Bruce Buffer blasts Nate Diaz over under-promotion claims

How did he not deserve it? He pimpslapped and choked out McGregor on two weeks notice. He helped make the company a lot of money, and McGregors reputation was at stake if Diaz didn't give him the rematch. He leveraged his win with the desperation of WME and McGregor, and parlayed it into a rumored 10+million dollar payday. If the UFC didn't think the rematch was worth it, they wouldn't have payed him. The market bore him that payday because he stepped up and stopped the Great Irish Hope, he absolutely deserved it.
No he didn't. Just because you make the best of a situation, it doesn't mean you deserve it.

Explain the logic behind Nate Diaz deserving millions of dollars to fight Conor?

Reason of "well he won" is not a valid answer.

There were probably a dozen guys that deserved that fight before Nate Diaz.

bruce-buffer-nate-diaz-combo-ufc-230.jpg

“I love Nate, but he’s always got a bad taste in his mouth,” Buffer said. “Nate, I heard you made $7 (million) or more dollars on your last fight. I don’t want to hear you complaining about being underpromoted by the UFC.

“You should be thanking the UFC and bowing to Dana White every time you see him, (and) Ari Emmanuel, Patrick Whitesell. You’ve got $7 (million) or more dollars gross, before taxes, maybe much more – which I love knowing that you have, Nate. Please – I don’t want to hear any more.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/bruce...promotion-claims-should-bow-to-dana-white-ufc

He should actually be thanking Conor, just like Bruce Buffer should be thanking Conor, just like Dana white should be thanking Conor, just like Ari Emmanuel should be thanking Conor, just like every damn person in the UFC should be thanking Conor.

You know damn well Buffer is going to get a double middle finger right in the middle of the cage when he announces Nate Diaz....It will be glorious.

Even if you think that Nate is wrong, Bruce is nuthugging Dana so hard here. He needs to shut up and know his place, which is being one of the worst, most over the top ridiculous combat sports announcers of all time.

I’m not so sure Bruce will be choking out N8 in the elevator.

He got promoted into a fight and a payday he didn't deserve.

He’s the only one who has really deserved the McG fight so far.
He proved this by WINNING it.

P4P great means nothing if you get finished in 13 seconds.
Champ of heavier weight class means nothing if McG puts his hands behind his back, and then tags you and embarrasses you at will.

Nate is THE MAN.

Making a lot of money is not the same as being promoted tho...
He's a big draw and it is known to the UFC by how everyone acted by Nate being announced for a fight and putting him on the presser. Which they obviously did before the Conor v Khabib official announcement and fight so they could set Nate and Conor for a trilogy if he wins that.
I'd say not only is Diaz getting promoted, but catered to as well. Since there would be no other way for him to be in the picture without this happening. Plus they will start cutting promos for his fight soon. The one they did for Conor and Khabib was a breif overview. I love Diaz but he's getting plenty to come and has plenty now, him not seeing it is him being a baby.

He’s the only one who has really deserved the McG fight so far.
He proved this by WINNING it.

P4P great means nothing if you get finished in 13 seconds.
Champ of heavier weight class means nothing if McG puts his hands behind his back, and then tags you and embarrasses you at will.

Nate is THE MAN.
The man? ROFL nope.

Next fight, Nate fake fist pumps and cold-cocks Buffer.

False.

You should know the UFC by now, they're not eager to pay you big bucks. They were not going to pay him the same money to fight, otherwise he would obviously have fought.

Nate didn't refuse fights because he was being a drama queen. He said he wasn't going to take a pay cut. He made $7mil to fight Conor, and that was going to be his price for the next fight. The UFC wasn't willing to pay close to that. The UFC isn't willing to pay anyone. They even refused to pay Conor his asking price, that's why Conor has been away for so long.

They refused to pay GSP as well... and negotiations there took a year, and only through desperation after Ronda retired, and Conor refused to fight... then did they give GSP respectable money.

You should know by now that the UFC doesn't not treat their fighters fairly. They take the lions share of the money while the fighters risk everything... their well-being included. This is COMBAT sports.

Speculators have absolutely NO rights whatsoever to bitch at another human being for not stepping into the cage to risk getting a concussion. If the person doesn't feel they money he is offered, is worth him risking brain damage... then no one else should be able to say any different

<YeahOKJen>

Nate hasn't fought in two years. It's his fault he's not being promoted, not the UFC's.

Making a lot of money is not the same as being promoted tho...
Nate made his money from PPV, which means the cards he made that money was well marketed and promoted.

Bruce just needs to shut the fuck up and announce fights. Don't get involved in the fighters drama.

Its a diaz bro thing. Bitch about pay, get a lucky break into a big fight, go inactive for 2-4 years and bitch about the UFC not promoting them. Then the UFC builds hype and they say "Im not fighting, wolf tickets".
I wonder what nick got in the Silva figut

There are plenty of reasons to hate on the UFC, but Diaz is being a baby. It sounds like he expects the UFC to do all the work of promoting him and pay him a bunch of money.

Why would any promotion go along with that?

Lol. I think you answered your own question twice in that comment.

Nate Diaz is a fighter, his job is to fight. The UFC is a promotion, there job is to promote. Pretty simple concept really.

I would say that Bruce is right, but the UFC were paying this guy 20 and 20, fuck out of here.

Yeah but they also gave him a big upfront signing bonus in exchange for the low per fight contract so his negotiator is also to blame for that as well as Nate for signing the deal.

Lol. I think you answered your own question twice in that comment.

Nate Diaz is a fighter, his job is to fight. The UFC is a promotion, there job is to promote. Pretty simple concept really.
If a fighter thinks he's being underpromoted, then it's his job to prove he's worth the extra promototion. That means being active and doing his part to sell fights. So yeah, it is simple.

Back