Bruce Buffer Needs To Keep His Mitts Off The Fighters Pre-Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try and be part of the show? He has been a part of the show for a long ass time. You ever hear a whole crowd of fans screaming his tag lines along with him? Sometimes not even English speaking locations.

Thread sucks, like really sucks. Shitty take. Nobody is forcing a fighter to stand in front of Buffer and fist bump him, anyways.
Why does he need to touch the fighters. Watch Aloe Vera, he was distracted and bothered by Bruce hovering and offered a fist just to get him to piss off.

But he doesn't need to seek out contact from the fighters before they fight.

He doesn't do it to every fighter.

The fighters are probably given a choice to opt-in on the fistbump during the pre-pro phase of the show that he is indeed a part of.

He doesn't do it to every fighter.

The fighters are probably given a choice to opt-in on the fistbump during the pre-pro phase of the show that he is indeed a part of.
It looked like Aloe Vera was really bothered by Buff and felt obligated to fist him just to get Bruce to get out of his face.

But I don't think fist bumping the fighters hypes up anyone but himself. It just makes it about himself when he's just there to create staging, mood, and hype.

There is one fighter that comes to mind. TJ Dillashaw comes to mind as someone who loves Buffer.

Z7HeRxU.png

Seriously, if Bruce offering you a fistbump is enough to throw you off, you don't belong in the big leagues

It looked like Aloe Vera was really bothered by Buff and felt obligated to fist him just to get Bruce to get out of his face.

Just because that's how you read it, doesn't mean that's what it was.

Go do life. Shit like this isn't important.

Not sure what your getting at there. Look, all I'm saying is it looks Bush League when Buff spazes out like that.

The most ridiculous thing I’ve seen on sherdog is the idea that the ufc has better announcers than buffer. Bruce is far and away the best we have and we should appreciate him.
Different strokes

I'm pretty sure that it's usually the fighters that initiate the fist bumping

It was like that, and is the most important thing in life.

You know, I've always wondered who initiates the bump. I always assumed it was the fighters maybe because one time Buffer did it to a fighter he's close with but now it seems like every fighter does it. Sometimes it looks like they're trying to include themselves in the gang. Similar to when fighters give off that "I'm buddies with the boss" energy at the weigh ins with Dana.

Also, why does he get in the face of some fighters and scream their introduction to them? He's supposed to introduce them to the audience not to the fighter to get pumped by hearing their own name.
The whole thing is really fucking odd and we've been sitting here for 25 years with this elephant in the room that nobody is dealing with.

#EnoughofBuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back