Brown has no power, another volume striker with less precision.

I was kind of dissapointed Brown wasn't able to take out Silvas lights earlier. Credit to silvas chin I guess but these volume punch marathons that fighters like Diaz and Brown display kind of leave me dry.

You must be a fan of guys like GSP and Koscheck who throw punches with much less volume and no power whatsoever...

Didn't you see the thread about Matt Brown being tied for first place for number of finishes in the Welterweight division? He finishes fights.

I bet you think Cain is boring too (despite having the one of the highest finish rates in the UFC).

Because experience and style. Lawler knocked down Rory and beat Hendricks on the feet. and those guys are much more defense inclined. Lawler is also a counter puncher.

Let's just wait and see if Browns style can even last a minute against any of the top dogs first.

Robbie is 6-6 in his last 12. I know he was a mw, but still... If Robbie Lawler has a resurgence and fights for a title because he knocked out Volker kos and beat Rory in a decision, then putting Brown in that company is not beyond reasonable.

Pyle was legit before Brown beat his ass and that put Brown on the other side of that question mark

Matt-Brown.gif

Matt+Brown+KTFO+Mike+Swick+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

No power, eh?

Brown hits like a savage.

Matt+Brown+Stops+Chris+Cope+UFC+143.gif

Brown is where he is right now because of his fight strategy and skill combination. Yeah, its risky and any strong striker could take him out. He could also catch them, or wear them down. Its entirely possible that fighting safer would have left Brown in the slump he was in. Its not exactly a controversial opinion that the top strikers in the WW division have a good chance to knock anyone out.

This is why I say Just Bleed fans do not like MMA and Dana chasing this crowd will never work.

They will never be satisfied until MMA looks like a hockey fight.

You are the king of morons.

You must be a fan of guys like GSP and Koscheck who throw punches with much less volume and no power whatsoever...

Didn't you see the thread about Matt Brown being tied for first place for number of finishes in the Welterweight division? He finishes fights.

I bet you think Cain is boring too (despite having the one of the highest finish rates in the UFC).

I never said he never finishes fights, reading comprehension for the lose. I said he lacks the punching the power to survive a stand up war with a top tier striker. He will flurry and get caught and get knocked into a coma. Brown charges in on lower skill fighters and peppers them to death for a tko. Now all of a sudden he is ready for a championship fight, GTFO please. First real top tier striker he trys that shit with and he is gone and good the fuck bye.

I was kind of dissapointed Brown wasn't able to take out Silvas lights earlier. Credit to silvas chin I guess but these volume punch marathons that fighters like Diaz and Brown display kind of leave me dry.

Looked pretty damn precise to me. Go listen to Dominic Cruz's analysis after the fight...he tends to agree.

Brown doesn't just swing wildly or sloppily. Controlled, precise shots are what I saw.

Cain also has no power. He hit Kongo with like 300 shots and didn't even TKO him. Never mind all those KO's before or after, those are just anomalies.

Diaz's boxing makes me wet. What are you talking about? I like watching technique. Not 1 punch KO's.

Below average doesn't mean no power. You really think Brown has the same power as Lombard, Woodley, Lawler, Hendricks, Condit? He doesn't... so hes below average.

What? Those guys are just average (I don't count condit with them)? He doesn't have the same power as them and you shoot him all the way down to BELOW average?

Below avg to me does mean no power...basically.

Last edited:
This might be the dumbest shit ive ever seen ts claims brown is just moving foward "spamming punches" what the fuck does that even mean hes also left dry by "volume punchers" if your still dry maybe you should get a doctor to get the sand out of your vagina because its apparently really deep in there

I absolutely agree with the basic idea of your post.

No, Brown is not a naturally gifted athlete like Silva. No, he does not have the most crazy 1 punch KO power.
He wins by his willpower and tenacity, by just being the better fighter, not being genetically superior.

Except that's what makes his 7 fight win streak with 6 stoppages due to strikes even more impressive.

Not going to lie I was worried a bit before this fight. But that just makes it even sweeter now, really enjoying all the disappointed haters. Keep on hatin!

Damn those pillow elbows :rolleyes:

Srsly, did you count how many elbows he hit Silva with. If those aren't ineffectual elbow strikes I dont know man. It took the last few seconds of the last round for him to finally land one and open a cut on Silvas face.

Cain also has no power. He hit Kongo with like 300 shots and didn't even TKO him. Never mind all those KO's before or after, those are just anomalies.

Cain can take punishment, Brown however will fold when he comes under fire from the top tier strikers in the division. Lets see him run in face first againt Lombard and the like, see how fast he drops.

Back