Brown has no power, another volume striker with less precision.

No he needs to adjust his game , incorporate head movement and soak less damage to win. Stoppages and tkos are not the same as knocking someone the fuck out. He is a great fighter, I love him...really. As the King of Crabs I have the right and autority to critique and point out his flaws.

Stoppages and tkos pretty much are the same as knocking someone the fuck out. lol what are you on about. Youre just nit picking.

if they can't continue they can't continue. whatever this is ridiculous why am I in this thread.

Brown is a pressure fighter and outside the opening seconds he's hard to train for. That level of aggression . Any evaluation focused on technique and defense is going to be inadequate.

The take a punch to give a punch style can work very well until he starts fighting guys he can't land on.

Guys like Mein start to mentally fold having a guy coming relentlessly forward, absorbing everything and spamming strikes.

It can leave you dry, I guess, but I love it and I love any fighter that brings a different approach in this day and age

Stoppages and tkos pretty much are the same as knocking someone the fuck out. lol what are you on about. Youre just nit picking.

if they can't continue they can't continue. whatever this is ridiculous why am I in this thread.

You must be new to MMA if you can't distinguish the important difference between a knock out and a tko. Please get informed and come back.

One of the worst opening posts of all time, and that's really saying something.

Volume punchers are awesome.
It's beautiful to watch a systematic beatdown or seeing a fighter slowly breaking down.
Better than some 1 punch knockouts imo.

If the other guy doesn't leave in a stretcher you lack power.

Wait, I understand Silva left on a stretcher and was rushed to the hospital. Well. Uh. You lack power unless the other guy dies?

Just observing he will have problems moving up the ladder with no head movement. He doesn't have the power to do that with real championship calibre fighters.

His defence isn't great but he is far from featherfisted I don't understand your point as long as you aren't totally featherfisted it makes little difference if you finish the other guy with 1 or with 10 shots as long as you finish him especially with his style that isn't an issue.
Not everyone is a huge power puncher there's little you can do about it I don't think brown will ever become champ just skillwise but physically his biggets problem is his weakness to body blows

I was kind of dissapointed Brown wasn't able to take out Silvas lights earlier. Credit to silvas chin I guess but these volume punch marathons that fighters like Diaz and Brown display kind of leave me dry.

Nice way to discredit a dominating victory.......fucking shertards

I'm sure he's going to have a lot of sleepless nights over you critizising his power

Uhhh HELLO!

earth to you.

Brown critized his own power in this fight, did you not watch the post fight press conference?

Nice way to discredit a dominating victory.......fucking shertards

Haha, no discredit intended mary... just pointing out holes in his game that will leave him with a fat L against championship calibre fighters. Considering the sheer volume of his punch tally it's a concern he couldn't knock Silva out. If he is going to depend on volume he needs to either get hit less , gain head movement and mobility. He is going to get caught and ktfo ..say by a Hector Lombard for example.

Uhhh HELLO!

earth to you.

Brown critized his own power in this fight, did you not watch the post fight press conference?

Which reinforces my own viewpoint and emphasies his need to tweak his fight strategy, thanks.

Uhhh HELLO!

earth to you.

No I did not but it doesn't matter because he can't change that without changing his style. He would have to throw punches with proper punching technique but that would cost him more energy and he wouldn't be able to throw so fast at such a high volume it would change his style that seems to be working for him

No I did not but it doesn't matter because he can't change that without changing his style. He would have to throw punches with proper punching technique but that would cost him more energy and he wouldn't be able to throw so fast at such a high volume it would change his style that seems to be working for him

:icon_cry2 so you do agree that he does lack power? wtf you talking about then? why are you arguing if you agree anyway? Please...

If he was fighting someone with real striking power he would have been knocked out. That is reality in my opinion. While I don't deny Brown is a great fighter with potential he needs to change his game in a few ways to be a champion at the upper echelons of the division. Brown was caught many times, needlessly.

Haha, no discredit intended mary... just pointing out holes in his game that will leave him with a fat L against championship calibre fighters. Considering the sheer volume of his punch tally it's a concern he couldn't knock Silva out. If he is going to depend on volume he needs to either get hit less , gain head movement and mobility. He is going to get caught and ktfo ..say by a Hector Lombard for example.

It's a bit like saying the problem with a berserker is they don't have enough armor and they need a shield instead of a second weapon.

If you have adequate power to hit your opponent and to stop your opponent then generally you have enough power to rely on your striking.

How much did you lose on Silva, ts?

^this

9: Finishes via strikes -- KO, TKO or submission -- for Brown, tying him with Rich Franklin and Cain Velasquez for fourth place in UFC history. Only Anderson Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (11) and Chuck Liddell (10) have more finishes via strikes.

^this is an excerpt from By The Numbers, meaning that this thread is a fail. You can say Bisping has poor power. You could even argue that Diaz has poor power, even though neither of them do. They knock out fighters, and the ones they only manage to beat up are incredibly talented, big hearted warriors who care naught for threads which don't understand the inside aspects of the cage.

As for MATT Brown, I can't believe he's on a run. The fact that he has haters now means that he's on his way towards a title shot

Can you imagine if Robbie Lawler was hitting him that clean lol, it wouldnt of gone 3 mins.

Back