Bruce Buffer blasts Nate Diaz over under-promotion claims

Buffer can fuck himself for acting like he has an important role or any say in this for that matter.

At 20 to show, 20 to win, fighting twice a year, that's truck driver wages if he wins. He's been fighting in the UFC since 2007. I bet Buffer was making more money than Nate until recently.
Buffer probably makes heaps more, but he also performs a lot more often.

Oh, and Nate made way more than $20/$20, people quoting that disclosed number completely ignore Nate’s other earnings plus his (substantial) up front payment for that contract.

He should actually be thanking Conor, just like Bruce Buffer should be thanking Conor, just like Dana white should be thanking Conor, just like Ari Emmanuel should be thanking Conor, just like every damn person in the UFC should be thanking Conor.

Your obsession with Conor is creepy as fuck.

If a fighter thinks he's being underpromoted, then it's his job to prove he's worth the extra promototion. That means being active and doing his part to sell fights. So yeah, it is simple.

It's a promotions job to promote. In fact it's right in there job title. A fighters job is to fight. Seems he did a pretty good job of doing his part to sell fights though since his name is attached to the "promotions" too biggest events which all stemmed from the post fight rant on Fox after the MJ fight.

It's a promotions job to promote. In fact it's right in there job title. A fighters job is to fight. Seems he did a pretty good job of doing his part to sell fights though since his name is attached to the "promotions" too biggest events which all stemmed from the post fight rant on Fox after the MJ fight.
The promotion already does a lot more than just promote the fights. You might notice they also set up the venue, set up the broadcast etc, and work with the athletic commissions. And the most successful fighters in combat sports do more than just fight. Speaking of, when was the last time Diaz actually showed up to do that?

Your observation that he's a fighter so his only job is to fight is trite and dull. He's an adult. If he's unhappy with some aspect of his job then it's ultimately his responsibility to handle that.

Edit: Also, if you're going to bring up that his name is attached to the "promotions" (thanks for putting that in quotes)-it was oh so clever-two biggest event, that would suggest he isn't under promoted.

Last edited:
The promotion already does a lot more than just promote the fights. You might notice they also set up the venue, set up the broadcast etc, and work with the athletic commissions. And the most successful fighters in combat sports do more than just fight. Speaking of, when was the last time Diaz actually showed up to do that?

Your observation that he's a fighter so his only job is to fight is trite and dull. He's an adult. If he's unhappy with some aspect of his job then it's ultimately his responsibility to handle that.

Edit: Also, if you're going to bring up that his name is attached to the "promotions" (thanks for putting that in quotes)-it was oh so clever-two biggest event, that would suggest he isn't under promoted.

Well not too be a dick but if you had spent more time paying attention and less time trying to come up with a witty comment you would have noticed I never actually argued Nate was under promoted. I was simply arguing with you saying it's not the promotors job to promote a fighter when infact that is exactly the promotors job. Hence there job title being "promotor"as opposed to Nates which is "fighter".

Well not too be a dick but if you had spent more time paying attention and less time trying to come up with a witty comment you would have noticed I never actually argued Nate was under promoted. I was simply arguing with you saying it's not the promotors job to promote a fighter when infact that is exactly the promotors job. Hence there job title being "promotor"as opposed to Nates which is "fighter".
Publisher's don't simply publish books. They also promote them and fund them. Professors don't profess anything, at least not in the sense of how we typically use the word. They teach, publish, and research. Firefighters don't only fight fires; they handle lots of emergencies.

If you had spent time paying attention, you'd have noticed that I never made the nonsensical claim that it's not a promoter's job to promote. That is utterly dumb. My argument is that it's also the "fighter's" job to promote. The words we use to describe the job someone performs are not exhaustive in terms of a person's job responsibilities. That's something anyone with a modicum of common sense should realize.

