foot, just before the left foot makes contact (to me, it doesn't look like he's out, or like his body is limp):

DBpGHQP.gif

This is Ngannou coming across Cain's face with the forearm and pushing toward Cain's left foot which is just touching down (to me, that right knee looks to be driving, not collapsing, as some have suggested, but Cain does seem to be landing that left leg rather gingerly even as it just touches down):

5O1pxsz.gif

This is the moment Cain's left knee buckles (to me he still looks alert, but his body is definitely going loose here, to my eyes as a result of the knee collapsing and Cain reacting by trying to release tension):

btCbOJC.gif

This is Cain falling back (to me it looks like his body is just collapsing away from the buckled knee, and he still looks alert to me, with no sign of a KO that I can see, flash or otherwise):

ufFYH1s.gif

This is Cain's body really beginning to crumble over his knee (again, he looks alert and, to me, looks to be starting to cry out in pain at this moment, and not when he wakes up with his knee twisted under him as some people are suggesting):

MVCvDJJ.gif

Cain either collapsing over the knee or going limp even further, depending on your perspective (to me it still looks like he's alert and his knee is just buckling under him):

scCUQ5U.gif

And this is the last frame of the gif (unfortunately, because I think there's more to gather from how Cain actually lands and reacts):

3ZeTmB5.gif

Anyway, I know that different people will look at these images and see different things. That's just what I happen to see happening. I figured either way, since it's such a contentious issue, we might as well try to take the closest look possible.

Honestly not looking for a fight. Just open to discuss further and more precisely.

Discuss away.
Let me set the record straight

Cain's knee exploded .5 seconds before he was bopped by an uppercut, and when he stepped out after the bopp his knee was already dead and he got no support from his leg thus collapsing and screaming on the way down

Nobody in the history of the sport has been KOed and screamed on the way down to the canvas, as Gödel proved

Thus, the bopp was incidental and the main reason for his loss was his exploding knee.

See images below for proof

Before Bopp:
V2qNMlQ7S3eyDhOmEg8ZuA.png

MDxpwIPrTmG5t8s6IpAZSg.png

The knee is buckling here and clearly exploding as is evident by the awkward angling
DDgLfSVyQmGIq4Uy94o-hw.png

UyUZ18IJTtGy5Lbvxy_7kA.png

This is right after the bopping
9TO4tJ2sS521L7IzlrEFug.png

ClX2BxM7TCy9iSrxrhwH4g.png

mAOtvcvzTl_rXYvyC6wVEQ.png

Foot already completely cooked due to knee having been exploded
YLAUpN2WStee-Jy1qV-Q_Q.png

TA1rdXuRRX2J391KpWrNXg.png

Cain screaming for his life due to collapsed knee, not due to bopp, as Gödel proved
<Gordonhat>

Cain doesn't look out, rocked maybe.

To me it looks like the punch lifts his leg from the ground and when he steps on it again meets the cage and gets all crooked.

Like there was a second shooter.

Can you direct me to the pic where this happens?

Watch as Ngannou’s right hand move toward Cain (it’s blocked, but you can imagine, I’m sure) then look at Cain’s head jerk upward and twist. Also note the ripples appearing on his face, and look at the dead stare in his eyes as he slinks away into the shadow realm...

giphy.gif

Ultimately, it doesn't matter much. Cain's probably heading back to surgery and will be out another year at the least. I think it was a glancing blow but Cain was so close that Ngannou had leverage to push him back right after and that's when his knee went. Cain didn't react like someone who was KO'd. You could see/hear him scream out in pain when the knee buckled.

Ngannou hits like a truck but Cain's chinny and injury prone. He should retire.

Watch as Ngannou’s right hand move toward Cain (it’s blocked, but you can imagine, I’m sure) then look at Cain’s head jerk upward and twist. Also note the ripples appearing on his face, and look at the dead stare in his eyes as he slinks away into the shadow realm...

giphy.gif

I see the shot land, and the head move, but Cain's body control seems fine until he plants the foot, and I don't see a dead stare in his eyes at any point. I've looked at all 216 frames and I don't see it in a single one. Split the gif yourself and find me the frame I'm missing.

That’s the right hand that caused Cain’s legs to buckle. Then he landed on the knee wrong. He wasn’t out but it dazed him enough to shut his legs off. Shame Cain hurt his knee in the process. You can see the mis-step as the toes slide into the cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back