• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Brunson wonders about NBA players' pay.

e8b8c3382ef0d4cebd3a69e4e6a31fc5.gif

Pretty sure everyone doesn't make that much in the NBA. Also, each team has it's own budget and financial situations. Stupid tweet by a dude that should be looking for a fight.
rookie in the NBA makes a minimum of $893,310 to play in the NBA, that's not bad compared to the lowest paid UFC fighters

They get half of the revenue. Ufc only gives fighters 20%
Do they? I honestly have no idea, but off course the television deals, merchandise,sponsordeals surpass the UFC's by a lot

It's pretty obvious he's the one who makes important decisions and has the final say now, especially on salary, but if you believe differently that's perfectly fine.

I doubt it tbh, I'm sure he's part of the decision but he's the promoter not the guy signing the cheques.

Do they? I honestly have no idea, but off course the television deals, merchandise,sponsordeals surpass the UFC's by a lot
Yes but they have a union and it's franchised so yeah

I think this is in response to Gordon Hayward’s new contract for the Hornets

They get half of the revenue. Ufc only gives fighters 20%

"20 puh cent? Dana's rippin' us off fo' anutha turty! Dis is BULLshit!"--reference from The Sopranos

It has nothing to do with who's running the organization. The NBA players' salaries are the way they are because of the NBA Player's Association (Union). Same with the NFL, NHL, MLB, etc.

Also, Dana doesn't run the UFC. He's just the figure head, I'm starting to realize. The owners and major investors run the organization.

Most of Sherdog doesn't understand how business works...

I'm almost always for fighter pay increases but the biggest discrepancy between MMA fighter pay and other top athletes is more due to the other athletes being overpaid than fighters being underpaid.

I guess sports fans just got so jaded over time after reading about these multi million dollar contracts year after year that we just forget the main verb to describe their job is "play" and how non-integral they are to society. I remember that being a bigger complaint from people a decade or two ago.

Don't get me wrong, they should have full coverage for their sacrifices, and full retirement options because of their limited competitive windows, but there's a difference between being protected and living in diamond encrusted baller mansions with 3 pools and a movie theater. I like watching you throw a ball, but not that fucking much.

rookie in the NBA makes a minimum of $893,310 to play in the NBA, that's not bad compared to the lowest paid UFC fighters
If he's trying to use NBA pay to start talks about pay in mma, all I'm saying is he should use facts and not make stuff up. I'd take that rookie pay for sure. Someone at work asked me if I'd play or but be a bench warmer. I said fuck yeah.

how many fight kits does Brunson sell?

i bet its not nearly as many jersey's that Jalen Brunson of the Dallas Mavericks sells

lol all of these literal interpretations. He obviously was making a point with what he was saying; he wasn't literally asking the question..

Back