Brian Caraway Responds to Fishhook on FB

I don't know whats worse, Carraway still talking to people on the net post his comment about beating on Rousey

-OR-

that he called some random child in MMA gloves bro, and in capital letters to make it even more hilarious

you hate him because he doesn't like illegal drugs?

Screen-Shot-2013-05-20-at-11.44.23-AM.png

He def knew he had his fingers in his mouth. He may not have done it on purpose but he still yanked his face with what seemed to be 2 fingers in his mouth. If I were the ref I would have taken a point or possibly gave him a DQ. And he says " things happen in a fight, like nut shots "... This is true, nut shots do occasionally happen. But when do fish hooks happen? Never!! Get a life Caraway, man up and stop lying.

No warning and possibly a DQ? That's what we need in MMA, more incompetent refs.

Caraway uses manipulation of the face to get the neck exposed. If you watch his fight with Gagnon, he covers the mouth and adjusts the face prior to snagging the neck. Does he fish hook on purpose? I don't think so, but he's really gritty when going after the neck so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens more often with him than others.

People like me hate him because of the Pat Healy debacle

Hate the guy who fucked his own career.

Caraway uses manipulation of the face to get the neck exposed. If you watch his fight with Gagnon, he covers the mouth and adjusts the face prior to snagging the neck. Does he fish hook on purpose?

Like Hendo do every time he is in top position?
Or like well respected guys like Arona?

There is no way a fish hook is accidental, just in case anyone happens to believe him.

Last edited:
There is no way a fish hook is accidental, just in case anyone happens to believe him.

I agree with you but the shertards defending Caraway will bring up you're jealous of him Dating Tate excuse

The fact that people throw these comments on social media at fighters is BS. I don't understand why folks enjoy heckling a professional athlete.

Like Hendo do every time he is in top position?
Or like well respected guys like Arona?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. I like his aggressiveness going after it. Keep in mind this is a lot different than just covering someone's mouth from breathing like we see a lot of fighters do. He is grabbing the face, squeezing it, turning it, lifting up, or whatever he can do to manipulate their chin to get the neck exposed. I don't believe any of that is illegal, but I may be wrong. It's definitely not something we see a lot of fighter do, or at least not near as aggressively as he does it.

Like I said, I like it. He's actually going hard for a choke. Much better than the constant hand fighting we see that seems to last forever.

How do you fishhook someone accidentely and not even notice it?

How do you fishhook someone accidentely and not even notice it?

It's not uncommon for it to happen grappling, especially with his style as mentioned. To play devil's advocate, maybe it's harder to notice with gloves on. Regardless, this was inconsequential to the fight and the finish.

Im not sure how to take a video from vine and make it work on Sherdog, but here is the link to the video. Seems like a pretty blatant fish hook. He really yanks on it for a couple secs there.

https://vine.co/v/MDteEq6pMhF

The picture looked blatant but wasn't definitive enough. After seeing this all doubt was removed.

How can you not know you have your fingers in someones wet, teeth-inhabited mouth?

Regardless, a fishhook has a lot less potential to do permanent damage to a fighter than eye pokes and certain fighters blatantly incorporate eye-poking into their fight strategy without consequence

Which is normal when being accused

Exactly. I've never understood this internet "gotten to" thing as if reacting to a personal attack like a normal human being is a negative.

It's not uncommon for it to happen grappling, especially with his style as mentioned. To play devil's advocate, maybe it's harder to notice with gloves on. Regardless, this was inconsequential to the fight and the finish.

I've never been fishhooked or fishhooked anyone in 7 years of grappling and competing. There is no way he didn't realize his finger was in the guy's mouth. He tugged on it for like 3 seconds to try to make space for the choke. It was as blatant a cheat as there is. All it takes is to relax your fingers to release the hook, but he didn't, because he thought he could get the choke from it. Very dirty, no respect.

complete bullshit, that one guy who is meisha tate's boyfriend always does this. he does something dirty (like ELBOW CAT ZINGANO IN THE FUCKING FACE) then just plays possum and says he didnt do it or didnt do it. that one guy who is meisha tates boyfriend should just be banned forever from the UFC

the cat thing, has't that been debunked?

we can clearly see here that he does own a fishing boat...

Miesha-Tate-and-Bryan-Caraway-enjoy-some-time-on-the-water.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back