Buying the ufc for 4B$ = worst deal in the sport history ?

just for a event in ME they gave 10%...?!

I know that u need to be sponsorised outhere but weird move by the ufc

They expected to make a lot in that market (did not happen), but they did not give 10%, they sold 10%

2012 was a notoriously bad year for the UFC. Dana mentions that even to date.

They can put a limited amount like WWE did.
Vince is still in control

Still, easy out if people really think WME are stupid. People just don't understand what you can do when you acquire a business. They pretty much cannot lose unless they miscalculate finances too late. Even if ship sinks they still can make money!

Still, easy out if people really think WME are stupid. People just don't understand what you can do when you acquire a business. They pretty much cannot lose unless they miscalculate finances too late. Even if ship sinks they still can make money!

If you ever see my post, you will know I am on the same page my man.
Even if UFC breaks even every year, WME will be ahead because it makes their portfolio better.
People judging solely by PPV, don't get it.
PPV is 30% of UFC's bottom line. They can do 50% less in PPV & they will still bank money, because existing deals they have that go up every year.
So right now if by years end, UFC does 1/2 the PPV they did in 2015 they will make about the same profit because other deals gone up 10-15%

it might have been worth 4 billion with active conor & champion ronda.

now that both of them are gone, its probably a bad deal.

If you ever see my post, you will know I am on the same page my man.
Even if UFC breaks even every year, WME will be ahead because it makes their portfolio better.

Read this again please

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about

Don't think that buying it was a bad deal. I do believe that 4 billion was too much though. Specially since it's loaned money with interest and all.

Your reply pretty much proved my point, so I thank you.

How so?

You think a business that breaks even is not losing. A company that doesn't hit certain thresholds in profits are automatically considered losers.

Having so much money tied up in something that isn't doing something for you is ridiculously bad.

The problem with most people like you is that you consider physical businesses different from other investments.

How so?

You think a business that breaks even is not losing. A company that doesn't hit certain thresholds in profits are automatically considered losers.

Having so much money tied up in something that isn't doing something for you is ridiculously bad.

The problem with most people like you is that you consider physical businesses different from other investments.

You are not versed in this ... no offense.
Just by adding UFC to their portfolio is a win for a company like WME that looks to make bigger deals & gain strength in new markets. It also makes WME a lot more valuable should they sell or go public.
Not that UFC is one, but it is called a "loss leader" in business.
WME is a stronger company by just having UFC added to its expansion plans.
They are also looking to implement their strategy as far as distribution in 2019, so they cannot even be judged until 2020 the earliest (when they are a year into their game plan)
By that time they might bring on a partner (Fox?) that they can do other entertainment deals with as well & that would never have occurred with UFC.
If you were versed in this, you would know these are all keys to their business strategy, much more than an Aldo PPV & why they are not in any panic (as much as some on here wish they were).

Next time you respond in an attack mode, make sure you have a clue where the convo might lead ... ;)

because i cnt see the ufc continue their upward curve for the next five years.
golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

4b was the price back in 2012 imo.
Do they have something in their minds? Making superfights with boxing stars?

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.

Of the fighters who have headlined multiple million-plus PPV buys, the only ones still active in the UFC are McGregor, Anderson, Weismann and Nunez.

Does that sound like a business worth $4 billion?

I cant see value at the price.

But maybe they have something planned like starting a boxing league or something.

My old calcs had them getting like 4% return for a risky investment which says growth is the plan.

Nah. These ivy league trained accountants are clearly cluess. UFC is dying bro.

Heard of enron?

Not around anymore.

Heard of enron?

Not around anymore.

Heard of Google?

The fuck is your point? No one said they're infallible, but to even insinuate shertards know better is beyond a level of stupidity so incomprehensible even to the likes of Stephen Hawkings.

Back