Bruce Buffer blasts Nate Diaz over under-promotion claims

That's the thing.

Nate was red hot after the McGregor bouts. If he just signed a fight contract with literally anyone he would have received tons of promotion and money.

Now no one gives a shit about him or his idiot brother.

Yeah, mostly this.

He could have either headlined a fight night or co-main’d a ppv after that second McGregor fight, and it would have done insanely well.

and I’d even hazard a guess that if he DID, and won a fight or two, not only would he have made a ton of money, they elusive third McGregor fight might have even happened already.

They promote Nate just fine. Unfortunately, The Diaz brothers never quite grasped that you have to, you know have fights scheduled, to get promoted.

As unfair as it may be Conan, Kelly and Ryan and Kimmel don’t see much of an interview in talking about the bud your into at the moment and funny things that happened at Cesar Gracie’s that week.

He got promoted into a fight and a payday he didn't deserve.

He was used as a promotional stepping stone for another fighter, it backfired and the UFC had to pay for that. In the grand scheme of things they made more back then they lost giving Nasty Nate 7 million.

That's the thing.

Nate was red hot after the McGregor bouts. If he just signed a fight contract with literally anyone he would have received tons of promotion and money.

username checks out with this post

He was used as a promotional stepping stone for another fighter, it backfired and the UFC had to pay for that. In the grand scheme of things they made more back then they lost giving Nasty Nate 7 million.
He didnt deserve the money or fight so he got promotion he didn't even deserve and still whines like a bitch about everything.

The Diaz bros have to be the most entitled, primadona tough guys in the history of MMA.

I used to be a fan but they spend more time bitching than they do improving their mediocre wrestling and leg kick checking ability.

He didnt deserve the money or fight so he got promotion he didn't even deserve and still whines like a bitch about everything.

The Diaz bros have to be the most entitled, primadona tough guys in the history of MMA.

I used to be a fan but they spend more time bitching than they do improving their mediocre wrestling and leg kick checking ability.

Yeah, i agree they are entitled. But the fact that he beat Conor i think he deserved a pay day, because before that he was hand picked to be the lamb for the slaughter. That fight made his career, without it he'd have faded into obscurity.

bruce-buffer-nate-diaz-combo-ufc-230.jpg

“I love Nate, but he’s always got a bad taste in his mouth,” Buffer said. “Nate, I heard you made $7 (million) or more dollars on your last fight. I don’t want to hear you complaining about being underpromoted by the UFC.

“You should be thanking the UFC and bowing to Dana White every time you see him, (and) Ari Emmanuel, Patrick Whitesell. You’ve got $7 (million) or more dollars gross, before taxes, maybe much more – which I love knowing that you have, Nate. Please – I don’t want to hear any more.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/bruce...promotion-claims-should-bow-to-dana-white-ufc

Isn't this dude worth more than almost all ufc fighters? He has at least 10 million according to the internet...

Nate can't be promoted without mentioning Conor. His entire legacy is a gift from Conor. How can Diaz be promoted without milking his famous win? He just can't. Poor record, pillow fists, can't speak properly and rarely fights. There's a reason he was never a draw.

That's the thing.

I still would like to see them fight. I cant wait for diaz v dustin but I wish they would just stop bitching and moaning. Its old and tiresome. Al iaquinta is the same.

Making a lot of money is not the same as being promoted tho...
The only reason to want to be promoted is so you can make more money. If all Diaz want's is fame he can do that himself. I can't wait until he gets KO by Dustin so you McGregor era fans will realize that Diaz is not an elite level fighter.

If Diaz responds with, I'm cool with the money I just want better promotion idiot.. that would be boss.

The only reason to want to be promoted is so you can make more money. If all Diaz want's is fame he can do that himself. I can't wait until he gets KO by Dustin so you McGregor era fans will realize that Diaz is not an elite level fighter.

Even when he was tko'ed by Thomson that shit was not a KO. Nate could have continued to take a beating and Dustin doesn't fight like Josh. Nate beats him via superior boxing, range, and a sub to finish the fight. Then he gets a big money fight anyways.

Nate did his own promotion and got the big pay day. Then he decided to not bother fighting. He could have earned a lot more money fighting the like of ferg and khabib but he decided to go MIA like an idiot.

That's not true and we all know it. The UFC were never going to continue to pay Nate unless Conor was the one in the octagon with him.

That’s not his fault McGregor cherry picked him and it backfired.

Yeah, let's pretend Frankie and Aldo weren't the first choices and that they didn't both say "no".

IIRC the only other guy who stepped up to the plate was Cerrone. And based on what we know about both fighter's resilience and capacity to take damage, Cerrone would have been the easier fight for Connie.

At 20 to show, 20 to win, fighting twice a year, that's truck driver wages if he wins. He's been fighting in the UFC since 2007. I bet Buffer was making more money than Nate until recently.

Back