Buying the ufc for 4B$ = worst deal in the sport history ?

FrenchHeavyWeight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
because i cnt see the ufc continue their upward curve for the next five years.
golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

4b was the price back in 2012 imo.
Do they have something in their minds? Making superfights with boxing stars?

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.

Even with some major flaws its not going anywhere , is it worth 4 billion who knows.

tumblr_inline_mvns87tg4k1rql7h5.gif

Yeah those idiots probably had no idea what they were doing

golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.
Did Dana sell his shares or 10% or w/e the hell it is?

The future growth is all about getting into Asia.....

And revenue wise, 2015 was the UFC's best year...so acting like they made more money back in 2012 is false.

I wouldn´t, but obviously they´re on to something

It was worth whatever someone was willing to pay for it.

But hey. This is sherdog where shertards are clearly smarter than multi-billion dollar firms.

Theres a lot of potential, we just saw recently how fast stars can be created under proper circumstances (ronda holly conor), so who knows what the plan is

It was worth whatever someone was willing to pay for it.

But hey. This is sherdog where shertards are clearly smarter than multi-billion dollar firms.

multi billion ceo can be sometimes more dumb than your average local ceo in your city dude.

We have plenty of examples of bad deals, ask obama.

Uh it's going to be impossible to beat the pride deal when it comes to shit deals

another "UFC is dying brah!" thread, nothing new to see here

Last edited:
So you think one of the biggest firms in the world with ivy league trained accountants and financial analysts are just wrong? There are stars that can be marketed like Michael Page who isnt currently with the UFC (aka room to grow) There is an entire continent with most of the worlds population where they dont have a foothold (aka room to grow) so yes there is room to grow. Massive, Massive room to grow. Just because there is market saturation in Brazil and Las Vegas does not mean there is world wide.

So you think one of the biggest firms in the world with ivy league trained accountants and financial analysts are just wrong? There are stars that can be marketed like Michael Page who isnt currently with the UFC (aka room to grow) There is an entire continent with most of the worlds population where they dont have a foothold (aka room to grow) so yes there is room to grow. Massive, Massive room to grow. Just because there is market saturation in Brazil and Las Vegas does not mean there is world wide.

Nah. These ivy league trained accountants are clearly cluess. UFC is dying bro.

Back