Buying the ufc for 4B$ = worst deal in the sport history ?

Oh, I think the fighter pay will go up significantly as it grows. I see it going up significantly now and I expect it to increase on a drastic incline. McGregor made 18 million in declared fighting income last year, that's big and many more fighters will join him soon.

Many? Are you joking? Please tell me yes my heart is fragile bud

Nhl/nba/name it in the big sport, they all have athletes who are making 500k per year. Average salary

In the ufc the average fighter = 50k per year, and im assuming he is fighting two times in a year + catching one bonus can upgrade his income.
But beside of that they dnt make any money in comparison, plus the career is short, more stress, etc etc... And we talking about ufc here.
Dnt forget those bellator or one fc fighters.

Why do u think that ufc fighters are thinking about a syndicate?
Karl marx and the 19th century lmao, that is not a good sign if its the most talented trash talkers who get the few big checks.

because i cnt see the ufc continue their upward curve for the next five years.
golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

4b was the price back in 2012 imo.
Do they have something in their minds? Making superfights with boxing stars?

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.
Go ahead and show me the empirical evidence based upon your advanced business knowledge and specifically knowledge of entertainment industries that proves this is a bad deal. I can list numerous ways that the UFC is easily worth 4B, and apparently WME believes they are also. But that's ok I really believe you random guy over the internet instead of a 26B+ valued company.

The ufc made 600 million dollars last year. When you can spend 4 billion, and get your money back in 7-8 years, it's a great investment.
The generated 600M in revenue, profit was closer to 200M.

trumpusfl.jpg

Sure.

Go ahead and show me the empirical evidence based upon your advanced business knowledge and specifically knowledge of entertainment industries that proves this is a bad deal. I can list numerous ways that the UFC is easily worth 4B, and apparently WME believes they are also. But that's ok I really believe you random guy over the internet instead of a 26B+ valued company.

Read the thread i already respond to your poor arguments and moral judgment.

Its not a thread about me or the wonderful brave and smart WME ceos, its a thread about a deal where wme screwed.
Shits happend.

Its like im talking to the WME fan club outhere, do i made fun of them? Im just speaking about a simple deal.

arguments? Ppv numbers, lack of stars, no innovation,less hype people move on, usada, bad deal with reebook (we didnt mentioned reebook lol, what a shitty deal that was tho), roster wants to syndicate themself, so salary are bad, etc etc...

Ufc is not worthing 4b of $ bud

With very wealthy people it's never about just straight profit. They can use the losses as tax right off could travel almost anyw

Sorry my phone glitched. They write off travel, it is difficult to know all the angles they are looking at.

Nah worst is easily when the retarded New York Islanders "sold" their NHL team for like $200-million to some guy who was only worth like $3-million dollars with everything liquidated lmao.

Funny enough in that short time he was acting owner he got a new coach and signed a great TV deal.

sorry ts but u just dont have the slightest clue about business and how companies distinguish their worth. leave the pricing to the experts

I'm sure they know quite a bit more about what the UFC is worth than some bum on Sherdog. They are looking at new markets which the UFC has heretofore not penetrated and more importantly TV rights. Not to mention they can boost the UFCs profile by synergy with their other media properties. But look, even if you are right, it's not your money they are spending.

KKR doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to buying companies. They have so much money they only know how to spend it. They have no business in MMA and will squeez every penny out of it for a year or two not worrying about the future of the sport.

I do and then? The deal is bad, history show how much ceos made some of the worst deals of the history.

U seems to not understand how buisness works, im not judging them or making fun of them, in fact i dnt care, im telling u guys that the deal is a big scam.

Americans u giving too much attention on the capitalism attraction, im not telling u that those guys are dummyz in general. They just made a bad deal, shits happend
You are piping off and saying how bad the deal is and how much anyone who challenges you doesn't know, but the fact is there is no way to tell for quite some time. You don't make a deal like this with only a short term vision so I stop looking at what you think the current shape of the UFC/MMA is. Try looking at what can happen farther down the road. They could be looking at growing the footprint or partnering up with more than just reebok. Ton of people you encounter these days practice BJJ, but it has yet to make it into schools like wrestling has. If you actually had half the business savvy you pretend to you would think far more in terms of potential and less like a defeatist.
I would really think about my response if I were you because this is a topic I could go on about.

USADA is going to kill the UFC

You are thinking years, they are thinking decades. They basically bought the sport.

Bellator is still here, who knows if someone can pay more?
Maybe fighters will jump off the boat

But u right guys, maybe the know their shits. But 4b damn tho

Many? Are you joking? Please tell me yes my heart is fragile bud

Nhl/nba/name it in the big sport, they all have athletes who are making 500k per year. Average salary

In the ufc the average fighter = 50k per year, and im assuming he is fighting two times in a year + catching one bonus can upgrade his income.
But beside of that they dnt make any money in comparison, plus the career is short, more stress, etc etc... And we talking about ufc here.
Dnt forget those bellator or one fc fighters.

Why do u think that ufc fighters are thinking about a syndicate?
Karl marx and the 19th century lmao, that is not a good sign if its the most talented trash talkers who get the few big checks.
I didn't say the fighters would collectively be part of the reason that many others get up to that 18 million dollar a year mark. To put it into perspective for you, the NBA's MVP made 12 million last season and will again this season. There is more money to be spread around but the UFC will always be paying a lot of their fighters 20/20 a fight or 30/30 that's the nature of fighting. I'm just saying that the stars in the UFC are starting to get paid and will get paid even more as things move on.

Back