Buffer has a point in the sense that Nate should be a bit more grateful to the UFC i mean lets be fucking honest here if it wasn't for the UFC Nate Diaz would be fucking nothing, hell him and his brother would most likely be a statistic if it wasn't for cage fighting

Buffer talking a lot of shit for someone who's job it is to read out loud.

always cracks me up when buffer plays the tough guy.

his biggest win is trigg in an elevator. not impressed.

bruce-buffer-nate-diaz-combo-ufc-230.jpg

“I love Nate, but he’s always got a bad taste in his mouth,” Buffer said. “Nate, I heard you made $7 (million) or more dollars on your last fight. I don’t want to hear you complaining about being underpromoted by the UFC.

“You should be thanking the UFC and bowing to Dana White every time you see him, (and) Ari Emmanuel, Patrick Whitesell. You’ve got $7 (million) or more dollars gross, before taxes, maybe much more – which I love knowing that you have, Nate. Please – I don’t want to hear any more.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/bruce...promotion-claims-should-bow-to-dana-white-ufc

Nate already responded to Bruce... and I think Nate is correct on this one.

Publisher's don't simply publish books. They also promote them and fund them. Professors don't profess anything, at least not in the sense of how we typically use the word. They teach, publish, and research. Firefighters don't only fight fires; they handle lots of emergencies.

If you had spent time paying attention, you'd have noticed that I never made the nonsensical claim that it's not a promoter's job to promote. That is utterly dumb. My argument is that it's also the "fighter's" job to promote. The words we use to describe the job someone performs are not exhaustive in terms of a person's job responsibilities. That's something anyone with a modicum of common sense should realize.

Fair enough except promoting sporting events is a little different than the other jobs you mention. The main purpose of a promotor is to promote but this is clearly a pointless argument in semantics and you seem like a resonable dude so I don't feel we need to continue with this.

Fair enough except promoting sporting events is a little different than the other jobs you mention. The main purpose of a promotor is to promote but this is clearly a pointless argument in semantics and you seem like a resonable dude so I don't feel we need to continue with this.

Promoters do promote. Dana does it as well.

They just feel it's a waste of time and money to promote fighters and promote UFC BRAND instead. And their 3.5 superstars, who know how to promote themselves successfully anyway

Promoters do promote. Dana does it as well.

They just feel it's a waste of time and money to promote fighters and promote UFC BRAND instead. And their 3.5 superstars, who know how to promote themselves successfully anyway

Yeah that's true, they have always focused on putting the brand above everything else

Yeah that's true, they have always focused on putting the brand above everything else

Not sure if always - for example , Chuck was heavily promoted as a fighter.
But since WME came over this is pretty much a rule.

If they see potential like Conor's or Ronda's- they give you opportunities.
If not - forget about their marketing department for good.

Not sure if always - for example , Chuck was heavily promoted as a fighter.
But since WME came over this is pretty much a rule.

If they see potential like Conor's or Ronda's- they give you opportunities.
If not - forget about their marketing department for good.

That's true about Chuck, Conor, Ronda but the main focus has always been the brand above all else, they don't hesitate to throw anyone under the bus if they go against the brand, I wouldn't have been surprised if Dana started trashing Chuck too if the Tito fight was going to take place in Bellator

Why would anyone pay any attention to what that potato-nosed mook says about anything?

I would pay PPV money to see Nate slap Buffer around

That's true about Chuck, Conor, Ronda but the main focus has always been the brand above all else, they don't hesitate to throw anyone under the bus if they go against the brand, I wouldn't have been surprised if Dana started trashing Chuck too if the Tito fight was going to take place in Bellator

Ronda and Conor are real stars though.
Chuck was different. He was not necessarily as big as thrley made him to be. He did not have potential as big as other two do.
Guess he got Dana White's actual friend special treatment.

And indeed, it's all about brand and superstars. Occasional PPV boost from Conor/Brock/GSP events is fine, but none of the other fighters make it, so UFC is what's selling.

As of badmouthing - honestly I don't think they have special policy here. They just let Dana speak from his mind, no one is a real threat to them anyway.
The only time they worked efficiently AGAINST someone is when this MMAAA came out...and they made it irrelevant as a threat within one week.

Back