Buying the ufc for 4B$ = worst deal in the sport history ?

So you think one of the biggest firms in the world with ivy league trained accountants and financial analysts are just wrong? There are stars that can be marketed like Michael Page who isnt currently with the UFC (aka room to grow) There is an entire continent with most of the worlds population where they dont have a foothold (aka room to grow) so yes there is room to grow. Massive, Massive room to grow. Just because there is market saturation in Brazil and Las Vegas does not mean there is world wide.

ufc already parcoured the world, i dnt get your argument we are talking about 4 billions of $

What is the ROI expectation? U are not going to spend 30 years to make big profits.

Imo there is no next level beside superfights

I'm going to say yes, but only because I am completely ignorant to the whole business side of it.

I think UFC's potential hasn't even been tapped yet. It's an extremely young sport. Look at the list of champions. Some divisions have only had 1 and 2 champions in history.

As long as the owners are smart, they can expand the UFC to a truly worldwide basis and build individual markets. Places like China, India, Norway, Mexico, Spain, Italy and the Middle East are ripe for the picking. Everyone in the world can relate to fighting and as long as you start small in these areas with TUF-like shows, I can easily see it catching on in a big way.

because i cnt see the ufc continue their upward curve for the next five years.
golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

Golden years? I thought those were the years of injuries and people complaining the sport was going downhill.

i don't even know how much my car is worth, so....

golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

4b was the price back in 2012 imo.
Do they have something in their minds? Making superfights with boxing stars?

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.
Golden years past? LOL. Have you ever taken a single business class? The infrastructure is in place, the UFC is constantly peaking. Strong market dominance. Strong, world recognized brand. Big media outlets, PPV options, Extensive pay for use entertainment library/catalog/subscriptions. Yeah, spending 4B to net 2-XB is definitely not the worst decision.

Uh it's going to be impossible to beat the pride deal when it comes to shit deals
Pride was bought for 70 million. The ufc just got sold for 4 billion. How the fuck was the pride deal worse?

I mean its not like they have an army of lawyers, and business majors
They should have done their due diligence and checked on sherdog first, then they would've known the UFC is dying

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.
Dana got 9%. You are jumping to hasty conclusions which is never good. No I don't think new ownership wants to do any boxing crossover fights... I may be wrong on that but it's my gut reaction. As for how MMA gets to the next level, that is simple. It's an extremely young sport and is just now starting to get mainstream news and sporting news coverage. That means more young people are exposed to it as a sport they can set a goal to be part of. Those young people end up being bigger stars because MMA will be drawing from a far bigger talent pool. The fan base is also new and when you look at the trajectory it is growing as well. So MMA is well on it's way to the next level. It can aspire to be bigger than boxing and the NHL.

What is your native language?

French its on my pseudo dude -_-...
my english is that bad?

Guys u talking about other countries, but you not understand one thing: they are not waiting on the ufc.

Do you know what is the first sport in those countries?
Soccer. Or football like we say

Beside a "mode effect" i cnt see the ufc establishing something outhere, people in europe are not that much big fan of the ufc.

Its a bad deal u will see, dana and the fert brothers told salads they won lol

Dana got 9%. You are jumping to hasty conclusions which is never good. No I don't think new ownership wants to do any boxing crossover fights... I may be wrong on that but it's my gut reaction. As for how MMA gets to the next level, that is simple. It's an extremely young sport and is just now starting to get mainstream news and sporting news coverage. That means more young people are exposed to it as a sport they can set a goal to be part of. Those young people end up being bigger stars because MMA will be drawing from a far bigger talent pool. The fan base is also new and when you look at the trajectory it is growing as well. So MMA is well on it's way to the next level. It can aspire to be bigger than boxing and the NHL.

For that u need to pay those people more money, not the case bud and they start to realise that ppl are making money on their back.
Few get the big checks, the others cnt even make 20k per year.

U talking about nhl, lol

Great analysis. I'm glad someone with as much experience with this as you has looked into this as much as you have, unlike the idiot buyers.

They are looking at this like a long term investment. Ask this question in 5 to 10 years.

Yes your right TS, I totally agree.

The ufc made 600 million dollars last year. When you can spend 4 billion, and get your money back in 7-8 years, it's a great investment.

That's why you're a sherdog pster and they are the businessmen

Back