Brian Caraway Responds to Fishhook on FB

uASNq5G.jpg

I don't even have a problem with what the dude said that you quoted..but this graph...so perfect...antoniobanderas.gif

That's exactly what happened. Shocked this is even being debated.

it does kind of look like he started the fishhook by accident but it definitely looks like he held and pulled it to try and gain position.

That dirty fish-hooker will get KTFO as soon as he starts to fight some real competition. I hope for a Curran/Warren kind of brutality with Carraway on the receiving end.

Some in that division better or I will find him and ..........

it does kind of look like he started the fishhook by accident but it definitely looks like he held and pulled it to try and gain position.

Exactly. He may have gotten by accident, but then he pulled it more to gain position.

there is a video of this over on cagepotato that really shows how bad the fish hook was. I'd post it but i'm not sure how to translate a video from vine into something viewable on sherdog.

If your not willing to fight for something, than you dont deserve to have it Brah!

lol at mma fans.. you can take decades off a human's life by destroying their brain but a finger in the mouth.. dats iwwegal

Gagnon, Bedford and Perez are all very good wins. And he arguably beat Mizugaki too.

Gagnon is a good win, agreed, the others, no. And there is no argument to be made with Mizugaki, he lost pretty clearly.

lol at mma fans.. you can take decades off a human's life by destroying their brain but a finger in the mouth.. dats iwwegal

Uh yeah, fishhooking is illegal, has been for a long time. What next, "you can take decades off a human's life by destroying their brain but a knee to the groin...dats iwwegal" - Conclusion? You're dumb.

When i first noticed it I rewound my DVR a few times, but could never get a definitive look, the screen shot shows it good. What you are able to see on the video is his hand was flat when it was covering the mouth, as he pulled away his fingers curled, so he might have been trying to grab the jaw or looking for a fish hook.

For the life of me, idk what went through goyito's head. Caraway looked stiff out there, almost jake shields like. All goyito had to do was stuff takedowns and kickboxing his way to a decision. Good lord

I don't see the big deal unless it was intentional. Fighters get poked in the eyes all the time, which is far worse than a fish hook. But I see Caraway isn't one of the more popular fighters in the promotion and people had to point out this illegal move.

When i first noticed it I rewound my DVR a few times, but could never get a definitive look, the screen shot shows it good. What you are able to see on the video is his hand was flat when it was covering the mouth, as he pulled away his fingers curled, so he might have been trying to grab the jaw or looking for a fish hook.

Im not sure how to take a video from vine and make it work on Sherdog, but here is the link to the video. Seems like a pretty blatant fish hook. He really yanks on it for a couple secs there.

https://vine.co/v/MDteEq6pMhF

Typical american on social medias:

American: "LOL! Celebrity X sucks balls! You're such a fruit celebrity X!"

Celebrity X: "Hey now, Guy..."

American: "OMG! You're totally right! I'm such a dorkidiotmoronretardpieceofshit! I'm your biggest fan! I will carry your child!"

So in your example a typical American admits when they are wrong, then apologizes for it?

Damn Americans. *rolls eyes*

pulling the "BRO" card shows that youre slightly pissed and gotten to

You (and the rest of the internet) say stuff like that as if it's a bad thing.

What's wrong with getting pissed when someone says something bad about you or your performance, ect?

What is this great alternative to getting mad that people are always implying is better by belittling the alternative ("u mad?") but never speak about directly?

Is it some robot, wannabe-vulcan style of being devoid of emotions?

or some fake "I wear sunglasses inside a dark room at night" hip hop style "cool" that is supposed to be way too "cool" to ever get mad about anything? "Hows can I get mad when I gots all dis pay-puh"

something like that?

Seriously, enlighten me. Because I've been confused about this subject for years.

So in your example a typical American admits when they are wrong, then apologizes for it?

Damn Americans. *rolls eyes*

no, you clearly missed the point of what he was saying.

If the celebrity somehow proved him wrong and then the guy admitted he was wrong, that would be one thing, but the poster's point was simply that people will shit talk and trash all over a celebrity but if that celebrity says one word to them, even just "hey" then that person will reverse their position and pretend to be their biggest fan.

let's try another example:
natman: Jon Jon sucks! I hate Jon Jones! I hope he gets his jaw shattered in the middle of the octagon
Jon Jones: Hey Natman
natman: OMG! HEY JON! You're the GREATEST! I can't wait to watch you fight bro, I'll be rooting for you! I was totally just kidding about that jaw stuff. You're the best!

I used my own name just for the heck of it, but that's literally what people do all the time when it comes to online interactions with celebs

Natman sucks. He's the worst poster on Sherdog. I fucking hate that guy and hope he gets banned as soon as possible.

Edit: Never mind, Natman was supposed to say "hey"

Last edited:
He def knew he had his fingers in his mouth. He may not have done it on purpose but he still yanked his face with what seemed to be 2 fingers in his mouth. If I were the ref I would have taken a point or possibly gave him a DQ. And he says " things happen in a fight, like nut shots "... This is true, nut shots do occasionally happen. But when do fish hooks happen? Never!! Get a life Caraway, man up and stop lying.

Back