Brown has no power, another volume striker with less precision.

Below average doesn't mean no power. You really think Brown has the same power as Lombard, Woodley, Lawler, Hendricks, Condit? He doesn't... so hes below average.

He has more power in his hands than most, including Condit, and the guys you listed all hot like Mack trucks and include to former middleweights.

This is what gets me. Apparently, despite Silva leaving on a stretcher, the fact that it was a TKO stoppage rather than a KO somehow means Brown doesn't have any real power in his fists and that it proves how deficient he is or some shit.

Not deficient mr. brain dead, it proves that in a very short future stand up war with a top tier striker Brown is getting knocked into Disney. There are people in his division that do have one punch knock out power and here comes Brown wading in face first with volume...the end. NO head movement, NO mobility, rest in peace.

He has more power in his hands than most, including Condit, and the guys you listed all hot like Mack trucks and include to former middleweights.

Silva wasn't even reacting to getting hit clean multiple times in that 2nd round. And those guys I listed all currently fight at WW so it doesn't matter.

Silva wasn't even reacting to getting hit clean multiple times in that 2nd round. And those guys I listed all currently fight at WW so it doesn't matter.

This >

Silva was running around for multiple rounds eating 1000s of Browns strikes. Don't fucking bs and say Brown has the heaviest hands or best knockout power in the division...

Not deficient mr. brain dead, it proves that in a very short future stand up war with a top tier striker Brown is getting knocked into Disney. There are people in his division that do have one punch knock out power and here comes Brown wading in face first with volume...the end. NO head movement, NO mobility, rest in peace.

It's gonna be a great fight before he drops though. Don't act like you won't watch.

Silva's head looked like a bobblehead in that fight. Brown's punches were certainly not light in any sense. Give credit to Silva's chin if anything.

Silva's head looked like a bobblehead in that fight. Brown's punches were certainly not light in any sense. Give credit to Silva's chin if anything.

agreed for sure, silvas chin was excellent..never said otherwise

It's gonna be a great fight before he drops though. Don't act like you won't watch.

I love Brown and do want to watch him fight, I just feel he needs to change up his fight strategy to compete at championship levels and be a real contender without getting knocked out.

He fucked up bad against Babalu (I want my 80 bucks back). Was such a winnable fight although huge size difference. Also, he should have KO'd Jacare after he dropped him but he was too scared to punch from the guard.

and I have no excuse for the Larkin fight... he just got owned. The Burger fight will answer a lot of questions regarding his future consistency I think. His resurgence is also probably due to the new camp so I really don't fear him fighting a guy with 11 losses that hasn't beat a top 10er.

The losses can be distracting from Brown's past, but they're almost all a product of him caring about striking and disregarding the ground stuff.

Brown, Manhoef, J.Stephens and Guillard are all guys that were holy terrors standing. Rarely ever lost standing, but has gaping exploitable known holes in the ground game.

Brown has done a lot to patch that hole (as has Robbie!). But Brown only lost standing to Pete Spratt forever ago.

His main (former?) hole has nothing to do with what Lawler brings to the table.

I actually have to stew on which guy I'd pick to win

And one more retarded thread going on and on. Please wasteland.

Yeah, getting hit clean - from the clinch. It's so much harder to generate KO power in an up close dirty boxing kind of match. Doesn't mean his power is below average. And the guys you listed are not the average.

Because he does them pointless little upward elbow strikes instead of making space and throwing something worth while, he was lucky Silva is not all that smart of a fighter in there last night and did not go for the body shots when it was the body shots that was hurting brown.

Hell, it could of been stopped in the first round if it was a different ref in there maybe it would of been stopped. Fact is, silva had the fight there to be won and did not captiplize of the fact Brown cannot take a body blow to save his life.

LOL way too obvious troll. Or just clueless. It's so easy to spot guys who has never sparred.

Lucky Silva wasn't smart enough to throw body shots? he threw plenty. And let me tell you something, when you got a mad dog like Brown in your face, you don't have time to plan the best way of attacking. One of the advantages that comes along with relentless pressure is that guys throw out their gameplan and gets thrown off their game. But i'm sure you knew this, you just forgot about it.

Below average doesn't mean no power. You really think Brown has the same power as Lombard, Woodley, Lawler, Hendricks, Condit? He doesn't... so hes below average.

The difference between Brown and the guys you listed is that Brown is knocking out guys left and right, each fight, and all of them on legit win streaks. Shit Mein had a split loss to Twood as his last loss before Brown. Pyle beat Story, albeit close controversial, but was on a tear knocking guys out too.

Woodley ko'd kos, big deal. condit got injured.
Hendricks knocked out Shields, which Lombard couldn't do, so whatever that means
Lawler didn't knock out Hendricks or Rory but he did get that coveted Kos KO - anyway, not sure what you mean throwing Lawler's power up like he bests Brown by default because he knocked out Kos or a top 15 guy or a top 25 guy in SF.

cause everyone knocks out erick silva like it's nothing....

Let's see how he does against elite competition at WW. His accuracy will go down drastically.

If he wouldn't have pulled out of the Condit fight he would have been exposed badly.

right, we'll see Brown fail or choke next time - don't hold your breath

The difference between Brown and the guys you listed is that Brown is knocking out guys left and right, each fight, and all of them on legit win streaks. Shit Mein had a split loss to Twood as his last loss before Brown. Pyle beat Story, albeit close controversial, but was on a tear knocking guys out too.

Woodley ko'd kos, big deal. condit got injured.
Hendricks knocked out Shields, which Lombard couldn't do, so whatever that means
Lawler didn't knock out Hendricks or Rory but he did get that coveted Kos KO - anyway, not sure what you mean throwing Lawler's power up like he bests Brown by default because he knocked out Kos or a top 15 guy or a top 25 guy in SF.

Because experience and style. Lawler knocked down Rory and beat Hendricks on the feet. and those guys are much more defense inclined. Lawler is also a counter puncher.

Let's just wait and see if Browns style can even last a minute against any of the top dogs first.

He seems to have moderate power. I wouldn't say no power. And it's a trade off for speed and stamina. It's just his fighting style.

His Achilles heel is his stomach. He's very vulnerable.

Back