Brown has no power, another volume striker with less precision.

King Crab

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was kind of dissapointed Brown wasn't able to take out Silvas lights earlier. Credit to silvas chin I guess but these volume punch marathons that fighters like Diaz and Brown display kind of leave me dry.

eric's head snapped back a few times there was good power on alot of those shots, it was just mostly fought in the clinch where its harder to generate that kind of power.. And thats matts style I personally love it, but I also love diaz fights

I was kind of dissapointed Brown wasn't able to take out Silvas lights earlier. Credit to silvas chin I guess but these volume punch marathons that fighters like Diaz and Brown display kind of leave me dry.

Didn't brown recently KTFO swick?
And Pyle?... Fail thread fails :/

So we're complaining about volume punchers now. Cool. Always something.

Brown is definitely below average power but it doesn't matter if youre effective. It was a great performance.

Bown has the most ko's in ww history with some complete ko's. There are barely anyone in ww with better power than him. Maybe Lombard and Ellenberger but thats about it. Hendricks doesn't ko anyone past the first round and barely hurts them after.

Brown has way more power than Diaz and his accuracy was excellent last night. Silva didn't go down earlier because he fought through the pain and suffering. Did you see his face when he rolled over after Herb Dean stepped in? Silva was beaten to a pulp. Dean probably should have stopped the fight earlier. You could even make a case that Dean could have stopped the fight in R1 when Silva was the one dominating the action. I think it was the right call not to stop it in R1, but I've seen stoppages in similar situations. Seeing Brown rally in the same R1 shows it was definitely the right call.

Its clear that the man hits hard, if you fail to see that then you need to get your head checked.

He has above average to good power. No power doesn't stop Jordan Mein for one second. He still needs to beat legit top 10 WW's.

Because he does them pointless little upward elbow strikes instead of making space and throwing something worth while, he was lucky Silva is not all that smart of a fighter in there last night and did not go for the body shots when it was the body shots that was hurting brown.

Hell, it could of been stopped in the first round if it was a different ref in there maybe it would of been stopped. Fact is, silva had the fight there to be won and did not captiplize of the fact Brown cannot take a body blow to save his life.

To the schmuck who asked if I lost on the bet, piss off... I didn't wager. To the other idiot who whined about me complaining, it wasn't a complaint it was an observation.

Point here is that Brown just advances and puts his face into other peoples fists which is not good for someone who relies on volumes of strikes that he throws to win. He won't get much deeper into the division unless he either alters his strategy ie head movement or puts people away faster.

less precision? But doesn't he have the highest striking accuracy among active WW's ? He was like 55% last night, that's pretty precise for mma - at least efficient

He's been hurt but still managed to put on pressure. Erick still hasn't adapt to pressure that cost him, nonetheless you got to give it to Matt for keeping moving forward. Still think he'll have a hard time with the likes of Condit, Woodley and Lawler though.

6 KO's in his last 7 fights = no power.

brown stole silva's soul last night.

get the fuck out OP.

He still won me money :D

Back