Brown has no power, another volume striker with less precision.

^this

9: Finishes via strikes -- KO, TKO or submission -- for Brown, tying him with Rich Franklin and Cain Velasquez for fourth place in UFC history. Only Anderson Silva (11), Vitor Belfort (11) and Chuck Liddell (10) have more finishes via strikes.

^this is an excerpt from By The Numbers, meaning that this thread is a fail. You can say Bisping has poor power. You could even argue that Diaz has poor power, even though neither of them do. They knock out fighters, and the ones they only manage to beat up are incredibly talented, big hearted warriors who care naught for threads which don't understand the inside aspects of the cage.

As for Mike Brown, I can't believe he's on a run. The fact that he has haters now means that he's on his way towards a title shot

If you bothered reading this thead nimrod you would have seen my post stating I didn't wager a bet. Not to mention I am a Brown fan...

Haha, no discredit intended mary... just pointing out holes in his game that will leave him with a fat L against championship calibre fighters. Considering the sheer volume of his punch tally it's a concern he couldn't knock Silva out. If he is going to depend on volume he needs to either get hit less , gain head movement and mobility. He is going to get caught and ktfo ..say by a Hector Lombard for example.

It ain't always about the title shot man, it's all about the fights, some of us can actually enjoy a good one.

No I did not but it doesn't matter because he can't change that without changing his style. He would have to throw punches with proper punching technique but that would cost him more energy and he wouldn't be able to throw so fast at such a high volume it would change his style that seems to be working for him

He could mix in strikes where he plants, or incorporate more spinning strikes like Stout did (as he wasn't getting KOs), but again he's getting stoppage wins with the style he has so this is a confusing thread

Can you imagine if Robbie Lawler was hitting him that clean lol, it wouldnt of gone 3 mins.

Yes another example of my point but people are so blind and in denial its sad.

How much did you lose on Silva, ts?

LOL Yeah, it sounds like someone's teen-idol pin up got tooled and he had to find a way to spin it to take some of the edge off the butt hurt.

Personally, I was enjoying - immensely - the surgical beat down Brown was handing to "The Hype". Had it gone to the final bell I would have been just as pleased.

No he needs to adjust his game , incorporate head movement and soak less damage to win. Stoppages and tkos are not the same as knocking someone the fuck out. He is a great fighter, I love him...really. As the King of Crabs I have the right and autority to critique and point out his flaws.

I'm sure he will look to take the advice from some sherdogger sitting on his ass. I mean it's not like his style and lack of power have gotten him 7 wins in a row

less precision? But doesn't he have the highest striking accuracy among active WW's ? He was like 55% last night, that's pretty precise for mma - at least efficient
Let's see how he does against elite competition at WW. His accuracy will go down drastically.

If he wouldn't have pulled out of the Condit fight he would have been exposed badly.

I'm looking forward to him fighting a top guy which will probably shock a lot of people. Shame he was "injured" and had to pull out of the Condit fight; there is no way he should get a title shot without a top win.

Yes another example of my point but people are so blind and in denial its sad.

Lawler has his own style of a absorbing punishment to find his kill shot.

However in his fights with Babalu, Hendricks and Scott Smith sometimes he can't whack the head hard enough. For Smith he had to smack the body and he could do that with Brown but it doesn't play into the weakness you're describing. It'd be to Lawler's credit if he can finish Brown with strikes.

How constant attack can interfere with timing for many, but with Lawler we know he can stay calm when being picked apart (vs Manhoef) and we know he stays a threat (vs Johnny).

Just counting Brown out or assuming an easy knockout doesn't make sense because he has good instincts, good recovery, good heart and good chin. These help make up for his defensive deficiencies

Is this the start of some new purity meme for MMA? "TKOs aren't really KOs"? The same way that "Decision Wins aren't really wins"?

It was a wonderful win and I am glad for him. He won't however progress much farther if he doesn't look at his fight strat and alter it accordling to his tool set. It worked for Silva but I see him getting knocked out against a number of upper echelon fighters that won't be avoiding a stand up war with him.

I see someone riding the jab and the teep to control his aggression standing or cage clinching him to muffle his volume. I'd pick those as vastly more likely than him getting KOd. He does take some punches but you have to put him all way out as he recovers so well.

Is this the start of some new purity meme for MMA? "TKOs aren't really KOs"? The same way that "Decision Wins aren't really wins"?

No mostly we are checking to see if certain mental midgets can associate the difference between the two and what said difference implies. Thanks for your contribution to this thread !

So we're complaining about volume punchers now. Cool. Always something.

Brown is definitely below average power but it doesn't matter if youre effective. It was a great performance.

Below average power my ass.

It takes him three rounds to finish someone and all of a sudden he has no power. Sherdog is unbelievable.

I count out Brown in that one honestly... You have to be very smart when standing with Lawler. Brown doesn't have the experience to fight him. Sure his awesome offense has made up for his defense thus far but how long is that going to last.

Not long at all as soon as he goes up against a top tier striker. Problem is that people are enjoying his level of aggression which is fine, but they are alluding themselves into thinking Brown will not be getting knocked out cold very soon unless he alters his fight strat.

I count out Brown in that one honestly... You have to be very smart when standing with Lawler. Brown doesn't have the experience to fight him. Sure his awesome offense has made up for his defense thus far but how long is that going to last.

I love both guys but Lawler's power is overstated. It's very good, but he's had his own fights where he couldn't put guys away. Lawler has been improving his ability to kill wrestlers but his striking has likely ever so slightly deteriorated as a result. Un poquito

It takes him three rounds to finish someone and all of a sudden he has no power. Sherdog is unbelievable.

Below average doesn't mean no power. You really think Brown has the same power as Lombard, Woodley, Lawler, Hendricks, Condit? He doesn't... so hes below average.

I was kind of dissapointed Brown wasn't able to take out Silvas lights earlier. Credit to silvas chin I guess but these volume punch marathons that fighters like Diaz and Brown display kind of leave me dry.

There's always something to hate huh.:rolleyes:

This is what gets me. Apparently, despite Silva leaving on a stretcher, the fact that it was a TKO stoppage rather than a KO somehow means Brown doesn't have any real power in his fists and that it proves how deficient he is or some shit.

Back