Buying the ufc for 4B$ = worst deal in the sport history ?

Great deal. I have faith they will continuously rise the ranks in popularity. Especially with the newfound money to give it the extra push

They plan on selling stock to the public so no.

I imagine if this happens they'll rake in a few billion and still retain majority share holder position.

WME is in it for the long haul things are a little messy right now but will improve.

They'll go into Asia, like the WWE has done, in particular India, put the strap on an Indian like the WWE recently did, and there you go lol, huge money, huge numbers, the product has just reached its plateau in the US, it can be marketed around the world easier than other products where Asians won't even come close to competing in, ex NFL, NBA, NHL,...its the Asian market in particular where MMA can thrive if given the right timing and up and coming fighters.

Yeah those idiots probably had no idea what they were doing

I love how that's an argument.

Because no one has ever made a poor multi-billion dollar business decision before.

This would be the first one.

So you think one of the biggest firms in the world with ivy league trained accountants and financial analysts are just wrong? There are stars that can be marketed like Michael Page who isnt currently with the UFC (aka room to grow) There is an entire continent with most of the worlds population where they dont have a foothold (aka room to grow) so yes there is room to grow. Massive, Massive room to grow. Just because there is market saturation in Brazil and Las Vegas does not mean there is world wide.

Mega corporations make massive errors on a regular basis. Sometimes they even go bankrupt.

It's way too early to tell if this was or was not a poor business move... but the idea that just because a multi-billion dollar corporation makes a multi-billion dollar purchase, that purchase must be a good one because, "hey, they're not idiots," is pretty naive.

My only complaint is that Dana doesn't own 100% of the company.

because i cnt see the ufc continue their upward curve for the next five years.
golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

4b was the price back in 2012 imo.
Do they have something in their minds? Making superfights with boxing stars?

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.

Sorry, but you are wrong.
MMA is stable now, with global audience.
yes, they might not be able to profit as much as before, and most of their superstars are now old or lost or are suspended our playing boxing... but new will come and it will continue.

What is out of the window is these shortcuts and freak fights.

IMO MMA will stabilize, rules will start being applied to everyone, and fighters pay will increase (especially due to competition).
But that does not mean UFC won't make money, only that they will make less profit for the owners which means it will take longer to see their money back. But they will eventually.

The future growth is all about getting into Asia.....

And revenue wise, 2015 was the UFC's best year...so acting like they made more money back in 2012 is false.

I dunno... I think there's a fairly decent chance they made more money in 2012.

Revenues may have been higher in 2015, but costs were clearly higher as well.

I dunno... I think there's a fairly decent chance they made more money in 2012.

Revenues may have been higher in 2015, but costs were clearly higher as well.

pretty sure the numbers were released during/after the sale...and 15 was the best year
or maybe it was 2016....there were six 1million buy ppvs in 2016

It wouldn't have been a bad decision if they actually knew how to run the damn company. The purchase itself wasn't a bad idea, it's everything they've been doing afterward that's going to drive them into the ground if they stay on the same path (such as questionable matchmaking and refusing to pay top-ranked fighters enough to keep them signed). They still definitely have a chance to turn it around, though.

because i cnt see the ufc continue their upward curve for the next five years.
golden years already passed, between 2012-2014 ufc was that "forbidden" thing where even boxers were skeptical (jealousy of the hype of course, and some disdain too)

4b was the price back in 2012 imo.
Do they have something in their minds? Making superfights with boxing stars?

You not sell it again coz nobody will buy, so you wants more of that upward curve... Where the fck is mma going to the next level? i cnt see it we already have the big fights.

Im sure dana know it too, he probably had a good laugh when he saw that 10% in his bank account.
Not the worst deal in history but one of the worst in recent history. It will take them 20 years to make a profit off that if they are even still going.

pretty sure the numbers were released during/after the sale...and 15 was the best year
or maybe it was 2016....there were six 1million buy ppvs in 2016

Revenues are not profits.

In fact, if you want to purchase a business based on its revenues, I have one that I will sell you.

Revenues are not profits.

In fact, if you want to purchase a business based on its revenues, I have one that I will sell you.

yup and I was referring to profit....there are plenty of articles on it. feel free to loogle it

didn't say the word revenue or profit in my post...but thanks for trying to act superior.

Yea cause we know it takes one year to make 4 billion dollars back? They invest 4 billion, I'm sure they are in it for the long haul.

It took like what 10 years for zuffa to create a company that was sold for 4billion. Let see what wme can do in ten years.

Certainly not a great deal, is it?

Lorenzo is a genius.

Back